You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker Strategy Books

underwaterunderwater Member Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in Strategy
Hello,

Ive started playing poker again after a few years hiatus and while Ive been away its changed quite a bit. Id never heard of 3-betting and was suprised to see so many light calls.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone could reccomend an up to date strategy book to help me out of the dark ages.

All the best!

Lee

Comments

• Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited September 2014
    Hi Lee, welcome to the crazy world of poker 2014!

I asked this question on the Poker Chat part of the forum about a month ago and the general consensus at the time seemed to be that I would find only limited value in books and should focus my attention on videos instead - sites such as DeucesCracked and CardRunners are ones I can recall, although I think others were also mentioned.

The benefit being that, with the speed the games have evolved in recent years, it's easier to find info that is 'current' on videos which are being added / updated on a weekly basis, as opposed to books which can often be a year behind due to the lag in writing, proof-reading, printing, distributing etc...

Not sure about the light calls comment btw - I miss the early days of my playing where I could open shove AA for 100bb UTG at a 10-max table and be certain of at least 1 caller holding ATC :) There are a lot more nits about today!!