You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My last game

major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Im in the 8 oclock b/h, it will be my last for a while as ive been playing really badly and havent had any luck either.
Variences, someone mentioned will put it right if youre playing well but i cant blame it on that so unless i play well thats it.
Will post on here later to let you know.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    edited January 2010

Good Luck Mr Major Sir!
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    GL Major!
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2010
    Good luck Major
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2010
    hope you win :)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    edited January 2010
    Hi major...if this is your last game you will not be needing all them chips you have @ the 1st break.
    I think you should just donate them to the nearest small stack sat at your table   :)))

Good luck mate.......focus!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: My last game:
    Hi major...if this is your last game you will not be needing all them chips you have @ the 1st break. I think you should just donate them to the nearest small stack sat at your table   :))) Good luck mate.......focus!!!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    lol Maxally, not a chance, i want to keep em
    Thanks all, doing ok
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited January 2010
    is there such thing as variance in 1 game lol i was playing well and hitting good cards in the deepstack, then after the break i was getting outdrawn left right and centre lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    is there such thing as variance in 1 game lol i was playing well and hitting good cards in the deepstack, then after the break i was getting outdrawn left right and centre lol
    Posted by hurst05
    Thats Poker my friend
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Must post on here more often,,playing well and in top 5 2nd break
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Posted by major1962
    Keep it going!
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited January 2010
    Posted by major1962
    i made it to top 50 in the BH tonight, got unlucky in a few hands to the same player, gl
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2010
    Just checked the lobby and with 21 left the Major is 1st:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, with Gav's luck he should go on to win it.
    AK v QJ all in to take the short stacs bounty, he hit JJ,then a couple og hands later
    99 v 88 he raised 24k i called 478? hit the flop, i have the overpair,, im all out.
    Still, i came 13th and took about 6 bounties so profitable evening but again sickener cards to go out from 1st with 150k
    Anyone have any ideas cause it happens all the time?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, with Gav's luck he should go on to win it. AK v QJ all in to take the short stacs bounty, he hit JJ,then a couple og hands later 99 v 88 he raised 24k i called 478? hit the flop, i have the overpair,, im all out. Still, i came 13th and took about 6 bounties so profitable evening but again sickener cards to go out from 1st with 150k Anyone have any ideas cause it happens all the time?
    Posted by major1962
    Unlucky Major.

It does not happen "all the time", that's just your mind playing tricks I'm afraid. 8-8 beats 9-9 about 1 time in 4 or 5. That's factual, not opinion.

Variance is a brutal thing though, & unless you learn how it works, & can live with it, you will be getting less pleasure & satisfaction from poker than you should.

Over time, the maths always work out right. So just keep getting your money in good, & over time you'll be OK. 

You made a profit, tonight, yes? So that's good. Glass half full, not glass half-empty!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: My last game : Unlucky Major. It does not happen "all the time", that's just your mind playing tricks I'm afraid. 8-8 beats 9-9 about 1 time in 4 or 5. That's factual, not opinion. Variance is a brutal thing though, & unless you learn how it works, & can live with it, you will be getting less pleasure & satisfaction from poker than you should. Over time, the maths always work out right. So just keep getting your money in good, & over time you'll be OK.  You made a profit, tonight, yes? So that's good. Glass half full, not glass half-empty!
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanksfor taking the time to post TK
    I can live with variance, i totally understand it.
    Ive been playing badly, recognised it and i guess needed to post on here to stop myself from chasing, overbetting, bluffing too much, and not letting go of hands.
    The response from the community here has helped.
    Thanks everyone, you helped me play better. (tonight) :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: My last game : Thanksfor taking the time to post TK I can live with variance, i totally understand it. Ive been playing badly, recognised it and i guess needed to post on here to stop myself from chasing, overbetting, bluffing too much, and not letting go of hands. The response from the community here has helped. Thanks everyone, you helped me play better. (tonight) :)
    Posted by major1962
    Major1962 = Top Bloke. Good Luck bud.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Welldone Major 13th nice result, goodluck in the future dude and keep your head up!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just an addition,
    since my last post, ive cashed twice more, once in the tuesday 8pm and last night in the 1.5k b/h.
    Havent final tabled yet, but thanks to all your support im playing better (even though im still donking now and again)
    Ive been in court all afternoon so missed a sat' for the b/h so ive had to pay the full price!! woe is me! lol
    Heres hoping to a good game with no silly "moves".
    Good luck all and thanks again.
    p.s., i hope tk doesnt put me off with his quips as i will be watching........
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well, 30 mins without a hand, get AK and  go out to K 10, lol. oh well
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited January 2010
    UL mate, was on your tabel last night when you went out, someone got a nice bounty for knocking you out i beleive.

I also missed the Sats so just played a few 100gtd and now in the 1k, rather than pay the full price for that tourny, working out so far :) gl mate hopefully will see you around