You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Royal Flush? 2 in a row...

DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
£40 guaranteed table 9 at 0920 this morning...back to back royal flushes

Comments

• mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Royal Flush? 2 in a row...:
    £40 guaranteed table 9 at 0920 this morning...back to back royal flush draws
    Posted by Draig
    wow, one is rare(ive never seen one on any table ive been on), but 2 back to back.
    The odds of that must be astronomical
    col
  • dowzerdowzer Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    Actual royal flushes or just draws? The title says one thing but the post implies another
  • DraigDraig Member Posts: 231
    edited July 2009
    Actual Royal flushes not draws..back to back. I have seen a few over the years, even had one myself, but 2 of them back to back...odds on that?

I tidied the post up to be clearer.
    edited July 2009
    1 in 700,000 for one Royal Flush so the odds of two full stop let alone back to back are extreme - I dont even know how to begin working it out!
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they will show them on TV sometime, then you can all watch me lose a bundle of chips to one of them :)
  • kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited July 2009
    700000 to 1 squared

so pretty astronomical! Put it this way you'd wish you stuck a pound on it!
    edited July 2009
    Thats the problem with a straight/royal flush - its so hard to get paid with it unless someone else gets a monster.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    CARD RACKS!!!!! gotta hate em :-)
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Royal Flush? 2 in a row...:
    £40 guaranteed table 9 at 0920 this morning...back to back royal flushes
    Posted by Draig
    Were you playing Deuces, one-eyed-jacks and red sevens wild?

Ahhh - wild cards. They take me back to some dodgy games played in pubs.
    edited July 2009
    LOL

Nah just a regular cheap MTT early morning with a coffee. Was unreal. The guy who had the first said it was the first one he had ever had, and we were all sayng "well done" stuff like that, then the short stack went all in and me and another guy called him I had a rag A, just to knock him out. I figured on a split pot between me and the other guy when the cards came down...turns out the all in guy tripled up with another Royal...was unreal!!

Would love someone to work out what the odds of it are for back to back Royals..must be millions to one?
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited July 2009
    If it's 700,000/1 for 1...

It's 490,001,400,000/1 for 2 in a row -

That's Four Hundred and Ninety BILLION, One Million and Four Hundred thousand to one.

Think of it this way, there may only be a few people in the World to have ever had 2 Royal Flushes in a row.
    edited July 2009
    WOW

Hope they show it on TV, it must be close to a first. Glad I was there to see it!! (even if I did lose chips)