You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL.

bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
edited October 2014 in The Football Corner
DON'T BRING YOU KNOW WHO BACK  TO THE PREMIERSHIP IN JANUARY,MR VAN GAAL.
WHO ???  GIVE YOU A CLUE -HE'S A DIVER,AN ARROGANT T**T,AND HE DOES MY HEAD IN,AND HIS FIRST NAME'S CHRISTIANO.

Comments

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited September 2014
    In Response to DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL.:
    DON'T BRING YOU KNOW WHO BACK  TO THE PREMIERSHIP IN JANUARY,MR VAN GAAL. WHO ???  GIVE YOU A CLUE -HE'S A DIVER,AN ARROGANT T**T,AND HE DOES MY HEAD IN,AND HIS FIRST NAME'S CHRISTIANO.
    Posted by bazzer61
    Don't bring back the best player to ever play in the Premier League, why ever not?

Oh, cos he's the b0ll0cks and he knows it?

The green eyed monster is not a good look.

I doubt he's coming back anyway.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL.:
    In Response to DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : Don't bring back the best player to ever play in the Premier League, why ever not? Oh, cos he's the b0ll0cks and he knows it? The green eyed monster is not a good look. I doubt he's coming back anyway.
    Posted by JingleMa
    if he's the best I fear for the Premiership.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    best player to play in the prem league was thierry henry
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Worth at least 10 of Ronaldo anyway mate.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : Worth at least 10 of Ronaldo anyway mate.
    Posted by bazzer61

Well if we just do a basic comparison of their records from the two clubs they have played the most games for:

Thierry Henry: 301 Games, 209 Goals (Arsenal and Barcelona).

Cristiano Ronaldo: 303 Games, 257 Goals (Manchester United and Real Madrid).

So based on these stats, one Thierry Henry is worth 0.85 of Cristiano Ronaldo.

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : Well if we just do a basic comparison of their records from the two clubs they have played the most games for: Thierry Henry: 301 Games, 209 Goals (Arsenal and Barcelona). Cristiano Ronaldo: 303 Games, 257 Goals (Manchester United and Real Madrid). So based on these stats, one Thierry Henry is worth 0.85 of Cristiano Ronaldo.
    Posted by JingleMa

Premier league record

RONALDO goal every 2.33 games

HENRY goal every 1.45 games

Ronaldos stats as you gave them are heavily influnced by his time in Spain, which as a league is much less competetive than the premier league.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : Premier league record RONALDO goal every 2.33 games HENRY goal every 1.45 games Ronaldos stats as you gave them are heavily influnced by his time in Spain, which as a league is much less competetive than the premier league.
    Posted by BADBOY985

Lol at this.

Ronaldo played mostly on the wing for Man Utd, not to mention he was still learning about his game and maturing as a player. 

Even then, once he learnt to play his all round game, the Premier League was no match for him. He only scored 18 goals in his first 95 league matches for Man Utd (still a respectable stat for a winger), but then 66 goals in his next 65! Real Madrid then bought him for 80m Euros before he could inflict any more damage in the PL.

I was actually being generous to Henry by not mentioning their Champions League records.

Henry has a great record with 50 champ league goals in total.

However, Ronaldo has already blown it out of the water with 67 goals and counting.

In addition, he has been top scorer of the competition three times (Henry never was) and he broke the record for most goals in one campaign last season with 17.

But of course, the Premier League is much tougher and more competitive than the biggest club competion in the world, right?

• Options
    TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited September 2014
    Ignoring stats, ronaldo was / is a game-changer.  Way ahead of his peers and a new breed of footballer.quicker than henry, stronger than shearer, better in the air than defenders like terry, two footed, more tricks than ginola and scores from free kicks ala beckham, tap ins ala van nistelroy and screamers ala le tissier. He creates goals outwide or through the middle. And does it all from nonconventional positions. 

Henry was a superb footballer,  but ronaldo is an outlier, even amongst the elite. Henry, as good as he was, isnt even close to ronaldo.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : Lol at this. Ronaldo played mostly on the wing for Man Utd, not to mention he was still learning about his game and maturing as a player.  Even then, once he learnt to play his all round game, the Premier League was no match for him. He only scored 18 goals in his first 95 league matches for Man Utd (still a respectable stat for a winger), but then 66 goals in his next 65! Real Madrid then bought him for 80m Euros before he could inflict any more damage in the PL. I was actually being generous to Henry by not mentioning their Champions League records. Henry has a great record with 50 champ league goals in total. However, Ronaldo has already blown it out of the water with 67 goals and counting. In addition, he has been top scorer of the competition three times (Henry never was) and he broke the record for most goals in one campaign last season with 17. But of course, the Premier League is much tougher and more competitive than the biggest club competion in the world, right?
    Posted by JingleMa
    I was merely pointing out that you originally said that you felt Ronaldo was the best player ever to play in the premier league.
    So therefore its unfair to add in perfornmances outside that.

