You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

NEW DTD TEAM POINTS SCORING FROM 6th OCTOBER

j3onoj3ono Member Posts: 2,072
edited November 2014 in Team Talk

Firstly many thanks to Michael Daly(DTWBANDIT) for setting up and running this great weekly comp for ANYONE on sky poker to play, ably assisted by Gemma(GBUK), David(BOXSTER), Dale(FLYINGDAGG) and Matt(MATT237)
I hope you all agreed they do a sterling job that we probably take it for granted each week. 
Sky Poker also need to congratulated for the amount of free seats they give away each month, well over £300 in September. probably another thing we all take for granted. 
Lastly but no means least David(HITMAN_RV) who added a new dimension to Michael’s DTD and if you're in a team definitely made the evening more enjoyable ;’)
Thanks to all who I have talked with over the last week to make these changes possible.

My 4 point plan to come in from effect of next Monday 6th October.
1. More top heavy points allocation using the top10 as before.
2. More bonus points for wins.
3. Scrapping of league points, YOUR FINISHING POSITION counts not how your team ranked previous weeks.
4. Spread the prizepool around the teams. 
I’m positive the above changes will give ALL teams more of a winning chance ,this in turn WILL lead to an increase numbers and possibly teams.

How it will work.
Top 10 players score the following points, (Indy players still have an effect so sign them up)
1st 15 points
2nd 12 points
3rd 10 points
4th 8 points
5th 6 points
6th 5 points
7th 4 points
8th 3 points
9th 2 points
10th 1 point

Winning will give your team 5 bonus points
Win DTD1,2or3 your team will also get 5 bonus points

Monthly Prizes
Currently very top heavy 1, £33 seat to winning team and 5, £5.50 mini seats for teams who finish 1st to 5th.
These will change to 5, £11 mini roller seats and 1, £5.50 mini seat.
1st place Team will get TWO seats.
2nd ,3rd and 4th One seat.
5th place the £5.50 seat.

Please feel free to give me as much feedback as you wish ;’)
Rungood 
JON

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited September 2014
    Nice one Jono

Just one small point:

Is there any Monthly prize for IND players not in a team?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW DTD TEAM POINTS SCORING FROM 6th OCTOBER:
    Nice one Jono Just one small point: Is there any Monthly prize for IND players not in a team?
    Posted by VespaPX

Hi mate, these prizes??

RIGHT THE SEPTEMBER MONTHLY FORUM DTD LEAGUE BIT

As a thank you for the excellent support you all continue to show Sky Adam has increased the prizes to award the TOP 3 Places

Starting on Monday September 1st and running for 5 weeks We will be running a Monthly comp alongside the usual weekly one. So thats the 1st / 8th / 15th / 22nd & 29th September. It won't cost any extra - it's a bonus

Your best 3 scores out of the 5 will be added together and averagedLast Month we had 123 Unique Players

The players who finish in the top 3 will win ......................... 
    100-149 runners:1st = £55 BH Seat, 2nd = £33 BH Seat, 3rd = £11 Rebuy Open Seat
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW DTD TEAM POINTS SCORING FROM 6th OCTOBER :   Hi mate, these prizes?? RIGHT THE SEPTEMBER MONTHLY FORUM DTD LEAGUE BIT As a thank you for the excellent support you all continue to show Sky Adam has increased the prizes to award the TOP 3 Places Starting on Monday September 1st  and running for 5 weeks We will be running a Monthly comp alongside the usual weekly one. S o thats the  1st  / 8th  / 15th / 22nd & 29th September .  It won't cost any extra - it's a bonus Your best 3 scores out of the 5 will be added together and averaged Last Month we had 123 Unique Players The players who finish in the top 3 will win .........................  100-149 runners: 1st = £55 BH Seat, 2nd = £33 BH Seat, 3rd = £11 Rebuy Open Seat _____________ 150-199 runners: 1st = £110 Roller Seat, 2nd = £55 BH Seat, 3rd = £33 BH Seat ______________ 200 + 1ST= £220 Seat (OR VALUE TO), 2ND=£110 Roller Seat, 3rd £55 BH Seat THESE ARE UNAFFECTED AND TOTAL SEPERATE
    Posted by j3ono
    Yep that's the ones cheers for the reply
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited September 2014
    Nice one Jono Just one small point: Is there any Monthly prize for IND players not in a team?
    Posted by VespaPX
    Yes The Excellent Main Individual Prizes For Michaels DTD League remain the same for all Entries!!

