You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED

AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Before this is removed i would like to make a statement to everone on this site.

The caption comp has 2 snowmen sitting watching football in a stadium. I put a caption remarking that they might have 'overdone it' using a certain substance.

This caption was removed and it was made clear that i was being abusive.

politically incorrect, bad taste, not funny, perhaps but i just want to say i was not abusive towards anyone on this site and that no one could possibly feel 'abused' by my caption.

I am furious and have complained very strongly asking whoever to remove it as will not accept being misrepresented in this way. It is absolutely laughable and PATHETIC !!!!!!!!

Cheers everyone !

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Also i was stopped from writing the four letter word commonly used to describe the opposite to heaven the other day  and was told to replace the word with something else. Try it, it honestly won't let you write it. But a child of 2 can say it in front of a nun!

I DON'T think that you should write what you want but who makes this up? Who sets the rules?

IT IS MINDBLOWINGLY PATHETIC

Rant over
  • Options
    POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2010
    I wouldn't worry about it too much mate, wont be the last time you have something deleted off here,  I had a joke deleted earlier. I agree its abit over the top sometimes but thats just the rules we have to follow I suppose.
  • Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited January 2010
    Just as a gentle aside, earlier on, I was unable to write the well-known brand name of a chocolate covered biscuit with an orange jelly centre. 

I'm intrigued: Is this so as to avoid advertising, or is it linked to the Only Fools And Horses terminology for 'he that can only fire blanks?'

I'm only asking because if it's the former reason, next weeks blog may contain references to a household detergent, and I'll need plenty of time to reconstruct the sentence properly.
  • Options
    POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : Cheers mate. Honestly couldn't give a running **** at a rolling doughnut that they took it off. I just wish they would have said nothing or put that it was bad taste or offensive at worst but abusive, well harsh. I dont want forum users to think i am 'abusive' thats why i am mad.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Yeah I see where your coming from. 

Going back to them deleting things.  I will say in Skys defence that I've been on forums that are not so strict and some that anything goes, and although their a better laugh,  It does get a bit silly somtimes with arguments etc..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED:
      Hi Air walker  you are not the first or will you be the last to have posts deleted. Bennydip2 walks the tight rope every post.  I had,  what I thought,  was a perfectly reasonable joke deleted. After reflection it was near the mark but Skys mark was nearer and for a reason.  There has to be a point that is not reasonable or acceptable  
    Posted by logdon
    Once again, let me make this absolutely clear, I truly accept that my post was removed as a drugs orientated joke but using your descriptions above for the the reason to remove it would have resulted in me not even starting this thread at all or complaining in the slightest. It is the implying that i was being abusive on this forum that i am upset about.

I was not in any way whatsoever abusive. I would be very upset if the forum was abandoned or if i was kicked off it. Everyone offends someone or another sometimes either by accident or on purpose but to be abusive is bad and i was not.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : Once again, let me make this absolutely clear, I truly accept that my post was removed as a drugs orientated joke but using your descriptions above for the the reason to remove it would have resulted in me not even starting this thread at all or complaining in the slightest. It is the implying that i was being abusive on this forum that i am upset about. I was not in any way whatsoever abusive . I would be very upset if the forum was abandoned or if i was kicked off it. Everyone offends someone or another sometimes either by accident or on purpose but to be abusive is bad and i was not.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Hey Air,

Is it possible you may have received a generic reply that goes out to everyone who has a post removed? or was the reply specifically tailored to you? Usually (like a bank letter)  replies like this are automatic with the name etc changed only...

Do you feel any better now you've had a mini rant on here? or shall I go on a ranting rampage on your behalf lol

x

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited January 2010
    At least you guys have had the time to get on the forum! I have missed my addiction these past few weeks... ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
      There is nothing to be gained by continually complaining.

Who is continually complaining? I was falsely accused of being abusive. Why cant i defend myself ? That was the main reason for this thread. I was trying to explain to people who know me and don't that i am not abusive. Something incidentally i would not have had to do if i had not been ludicrously called it in the first place.

Of course i will move on. I wont be dwelling on it.

If i pubically get called anything that's not right a million times then i will tell whoever it is where to get off a million times. I wont let anyone get away with it.

With respect and thanks for your posts, if i said that YOU were being abusive when you haven't been i am sure you would give me your opinion about it before you 'moved on'. Thats all i did.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : Hey Air, Is it possible you may have received a generic reply that .................
    Posted by TRIP5
    I have e-mailed Rich about it and if he says that its just a standard thing that they say about removed stuff then fine but still not right. It should perhaps be changed to 'inapropriate' or something for the benefit of everyone because the word abusive has a meaning all of its own. It was a light hearted joke nothing more. Talk about using a sledge hammer to crack a nut jeeeeeez.

P.S. Will let you know when the rampaging has started lol.

cheers trip.
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : I have e-mailed Rich about it and if he says that its just a standard thing that they say about removed stuff then fine but still not right. It should perhaps be changed to 'inapropriate' or something for the benefit of everyone because the word abusive has a meaning all of its own. It was a light hearted joke nothing more. Talk about using a sledge hammer to crack a nut jeeeeeez. P.S. Will let you know when the rampaging has started lol. cheers trip.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Or a planet to squash an avocado...lol

x
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    Also i was stopped from writing the four letter word commonly used to describe the opposite to heaven the other day  and was told to replace the word with something else. Try it, it honestly won't let you write it. But a child of 2 can say it in front of a nun! I DON'T think that you should write what you want but who makes this up? Who sets the rules? IT IS MINDBLOWINGLY PATHETIC Rant over
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Hades works
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010

big 'sky' brother is watching us lol

• Options
    edited January 2010
    What is this all about? Having a word disallowed, so what! Having a caption comp entry disallowed because of a drugs reference, so what! It wasn't made public until the poster made it public. If those are the forum rules then so be it, having a rant won't change things. There are thousands dead and dying in Haiti, soldiers are being brought home every week in body bags and a thousand other things in the world that make throwing your Teddy out of the pram over something like this pathetic. Grow up!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What is this all about? Having a word disallowed, so what! Having a caption comp entry .......................
    Posted by elsadog
    I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT HAVING MY POST TAKEN OFF!!!!!!! IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH.