Over his whole career Ronaldo is Undoubtly a better player than Henry, But his ability and affectiveness has come on ten fold since moving to madrid.

Henry was at the very height of his powers at Arsenal and Ronaldo was still developing
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : I was merely pointing out that you originally said that you felt Ronaldo was the best player ever to play in the premier league. So therefore its unfair to add in perfornmances outside that. Over his whole career Ronaldo is Undoubtly a better player than Henry, But his ability and affectiveness has come on ten fold since moving to madrid. Henry was at the very height of his powers at Arsenal and Ronaldo was still developing
    Posted by BADBOY985

But it hasn't.

As I already pointed out, his last 66 league goals for Man Utd came in only 65 games. 

It's not Ronaldo's fault that RM came in with an offer Utd could not refuse before he could continue to blitz the Prem like he certainly would have. This is why fans who say "Ronaldo could not do what he has done in Spain over here" is utter nonsense.

Ronaldo is EASILY the greatest player to ever play in the top flight of English football.

Why? Basically, everything TeddyBloat said.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : But it hasn't. As I already pointed out, his last 66 league goals for Man Utd came in only 65 games.  It's not Ronaldo's fault that RM came in with an offer Utd could not refuse before he could continue to blitz the Prem like he certainly would have. This is why fans who say "Ronaldo could not do what he has done in Spain over here" is utter nonsense. Ronaldo is EASILY the greatest player to ever play in the top flight of English football. Why? Basically, everything TeddyBloat said.
    Posted by JingleMa
    RONALDO THE GREATEST EVER PLAYER TO APPEAR IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE?????????
    WITH GREAT RESPECT,WHAT A TOTAL LOAD OF B*****CKS.
    I AM OF AN AGE TO HAVE BEEN WITH THE PREM SINCE IT STARTED.
    I COULD NAME YOU ANY AMOUNT IN THAT TIME BETTER THAN RONALDO,BUT I FEEL IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT,AS YOU SEEM TO BE OBSESSED WITH HIM,SO I WILL MAKE THIS MY LAST COMMENT ON THE TOPIC.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : RONALDO THE GREATEST EVER PLAYER TO APPEAR IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE????????? WITH GREAT RESPECT,WHAT A TOTAL LOAD OF B*****CKS. I AM OF AN AGE TO HAVE BEEN WITH THE PREM SINCE IT STARTED. I COULD NAME YOU ANY AMOUNT IN THAT TIME BETTER THAN RONALDO,BUT I FEEL IT WOULD BE A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT,AS YOU SEEM TO BE OBSESSED WITH HIM,SO I WILL MAKE THIS MY LAST COMMENT ON THE TOPIC.
    Posted by bazzer61

Ok, well that settles it.

I think everyone will agree that putting your argument in caps definitely proves you're right, well done.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : But it hasn't. As I already pointed out, his last 66 league goals for Man Utd came in only 65 games.  It's not Ronaldo's fault that RM came in with an offer Utd could not refuse before he could continue to blitz the Prem like he certainly would have. This is why fans who say "Ronaldo could not do what he has done in Spain over here" is utter nonsense. Ronaldo is EASILY the greatest player to ever play in the top flight of English football. Why? Basically, everything TeddyBloat said.
    Posted by JingleMa
    I dont know how old you are but by the statement EASILY THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY IN THE TO FLIGHT.
    Im guessing under 30, Just to let youknow that despite what SKYSPORTS tell you there was a top flight for 104 years before the premier league was born.
    Older and wiser men than I could give you a list of players who of there time were as impressive as your hero
    I will give you 2 to start with

Duncan Edwards who Bobby Charlton for one said would but for his tragic death been the greatest player ever to play the game

Bobby Moore who is rated by many outside England to be the greatest defender ever, If you dont believe me on that one ask Pele!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: DON'T DO IT MR.VAN GAAL. : I dont know how old you are but by the statement EASILY THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER TO PLAY IN THE TO FLIGHT. Im guessing under 30, Just to let youknow that despite what SKYSPORTS tell you there was a top flight for 104 years before the premier league was born. Older and wiser men than I could give you a list of players who of there time were as impressive as your hero I will give you 2 to start with Duncan Edwards who Bobby Charlton for one said would but for his tragic death been the greatest player ever to play the game Bobby Moore who is rated by many outside England to be the greatest defender ever, If you dont believe me on that one ask Pele!
    Posted by BADBOY985

Yes I've heard of both and despite my age being irrelevant, I don't rely on Sky Sports for my football knowledge.

They were both excellent players by all accounts as were George Best, Jimmy Greaves, Tom Finney, Stanley Matthews and countless others.

I would put Ronaldo, Messi, Pele and Maradona in a similar class and I doubt there have been any UK based players to match them.

Hard to compare eras of course, but I stand by my opinion.