You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

50 aces

MAZERAIDERMAZERAIDER Member Posts: 72
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi poker players, is there really 50 aces in a pack of cards or is it just me, you sit down to a good game of poker , run deep in the torny and then it happens, you get delt a pair of kings dont they just look great you make a good raise then as it gos round the table fold, fold,fold until someone rerasies you,you think aces no cant be, just one player  must have a big pair 10s or jacks,you think i have kings, against just i player pre flop got to go with it, if i dont call with kings against one player what would i go with , so your all in they turn over ace rag (4 or a 5) O M G please no ace and you always say it out loud, i dont no why you just do ,anyway flop comes no ace, no ace, no ace,thank god for that, still saying no ace out loud, then the turn still no ace great ,then it all goes into slow motion,your still saying please no ace (OUT LOUD) then the river, AN ACE, you cannot understand what has happened, you sit stund, daised, and just ask the poker gods why is there 50 aces in this pack of cards, of all the card it had to be an ace, you sit back and smile and say to yourself, nextime, nextime its my turn. have fun playing

Comments

• Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited January 2010
    lol true, but i just love the ace magnets
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    I think that this thread should be titled "45 aces".     :-)
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010

you are correct... 50 aces in a standard deck of cards and 2 jokers... i had 7 aces but got beat by quad jokers the other night :( dont know how that even happened

• Options
    POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
    edited January 2010
    In Response to 50 aces:
    Hi poker players, is there really 50 aces in a pack of cards or is it just me, you sit down to a good game of poker , run deep in the torny and then it happens, you get delt a pair of kings dont they just look great you make a good raise then as it gos round the table fold, fold,fold until someone rerasies you,you think aces no cant be, just one player  must have a big pair 10s or jacks,you think i have kings, against just i player pre flop got to go with it, if i dont call with kings against one player what would i go with , so your all in they turn over ace rag (4 or a 5) O M G please no ace and you always say it out loud, i dont no why you just do ,anyway flop comes no ace, no ace, no ace,thank god for that, still saying no ace out loud, then the turn still no ace great ,then it all goes into slow motion,your still saying please no ace (OUT LOUD) then the river, AN ACE, you cannot understand what has happened, you sit stund, daised, and just ask the poker gods why is there 50 aces in this pack of cards, of all the card it had to be an ace, you sit back and smile and say to yourself, nextime, nextime its my turn. have fun playing
    Posted by MAZERAIDER
    Ha ha I know the feeling mate, only play small stakes thank goodness and have decided to start playing cash this year, on a 2/4p table yesterday I had aces 3 times, kings  2 times queens 2 times and 10's once in a hour and half spell.  The only hand that held up was aces once. I was playing tight and raising x4/5 with all the hands.  I flopped 8 high with my tens, and lost to trips,  lost £7 all together (which is about 1/6 of my BR.   I bought in or £4 y.day then reloaded another 4 lost them then reloaded 3.  I managed to build that up  to £9.20 by playing (TK LOOK AWAY NOW) ace rag and Q 10+  was only 80p from breaking even then, was thinking about leaving I got dealt a KK ended up all in on the flop and lost 5 quid against A high.  Had my Kings beaten by AK early this morning and decided to give up.   
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    lol, but seriously, when all in pre flop it doesnt matter weather its the river card thats the ace or the 1st card, it just feels worse because you have the chips snatched away from you at the last minute. Sometimes its better to not commit your whole stack pre flop with KK, unless your short stacked, then if the flop does not include an ace then get the rest in!!.