You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS

AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

In order to isolate my poker budget i have decided to get a pre-loaded debit card. I got a visa one from 02 and when it arrived it said in the information of use that i could not use it on any gambling site.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a deceent one out there that i can use on Sky poker that i can load up at a pay point preferably that puts your balance on the same day.

Thank you very much all

Comments

• Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    In Response to PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS:
    In order to isolate my poker budget i have decided to get a pre-loaded debit card. I got a visa one from 02 and when it arrived it said in the information of use that i could not use it on any gambling site. Can anyone please tell me if there is a deceent one out there that i can use on Sky poker that i can load up at a pay point preferably that puts your balance on the same day. Thank you very much all
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Is it the issuer that does not let you use it or is it that gambling sites do not except them.dav
  • Options
    sara36dd08sara36dd08 Member Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS:
    In Response to PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : Is it the issuer that does not let you use it or is it that gambling sites do not except them.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    hi
    i use prime card
    can get them from any shop
    hope this helps
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,109
    edited January 2010
    the talksport card ive used it on here and other sites for the last 2 years plus if you have to go out to top it up it gives you time to sometimes calm down a bit after all the bad beats your gonna get haha.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    A mate of mine uses the talksport one on here too.  Seems a good thing to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the talksport card ive used it on here and other sites for the last 2 years plus if you have to go out to top it up it gives you time to sometimes calm down a bit after all the bad beats your gonna get haha.
    Posted by lucy4
    LOL THANKS A LOT LUCY
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : Is it the issuer that does not let you use it or is it that gambling sites do not except them.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    SKY GIVE AN OPTION TO USE A PREPAY CARD WHICH I THINK IS A FAB IDEA BUT MY STUPID CARD WONT ALLOW IT FOR SOME REASON.

HAVE GIVEN IT TO OUR LASS NOW WITH 30 QUID ON IT LOL
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Posted by lucy4
    DOES IT TOP UP AS SOON AS ITS SWIPED AND DO YOU TOP UP AT PAY POINTS AT OFFIES AND SUPERMARKETS AND STUFF?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A mate of mine uses the talksport one on here too.  Seems a good thing to do.
    Posted by scotty77
    CHEERS  MATE TA. ITS DEFO THE BEST THING FOR ME . IT IS TOTAL CONTROL OF MY POKER MONEY AND IT DOESNT INTERFERE WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARDS.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : hi i use prime card can get them from any shop hope this helps
    Posted by sara36dd08
    THANKS VERY MUCH SARA
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : CHEERS  MATE TA. ITS DEFO THE BEST THING FOR ME . IT IS TOTAL CONTROL OF MY POKER MONEY AND IT DOESNT INTERFERE WITH MY BANK ACCOUNT OR CREDIT CARDS.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    yes.  plus some banks flag any deposits to 'gambling' sites, i know citibank do.  so so wrong.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : yes.  plus some banks flag any deposits to 'gambling' sites, i know citibank do.  so so wrong.
    Posted by scotty77
    OOO NAUGHTY, I DIDNT KNOW THAT

I AM WITH HSBC. IF THEY DO IT TO ME THEN MY ACCONT READOUT WILL LOOK LIKE A 50 PIN GOLF COURSE LOL.

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,109
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : DOES IT TOP UP AS SOON AS ITS SWIPED AND DO YOU TOP UP AT PAY POINTS AT OFFIES AND SUPERMARKETS AND STUFF?
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    paypoints load the money quickest usually within half hour the card issuer charges 3% of load or minimum £1 or post office charges flat rate of 75p no matter how much you load but that usually takes a day for loads to clear. they are a good idea to keep your poker monies seperate hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : paypoints load the money quickest usually within half hour the card issuer charges 3% of load or minimum £1 or post office charges flat rate of 75p no matter how much you load but that usually takes a day for loads to clear. they are a good idea to keep your poker monies seperate hope this helps.
    Posted by lucy4
    ta very much
  • Options
    hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
    edited January 2010
    In Response to PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS:
    In order to isolate my poker budget i have decided to get a pre-loaded debit card. I got a visa one from 02 and when it arrived it said in the information of use that i could not use it on any gambling site. Can anyone please tell me if there is a deceent one out there that i can use on Sky poker that i can load up at a pay point preferably that puts your balance on the same day. Thank you very much all
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    why not just nip along to nat west ..open nup a basic step account, pay ure money in, transfer and withdraw easy to this site and dont pay the ridiculous annual fees that most prepay cards charge..simple!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to PRE - LOADED DEBIT CARDS : why not just nip along to nat west ..open nup a basic step account, pay ure money in, transfer and withdraw easy to this site and dont pay the ridiculous annual fees that most prepay cards charge..simple!
    Posted by hogan2089
    Have ordered one now but thank you.

It costs me a quid or so to load it which i can do 24 hours a day 365 days a year instead of in banking hours which was part of the reason for doing it. Even if i get cleaned out at 2 in the morning i can nip to the garage and be back playing within 30 mins. Also there are no monthly fees whatsoever.

Fingers crossed its sorted. Thanks very much to everyone.

Incidently, i got a 'bread' card. seemed the best value. It costs £7.50 and i can get extra cards for my lads or the missus for the same price.