You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Bridge club

Deek10Deek10 Member Posts: 25
edited October 2014 in The Rail
Hi everybody my name is Derek and this stream is dedicated to all of us who play both Poker and Bridge. Poker players make great Bridge players so i will be encouraging everybody to learn how to play. Sky Poker is OK with this because they ocasionally cover Bridge on one of their other Channels. 
Go to my Sky aproved website www.bridgewebs.com/dereksanders to see what it is all about!
or for a brief summary of how the game plays

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Before online Poker, Bridge was the only big time card game available to most people and had a huge following until the mid 90's. The modern game was formalised in the late 1920's and was hugely popular pre and post WW2 .Sadly with the advent of computer games and online Poker this greatest of all card games has fallen in popularity and is now mainly played by retired folk and a fair number of Kids (who obviously cant play Poker) along with University students. While it seems apparent at Poker you can win huge amounts of money after just a few years of playing, at Bridge the skill levels are so high it takes
    15- 20 years to achieve such success. 
    PLAYING BRIDGE FOR MONEY: Even today people still play Bridge for money (My Mum is an expert!). But because of the massive skill factor involved there is little variance and few will play stronger players.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Some well known people who play Bridge:
    Kay Burley (Sky News)
    Gus Hanson (Poker)
    Omar Shariif (Film Star)
    Norma and John Major (ex Prime Minister)
    Bill Gates (who is really good) who plays with Warren Buffet
    along with some who are no longer with us most notably Princess Diana :(
    Bridge is a game of pure skill and there are no age restrictions for this the greatest of all card games.
    Infact the Inland Revenue deem it as such a skillful game that they allow you to play for any Stakes, anywhere
    and you are not in breach of the Gaming and Gambling laws...unlike poker where £3.00  buy in is the limit!!