You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Comments please

HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
edited December 2014 in Strategy

Small blind £0.02£0.02£3.04
HENDRIK62Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.15
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

badcawlFold    
hawaianFold    
player ACall £0.04£0.10£9.61
mum1Call £0.02£0.12£3.02
HENDRIK62Raise £0.16£0.28£2.99
Player ACall £0.16£0.44£9.45
mum1Fold    
Flop

HENDRIK62Bet £0.33£0.77£2.66
Player ARaise £0.66£1.43£8.79
What do you think peeps, oppo likes to play suited cards and connectors, what do you feel is the potential range and how should I proceed?
Comments also please on my raise sizing, enough, too low etc.?

Comments

• CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited December 2014
    In position then your sizing is OK but we can go bigger. OOP like here you HAVE to go bigger. Reason is we only really want one caller and it will make our decisions easier post flop.  Why? Because our stacks will be shallower in relation to the pot so we can decide earlier weather we will be happy to play for stacks. The deeper you are, the stronger your hand needs to be at showdown.

As played I think we should just call. Keep in all his weak hands and draws and maybe just call him down unless he either slows down or board runs out bad.

Min reraises can be strong, i.e. a 6 but we do beat a lot of hands he could be doing this with. Bluffs, worse PP's, draws and even a 3. 
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    edited December 2014
    Hi Craig

Thanks a lot for your comments, they all make complete sense and the way the hand played out verifies everything you said.

Oppo defended blinds with 96, unlikely to do so if I had made a bigger raise. Your call down line would be ideal, and give me the chance to lose the least as played. (which of course is not how I proceeded ;-) Please see other post and reference to not believing.....)

Thanks again really appreciated.

Neil
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited December 2014
    No worries. It obviously sucks when they do have that random 6 but by raising bigger we charge them more so when they DO miss we get that extra value.

Also by just pot controlling we will be getting more information on the turn and river.
  • reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Comments please:
    Hi Craig Thanks a lot for your comments, they all make complete sense and the way the hand played out verifies everything you said. Oppo defended blinds with 96, unlikely to do so if I had made a bigger raise. Your call down line would be ideal, and give me the chance to lose the least as played. (which of course is not how I proceeded ;-) Please see other post and reference to not believing.....) Thanks again really appreciated. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    the player who called your 14p raise thought its only 16 p why not. thats the sort of rubbish your up against on that levels m8 i would have bet 50 p but that prob would have made him still call . in the long run you win. some one might have aq and decide to shove you this works more often than not . aa dont mess with them get them in pre m8 if u only win blinds so be it rther win blinds than lose my whole stack to a chancer
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: Comments please:
    In Response to Re: Comments please : the player who called your 14p raise thought its only 16 p why not. thats the sort of rubbish your up against on that levels m8 i would have bet 50 p but that prob would have made him still call . in the long run you win. some one might have aq and decide to shove you this works more often than not . aa dont mess with them get them in pre m8 if u only win blinds so be it rther win blinds than lose my whole stack to a chancer
    Posted by reeler
    Please ignore this Jimi!