These are Just Changes to The Separate Team League Prizes, that I negotiated with Sky!

Jon will be Running the Team League I Started for The Community, in October, Please support all the fresh New Changes we have planned!!

After 3+ Years, Starting, Developing, Protecting, The Forum DTD Team League, I Now Pass it Into Safe trusted Hands!!

GL Jon!!!
    The ideas he appproached me with I Felt were so Good, I had to let him Run it!!

FORWARD TOGETHER!!
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited September 2014
    First: 18/8/2014
    Last: 30/9/2014
    Well being new to playing in the league,i feel that anyone cashing deserves at least a point.After all cashing is a reward for playing well so why no reward in the league, i dont get that. Also if there are 50 players on a bad night and you get ,lets say 8th, no cash reward but points.if there are 2000 playing you get 11th not a bad payout but no points.As it becomes more popular numbers will increase,so we need to be one step ahead.What my point is is, that if say 70 ponts are allocated every game we become static,its just a thought but i feel anyone cashing, points should be awarded ie lets got 15 pc, 300 runners . ok first 45 will get a cash, so points should go from 1 to 45 for the winner. This willalso eradicate mr bloggs winning with 50 runners as mr blagg winning with 150.Obviously the bigger the field the bigger the reward should be. Just a thought and bit of input folkes i will understand if you tell me to f o and mind my own BUISINESS LOL.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited September 2014
    Interesting idea matrixx.  There are many ways to skin a cat, and many will have different preferences.  The important thing is the cat is getting its pre-shave... ok not the best analogy.

At least one point for cashing,... then what?  A point for various percentiles of finishing position?  How do you scale up to the winning position, and should that scalar vary by number of entrants?  Should we just give points per £ won? 

Concept of DTD has always been that the performance across more than one tournament is rewarded, so what then... bonus points if you cash in more than one?  We can go as complicated as you like but let's take small steps forward.

If you come 8th in any one tournament you've a good chance of making the top 10, as a top 30 finish in either of the other 2 has historically been enough to make the team table.

Hope you're enjoying your Monday nights and continue to do so with this new format.
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited September 2014
    I need to start playing this, new format looks fun. I will start from Monday :) TPT :) 
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks Mike for the reply and gl Nuggy ;')
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    matrixxs Posts: 14 First: 18/8/2014 Last: 30/9/2014 Well being new to playing in the league,i feel that anyone cashing deserves at least a point.After all cashing is a reward for playing well so why no reward in the league, i dont get that. Also if there are 50 players on a bad night and you get ,lets say 8th, no cash reward but points.if there are 2000 playing you get 11th not a bad payout but no points.As it becomes more popular numbers will increase,so we need to be one step ahead.What my point is is, that if say 70 ponts are allocated every game we become static,its just a thought but i feel anyone cashing, points should be awarded ie lets got 15 pc, 300 runners . ok first 45 will get a cash, so points should go from 1 to 45 for the winner. This willalso eradicate mr bloggs winning with 50 runners as mr blagg winning with 150.Obviously the bigger the field the bigger the reward should be. Just a thought and bit of input folkes i will understand if you tell me to f o and mind my own BUISINESS LOL.
    Posted by POKERTREV

Hi Gary MatrixxMate, & TY Trev!
    All Opinions if Fair & Polite welcome, Thanks!!

Glad you Enjoyed your First DTD & welcome to The HitSquad!!

