You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum 'Latest Post' glitch

NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Why is that often you'll see a thread with a 'new post marker', and the Latest Post area says something like "3 Minutes ago by Mrs Mop", but when you click on the thread or the 'unread post star' that latest post isn't there. Then a few minutes later it'll appear.
Been bugging me since I started using the forum back in June!

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    You can also get e-mail notifications for posts that aren't shown when you look at the thread.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    Also, the "new post" marker shows when you have read all posts and you have made the last post yourself.
    (Obviously none of these isssues are a serious problem).
  • Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010

Similar problem but not quite the same:

When you refresh the forum page, the timings of the posts are mostly wrong..

For example i looked at a thread that said the last post was by me 2 minutes ago, i refreshed 4 minutes later and said the same thing, that the last post was by me 2 minutes ago. Another refresh a couple of minutes after gave the same result.

I just dont like being lied to! :P

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2010
    ... and the MARK ALL READ thing doesn't work at all lol

Other than that I'm happy with fings :-)
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited January 2010
    Yeah iv also noted this too, sometimes if a lot of people have replied in a short space of time i cant get to read it until it seems they stop posting for a bit

No need to blame Mrs Mop though
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    maybe the forums are over-loaded----with people that can't play on the tables?
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Forum 'Latest Post' glitch:
    Why is that often you'll see a thread with a 'new post marker', and the Latest Post area says something like "3 Minutes ago by Mrs Mop", but when you click on the thread or the 'unread post star' that latest post isn't there. Then a few minutes later it'll appear. Been bugging me since I started using the forum back in June!
    Posted by NoseyBonk

hey guys,

the latest post area can sometimes be a little misleading as the system takes a while to update and i realise this can be a pain while trying to stay up to date with a thread.

a little trick if you're trying to get to the latest posts but aren't seeing them on your page is to hit control+f5 - this will hard re-fresh your page and should display the latest reply.

a more drastic option would be to clear the temporary internet files and cache. this will remove any 'saved' views your computer has of the thread and will allow you to see fresh posts.

let me know how you get on.

• Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum 'Latest Post' glitch:
    In Response to Forum 'Latest Post' glitch : hey guys, the latest post area can sometimes be a little misleading as the system takes a while to update and i realise this can be a pain while trying to stay up to date with a thread. a little trick if you're trying to get to the latest posts but aren't seeing them on your page is to hit control+f5 - this will hard re-fresh your page and should display the latest reply. a more drastic option would be to clear the temporary internet files and cache. this will remove any 'saved' views your computer has of the thread and will allow you to see fresh posts. let me know how you get on.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Sadly, it doesnt work Rich, same results =[
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum 'Latest Post' glitch:
    In Response to Re: Forum 'Latest Post' glitch : Sadly, it doesnt work Rich, same results =[
    Posted by EEN

are you referring to the timings problem.

or....

or latest posts not appearing?

control+f5 will not fix the timings issue. the latest post area should just be used as a 'guide' and not taken as verbatim

control+f5 will fix things (display issues) that might have temporarily been stored on your computer and affect what your seeing.

for example if you have uploaded a picture to your profile (even after we have approved it) you may see that awaiting approval image. hitting control+5 will fix this and allow you to see your newly approved image!

(by 'hit' i mean click. i don't want anyone literally smashing up their keyboard...unless of course that's your thing)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it's also important to note that the poster may have gone back and edited/ be editing their post. if this is the 'latest' it may explain why you're not seeing it on your screen straight away.

my advice would be go and enjoy another thread for 5 minutes then pop back and read the replies.