You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

NL10 Mastercash Table - Call or Fold

SilentChivSilentChiv Member Posts: 81
edited November 2014 in Strategy

Is this a call or a fold on turn?

Looking back I think I played this terribly tbh, Think I should of Jammed on villians 4bet or fold & on the flop it's either all in or fold I think.

Thoughts please.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceVillianSmall blind £0.05£0.05£23.06aaaBig blind £0.10£0.15£14.90 Your hole cardsQQ   cccFold    dddFold    eeeRaise £0.30£0.45£12.98SilentChivRaise £0.80£1.25£17.50VillianRaise £2.55£3.80£20.51aaaFold    eeeFold    SilentChivCall £1.80£5.60£15.70Flop  64J   VillianBet £4.20£9.80£16.31SilentChivCall £4.20£14.00£11.50Turn  9   VillianBet £11.80£25.80£4.51SilentChivFold   

Comments

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited November 2014

Really need reads/history/notes for a hand like this.

In a vacuum, not sure many barrel AK/air here at this level. Think calling flop is fine. Lean towards folding turn unless you are privy to some information you haven't let on ;)

• SilentChivSilentChiv Member Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    Never played with villain before and hadn't been at the table that long. Think it might have been AK(clubs), AA or KK don't think he would play Js this strong
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited November 2014
    This wasn't while I was briefly sat next to you at MC yesterday was it?  If so, I definitely had QQ beat...

Not sure I always fold in your spot (readless), but I think you played the hand as well as you could.  Unless it was a maniac, people's cold 4-bet range at NL10 (esp. OOP) is very tiny... with bluffs hardly ever featuring... so if it's narrowed to AK, JJ+ and perhaps AQs/TT, QQ is behind a lot of the time (not that I always find the fold button here!!)

FWIW I'm unconvinced that jamming 200bb with QQ is particularly great at these levels - unless it's a known aggro or maniac player then you'll see AA/KK/AK so frequently if called or fold out the AQ/JJ type hands we crush.

At the same time you can't really fold pre - if you hit a Q high flop you're almost certainly getting a double-up and (as played) calling one bet in position is fine when the majority of oppos won't often barrel AK here so you could take the pot down if its checked to you on the turn.

Horrible spots though - and good fold.
  • SilentChivSilentChiv Member Posts: 81
    edited November 2014
    In Response to Re: NL10 Mastercash Table - Call or Fold:
    This wasn't while I was briefly sat next to you at MC yesterday was it?  If so, I definitely had QQ beat... Not sure I always fold in your spot (readless), but I think you played the hand as well as you could.  Unless it was a maniac, people's cold 4-bet range at NL10 (esp. OOP) is very tiny... with bluffs hardly ever featuring... so if it's narrowed to AK, JJ+ and perhaps AQs/TT, QQ is behind a lot of the time (not that I always find the fold button here!!) FWIW I'm unconvinced that jamming 200bb with QQ is particularly great at these levels - unless it's a known aggro or maniac player then you'll see AA/KK/AK so frequently if called or fold out the AQ/JJ type hands we crush. At the same time you can't really fold pre - if you hit a Q high flop you're almost certainly getting a double-up and (as played) calling one bet in position is fine when the majority of oppos won't often barrel AK here so you could take the pot down if its checked to you on the turn. Horrible spots though - and good fold.
    Posted by shakinaces
    It was at the same time but on a different table.

I played it cautious as like you say players don't often 4 bet OOP with nothing.

Another option may have been min 5 betting and then if villian jams it's either As or Ks

• F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited November 2014
    Don't 5bet/fold for information with queens.

As played - kinda feels like your flop call was a waste of money. If I'm calling a bet of this size on the flop I'm planning on calling on a safe turn like this. It's sort of "Pretty sure I'm ahead but it's probably not much equity wise so I'd rather get it in on the turn when my equity goes up massively"

So yeah I think I would either fold flop or call turn. Were the flop bet smaller then I think it's more fine to call flop but fold turn. I'd need a read that villain c-bets big a lot but then gives up OTT for me to play it the way you did. Pre-flop I think you played it fine. 5-bet GII prob a small mistake against most villains. Can't fold w/o very strong reads and even then most of the time we can play for hand value with set mine potential.