To explain if I may, ......The Beauty of this New system & Old is its simplicity!!
    The Top Ten & Winners of aggreagte of Three Tournies score Points, making it Easier for Organisers to run & Score Them!

The is NOT Sky Run, we all committ our Time free, just so ALL Understand

For THREE+ Years, lol, I took Hour+ our of My Precious work time, Every Tuesday to Compile Table, & post Results where neccesary!!  Time sorting issues, disputes is extra & sometimes very painful,!!

I, & Other Key DTD Folks have ALL Backed Jons New Idea!!

He asked me Originally, to consider Changing My Old DTD Team Format to it!!
    In fact I liked i so Much I asked Him if he would like to Run it for me in October!!  HE SAID YES!!!

So a New Chapter in The DTD Team History has Begun, I wish Jon Well, and if all Goes well in October, hope he considers to take it on Full in Months after!  I, with others will remain in background if needed to help!!

Lets GIVE THIS FRESH IDEA A GOOD START GL ALL!!

& GL Nuggy, Am Glad Jons Idea has got you interested!

If Honest, My Original Structure, based for 2 Teams & 20 Players originally, in May 2011, looks a bit Old-Fashioned & Un-Poker-Like Now, compared to Jons fresh New idea!!

We Move On!!
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited October 2014
    i'm sorry but it's not clear what is changing and what is staying the same.

is the idea that your finishes in all 3 now count for the weekly prizes based on the new scoring system instead of the best 2 using the original technique?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    and the new scoring system makes sense, but why not just use Slipwater's algorithm from the bragboard. this is already tried and tested and has community approval. 
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    edited October 2014
    and the new scoring system makes sense, but why not just use Slipwater's algorithm from the bragboard. this is already tried and tested and has community approval. 
    Posted by GELDY
    Divide it through by 2 and it's pretty similar! Field sizes in main and mini are 3/4x larger than we get for DTD so going down to 20 is not necessary.

The only changes are to the allocation of points in the team league, and that these points are summed for a month end position rather than ranking teams each week and using those for month end.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i'm sorry but it's not clear what is changing and what is staying the same. is the idea that your finishes in all 3 now count for the weekly prizes based on the new scoring system instead of the best 2 using the original technique?
    Posted by GELDY
    Sry Geldy, Best aggregate 2 results of 3, as before!

Jons post explains all & is set for next Month!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Importantly Michaels DTD Individual League, The Original IS NOT CHANGING AT ALL!!

Thats HIS perrogative!

All this Thread is ONLY for changes to MY Old Team League, that I started for the Community, which now we impove after input from Michael DTW & Others!

Jons Planned Structure has been agreed for October & set!

I am SURE it will be Great!!
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2014
    I think it's probably important to stress......

These changes only effect the Team League Points Run by RV & Co & NOT the points scoring system already in place for the Monday Forum DTD which is run by Michael & is a seperate entity based on your best 2 scores from 3.

Forum DTD League is - Best 2 scores from 3 + the Monthly

DTD Team League - will be the new system posted by J3ono

Hope thats correct?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    such clarity
    trev ain't our capo for nothing. 
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i'm sorry but it's not clear what is changing and what is staying the same. is the idea that your finishes in all 3 now count for the weekly prizes based on the new scoring system instead of the best 2 using the original technique?
    Posted by GELDY
    Hi mate, 

It seems quite clear on my post

My 4 point plan to come in from effect of next Monday 6th October.
    1. More top heavy points allocation using the top10 as before. 

Cheers 
    Jon
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Thanks David and Mike for the other replies.

Jon
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think it's probably important to stress...... These changes only effect the Team League Points Run by RV & Co & NOT the points scoring system already in place for the Monday Forum DTD which is run by Michael & is a seperate entity based on your best 2 scores from 3. Forum DTD League is - Best 2 scores from 3 + the Monthly DTD Team League - will be the new system posted by J3ono Hope thats correct?
    Posted by POKERTREV

Hi Trev

Something like that, an old system but re banded lol 
    Making more of a comp.

Jon
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It's maybe a little top heavy?