You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

I did 6 buyins last night

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
and I`m well peed off. Only NL20 but it  hurt man.  Just wondering whats the most amount buyins ppl have done and how did they handle it?

Most were outdraws or coolers and I know that is part of the game and these swings are bound to happen at some stage, but it still HURTS.

Comments

• TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited July 2009
    ??????????? 6 buy ins in what mahony ,what did u play????????/
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited July 2009
    10/20p cash. Buying in for £20.
  • NColleyNColley Member Posts: 1,178
    edited July 2009
    i also lost everything i bought into yesterday, 3 on cash, 4 sngs and 3 mtts, i couldn't win a thing yesterday lost every race, practically every time i was favourite including JJ beat by K9, 99 beat by 44, and AK by KJ. Sometimes i made a mistake i'll agree to that but its still frustrating!

Hopin for a better day today after yesterday i'm due some luck! five 00 win would be nice lol!
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited July 2009
    No offence, but I`m sorta glad I`m not alone. I was expecting a bit of a knock soon due to the insane heater Ive been on last couple weeks. Just not this severe.
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2009
    In Response to I did 6 buyins last night:
    and I`m well peed off. Only NL20 but it fkn hurt man.  Just wondering whats the most amount buyins ppl have done and how did they handle it? Most were outdraws or coolers and I know that is part of the game and these swings are bound to happen at some stage, but it stil FKN HURTS.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I know that the cards don't have memory, and that the past has no influence on future events etc etc.
    But some days, no matter what you do, you're just going to lose. Bad beats, tilt, tightening up too much, cold decks..you name it, it's going to happen.
    So what can you do about it? Maybe have a stop-loss of 3 buyins: no matter what, you walk away after three buyins.
    Or you could do what I did: cross over to the dark side and play only MTTs......
  • scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited July 2009
    I once had an 18BI downswing in one day; I 4/6 table tho so these downswings can be expected.

In comparrison I once had a 45BI upswing another time so it evens out if you are a good player.
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2009
    We've all been there fellas. When you get up of a morning and you get an electric just scuffing your feet on the carpet you know it's gonna be a bad day.

When you're on a downer they can beat your full house just by showing Mr Bun the Baker cards, there isn't anything you can do about it.

It can be horrendous when you go on a long term downswing but eventually it will turn.....Eventually.

keep the faith!
  • offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited July 2009
    pretty sure ive done 12+ before all over NL300. Usually a good time to take a few days off. Also you need to be honest when accounting for how much of it was coolers and how much was tilt unless it will happen again.
  • WildDogWildDog Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2009

Happens a lot in january i played 2/3 tables for a couple of hours a day after the 17th when i got back home and from then till the end of the month i had KK v AA allin pre or on the flop 12 times and lost every time and i had AA v KK/QQ twice and lost both of those too on 25/50p. For the amount of hands i saw those few days for that to happen must be in the 100000s /1 its like 50/1 that you have KK 6 handed and someone else has AA.

Dont worry about it the most important thing is that its not an excuse to go on tilt, like offshoot said, cos u lose way more tilting than you ever do when u get a couple of outdraws.

• F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,399
    edited July 2009
    i can tilt like there's no tommorow lol

I once decimated my BR from 15k down to 3k at 5/10 ring... I never quit when losing tho and it took me 3 hours up until 5 o clock in the morning and managed to get it back up to 9k, and then thankfully over the next week i went on a heater and back up to 15k
  • CLIOKIDCLIOKID Member Posts: 783
    edited July 2009
    I've only ever done about 4 in one session. But last two weeks I've been getting loads of beats which in turn has made me start playing some of the worst stuff I've ever played. The BR was just about withdrawn this week lol.