I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH.

I don't know how many people view the posts but at least 80 people have been on it. That means that a lot of people may have seen in big bold letters that i have been abusive when i have not. Might not have bothered someone as fantastic as you but it annoyed me as it was so needless. As well as saying that its not on, i wanted to clarify that i have not been abusive. Why has this annoyed you?

I didn't think that anyone would even start talking about it. It was my problem.

You have got no right to refer to me as pathetic or childish. I would not have said that to you.

Obviously you and your 'click' feel that you are the only people who have the right or intelligence to post comments on the forum.

In future i suggest that you don't just go around insulting people. Using the dead people in Tahiti to make your point. And you have the nerve to call me childish and pathetic.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re Using the dead people in Tahiti to make your point. And you have the nerve to call me childish and pathetic.
    Posted by AIRWALKER

Sorry i mean HAITI.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

If i had known how pratted off other people were going to be about something that didn't even happen to them i wouldn't have bothered even trying to set the record straight for myself.

I sent an e-mail to trip5 hours ago saying that i didn't want to post anything else because i was appearing to be carryin on moaning and i didn't want to. Some people wern't getting the point of what i was saying. I just wanted to write what i wrote and clear off jeeez.

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    Hi Airwalker,

i'm really sorry to hear you took this badly and feel upset over the matter.

let me clear things up for you...

firstly posts that break our house rules (viewable here) will be removed.

secondly the severity of the post will determine the severity of our moderation action (post removed, warnings, bans etc)

your blog comment was (rightly) reported for for being unacceptable and inappropriate for this community. when blog comments are reported and taken down by our system you will see the message you have queried. it is an automatic response designed to inform users that we are keeping an eye over blog comments and unacceptable ones will not be tolerated.

i see your point that 'abusive' may have been the wrong term in this instance and i'll re-look at how the automatic responses are worded.

so again i apologise that you were upset by the matter but i hope you understand that your comment broke the house rules and was not suitable for this community.

all the best,

Rich
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT HAVING MY POST TAKEN OFF!!!!!!! IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH. I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH. I don't know how many people view the posts but at least 80 people have been on it. That means that a lot of people may have seen in big bold letters that i have been abusive when i have not. Might not have bothered someone as fantastic as you but it annoyed me as it was so needless. As well as saying that its not on, i wanted to clarify that i have not been abusive. Why has this annoyed you? I didn't think that anyone would even start talking about it. It was my problem. You have got no right to refer to me as pathetic or childish. I would not have said that to you. Obviously you and your 'click' feel that you are the only people who have the right or intelligence to post comments on the forum. In future i suggest that you don't just go around insulting people. Using the dead people in Tahiti to make your point. And you have the nerve to call me childish and pathetic.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Airwalker, I can see your point (all the points you have made) and I sympathise with you. I have also seen Sky Rich's response and it appears that you did receive a standard response and the wording of that response is not ideal in your case but Sky Rich is going to review that for the future. So, "calm down, calm down"! Nobody thinks you're abusive. You're always going to get people posting replies that disagree with you. That's the nature of a forum. Don't worry about it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: ABUSE????.......MORE LIKE ABUSED : I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT HAVING MY POST TAKEN OFF!!!!!!! IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH. I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IS THIS CLEAR ENOUGH. I don't know how many people view the posts but at least 80 people have been on it. That means that a lot of people may have seen in big bold letters that i have been abusive when i have not. Might not have bothered someone as fantastic as you but it annoyed me as it was so needless. As well as saying that its not on, i wanted to clarify that i have not been abusive. Why has this annoyed you? I didn't think that anyone would even start talking about it. It was my problem. You have got no right to refer to me as pathetic or childish. I would not have said that to you. Obviously you and your 'click' feel that you are the only people who have the right or intelligence to post comments on the forum. In future i suggest that you don't just go around insulting people. Using the dead people in Tahiti to make your point. And you have the nerve to call me childish and pathetic.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    You are complaining, Nobody was aware of this until you posted it. This was something between you and the Sky mods but you wanted to rant over it in public. Nobody here has called you abusive. So pick your Teddy up and try to get over it.
  • Options
    tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
    edited January 2010
    Isn't over zealous vigilance better than none? 
     At another site I have campaigned against certain words that are not filtered effectively - such as being called a ****** ( the filter wont let me write it, lol).  Skypoker is a verbally clean and non-abusive site which makes it far more pleasant to use. Its always a difficult balance but we are here to enjoy poker not be rude and offensive and I would rather they overdid it than not bother.

ld like to make a statement to everone on this site. The caption comp has 2 snowmen sitting watching football in a stadium. I put a caption remarking that they might have 'overdone it' using a certain substance. This caption was removed and it was made clear that i was being abusive. politically incorrect, bad taste, not funny, perhaps but i just want to say i was not abusive towards anyone on this site and that no one could possibly feel 'abused' by my caption. I am furious and have complained very strongly asking whoever to remove it as will not accept being misrepresented in this way. It is absolutely laughable and PATHETIC !!!!!!!! Cheers everyone !
    Posted by AIRWALKER