You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The best player ever to play in the premier league.

BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
edited October 2014 in The Football Corner
On the post DONT DO IT MR VAN GAAL, jingla ma labels Chritiano Ronaldo "The best player ever to play in the premiership"

Which got me thining who is the best player ever to play in the premiership?

so your thought please on

1 best goalkeeper 
2 best defender
3 best midfielder
4 best forward

5 the best player ever to play in the premiership.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    1 Peter schmeichal for me the only possible choice was probalby worth 2O points as season and reinvented the goalkeeping position to where it is today

2 Ricardo Carvaho in the premiership era I dont think there has been a defender who was a better reader of the game.Always seemed to be in the right place to avert any dangers.

there my first to choices the 3rd,4th and 5th im still debating.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    3 Ryan Giggs had a mental list of about 12 to think thriough for this one Giggs was the second on it. after suming up what he achived and how long he played at the very to level only Paul Scholes even came close to Giggs in my thinking.

• Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited September 2014
    1peter schmeichal,2 daffy duck 3 scooby doo 4 tom 5 the road runner,sorry could not help myself :):):) beap, beap,:):):)
  • Options
    GASLIGHTGASLIGHT Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2014

Would say between Peter Schmeichal and David Seaman but as you say think over long term Schmeichal has it
    defender you have to look at Arsenals famous back four and pick out Tony Adams..midfielder,I look for a strong player holding the team togeather..Gigsy was amazing but you could class him as a winger,would go for Stevie Gerrard closley followed by Roy Keen and best forward has to be Sheerer with Matt Le Tissier a very close..many saying he kept Southampton up in top flight single handedly for so long,imagine if he had been in a good team..think he would of been a real legend!!

So going

1 best goalkeeper ….................... Peter Schmeichal

2 best defender.......................................... Tony Adams

3 best midfielder.......................................Stevie Gerrard

4 best forward...........................................Alan Scheerer

5 the best player ever to play in the premiership.....hopefully he is yet to make an apperance ;-)

• Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited September 2014

1. Peter Schmeichel .
    2.  Ashley Cole
    3.   Scholes,    closely followed by Becks, Giggs, Lamps and Viera
    4.    Henrry ,  easy be Owen if he could keep fit.  Shearer close 2nd/3rd.

Best player by far though, Obv Cristiano Ronaldoo.   

Tough to put him as a midfielder or striker, plus he's so good he needs his own category.  Best player in the world and a pleasure to see him in the prem for so long.
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited September 2014
    Stefan Moore. 
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    4 and 5 are the same player 

Thierry Henry

Was lucky enough to see him play at fratton park a few times, The pace,grace and ballance he played at were amazing to see.
    I remember we played Arsenal in our last home game the season of the invincibles he was amazing got an standing ovation and came back out to appluad the crowd.
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: The best player ever to play in the premier league.:
    4 and 5 are the same player  Thierry Henry Was lucky enough to see him play at fratton park a few times, The pace,grace and ballance he played at were amazing to see. I remember we played Arsenal in our last home game the season of the invincibles he was amazing got an standing ovation and came back out to appluad the crowd.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    My mate is Portsmouth Fan, Terry Streeton, had [657 flag lol], went to game with him years ago!!

When Henry was taking corners, they clapped him massively, then later, started singing jokingly..

" You're never play for Portsmouth "

he laffed as he went to take corner, & started clapping Portsmouth fans before & after he took em, was amazing!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    1 best goalkeeper - Peter Schmicheal, then David Seaman
    2 best defender - John Terry, then Stam  [defo NOT Adams, lol]
    3 best midfielder - Keane, then Henry
    4 best forward - Suarez, then Berkamp

UL Cantona, Cole, Veira, Giggs, Ginola

I gone on these Players at their BEST!! Overall prem games, Giggs cannot really be beaten!!

Side Track, Best players I EVER seen Messi, Inietsa!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Le Tissier, so frustrating, a little more Box to box about him and he would be there!
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited September 2014
    Most enjoyable player i ever watched live when i used to go to the match - David Ginola, easy.
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2014
    no1 mentioned this fella paul McGrath simply magnificent