You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

HOW MANY TIMES

hogan2089hogan2089 Member Posts: 169
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Do you have to lose your money, because the sky software is so  screwy...entered the 7k double stack, table wudnt open, rang customer service, same old nonsense.....welll heres the thing, this laptop is 2 days old, high spec , all the latest flash player etc, and she starts to tell me to clear my cache, update my flash player etc.....sky do u not realise we;re sick of it?...i play on 6 other sites with no probs at all!!!
yea ok i got my stake refunded , but it aint the point ...im a moderate spender on this site , but if a manager doesnt ring me back in the next 24 hrs , that will change very quick!
The question is sky , how many times  do people have to complain, before you finally get your technical act together , like most other sites have.
And if a suits reading this , it would be nice to have a manager ring me !

Comments

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    In Response to HOW MANY TIMES:
    Do you have to lose your money, because the sky software is so  screwy...entered the 7k double stack, table wudnt open, rang customer service, same old nonsense.....welll heres the thing, this laptop is 2 days old, high spec , all the latest flash player etc, and she starts to tell me to clear my cache, update my flash player etc.....sky do u not realise we;re sick of it?...i play on 6 other sites with no probs at all!!! yea ok i got my stake refunded , but it aint the point ...im a moderate spender on this site , but if a manager doesnt ring me back in the next 24 hrs , that will change very quick! The question is sky , how many times  do people have to complain, before you finally get your technical act together , like most other sites have. And if a suits reading this , it would be nice to have a manager ring me !
    Posted by hogan2089
    dude there is a download coming out soon so hopefully the software will improve.
    you got a refund though so all good right?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES:
    In Response to HOW MANY TIMES : dude there is a download coming out soon so hopefully the software will improve. you got a refund though so all good right?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    yes dude but , the downloads been coming since noah entered the ark!
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : yes dude but , the downloads been coming since noah entered the ark!
    Posted by hogan2089
    lol prob a candidate for QUOTE OF THE YEAR.dav
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : lol prob a candidate for QUOTE OF THE YEAR.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    aint it true though..when are we going to get a definitive date from the suits as to when its actually coming?
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : aint it true though..when are we going to get a definitive date from the suits as to when its actually coming?
    Posted by hogan2089
    Ask a member of the "clique" there bound to know.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : Ask a member of the "clique" there bound to know.
    Posted by MADMOO
    so whens it happening then ??   lol
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : so whens it happening then ??   lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    Cant tell you yet, you have got to join :)
  • Options
    NorbitNorbit Member Posts: 490
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : Ask a member of the "clique" there bound to know.
    Posted by MADMOO
    LOL    +1
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2010
    RICH SAID END OF FEBUARY, ALTHOUGH DIDNT SAY WHICH FEBUARY
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : aint it true though..when are we going to get a definitive date from the suits as to when its actually coming?
    Posted by hogan2089
    Probably when it's ready. I work in an industry where every time the IT bods tell us the next upgrade or new install of software is coming on a certain date, it is ALWAYS delayed. You can imagine the uproar if Sky said the downloadable client was ready tomorrow and there were problems with it. My mum said patience is a virtue and all good things come to those who wait.

col
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    I also play on other sites and have no problems with connections to this site, so I must be one of the clique.

Bear your left brest (intentionally misspelled), stand on one leg, and hold an oven ready chicken under your arm Hogan. We'll get back to you regarding membership asap.

It's the only way to stay connected imo.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I also play on other sites and have no problems with connections to this site, so I must be one of the clique. Bear your left brest (intentionally misspelled), stand on one leg, and hold an oven ready chicken under your arm Hogan. We'll get back to you regarding membership asap. It's the only way to stay connected imo.
    Posted by elsadog

omg it must just be me that has periodic problems with the site!!   and of course my 2 day old high spec computer, he says as he thrashes the  bytes out of it with a external harddrive.
    hope my membership gets screwed up  ( i used a turkey deliberately! )
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : omg it must just be me that has periodic problems with the site!!   and of course my 2 day old high spec computer, he says as he thrashes the  bytes out of it with a external harddrive. hope my membership gets screwed up  ( i used a turkey deliberately! )
    Posted by hogan2089

There are many reasons why you may be having problems with your connection. If it was a problem specific to sky then we would ALL have problems, but we don't. There have been a number of posts, some by myself, regarding the problem with slow running and connection, and the reasons for it are many-fold. If you wish you can look through past threads, or, if you wish I and probably others will be happy to help if we can.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : There are many reasons why you may be having problems with your connection. If it was a problem specific to sky then we would ALL have problems, but we don't. There have been a number of posts, some by myself, regarding the problem with slow running and connection, and the reasons for it are many-fold. If you wish you can look through past threads, or, if you wish I and probably others will be happy to help if we can.
    Posted by elsadog[/QUOTE

just because only some of the users have a  problem with sky poker at the same time , doesnt mean that the sky software is not at fault !
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It means that your/their system is struggling to keep pace with it. It may be your provider, or your internet connection, it might even be how far you live from your local exchange. If it was a sky only problem we would all suffer.

I offered help and tried to help you get to the bottom of YOUR problem. I think I'm wasting my time though because going off this and other posts I think you're a wind-up merchant.  
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    WELL---We all know that playing poker on a flash player creates problems for a lot of people--a download is the only answer to these problems,--in my experience, the reliability of this method is awful

Can't wait for the download--- it will change my life!----touch wood !
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    WELL---We all know that playing poker on a flash player creates problems for a lot of people--a download is the only answer to these problems,--in my experience, the reliability of this method is awful   Can't wait for the download--- it will change my life!----touch wood !
    Posted by oynutter
    +1
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : omg it must just be me that has periodic problems with the site!!   and of course my 2 day old high spec computer, he says as he thrashes the  bytes out of it with a external harddrive. hope my membership gets screwed up  ( i used a turkey deliberately! )
    Posted by hogan2089
    Hogan, I have had occasional problems with poor connection and tables loading slowly or even, very occasionally, not at all. The problem is almost certainly a combination of the internet and your local netwrork being impacted by network traffic. The fact that you have a brabd new high spec computer doen't mean that you have a fast and trouble-free internet connection and internal network. The thing with a web native application like sky poker (not a downloadable client) is that there is a lot more data traffic. I would suggest that you can certainly moan that the web native client is not efficient and is more likely to result in data load issues but you cant really say that the fault is Sky's when you have a connection problem, unless you use Sky as your ISp of course.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: HOW MANY TIMES : Hogan, I have had occasional problems with poor connection and tables loading slowly or even, very occasionally, not at all. The problem is almost certainly a combination of the internet and your local netwrork being impacted by network traffic. The fact that you have a brabd new high spec computer doen't mean that you have a fast and trouble-free internet connection and internal network. The thing with a web native application like sky poker (not a downloadable client) is that there is a lot more data traffic. I would suggest that you can certainly moan that the web native client is not efficient and is more likely to result in data load issues but you cant really say that the fault is Sky's when you have a connection problem, unless you use Sky as your ISp of course.
    Posted by Seagull158
    I can when its only  sky pokers flash client i have problems with!
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited January 2010

C'mon guys .. lets be honest    how may of you when you get moved tables and  find yourself UTG and you to act .. your lucky  if  you see your cards let alone hit a button (fold call raise)  the software passes you ....
    How many, when the game starts  find themselves  'sat out' with one or two hands already  played ...
    How many times when your  playing do you see others 'sat out' with the red line showing the player  away from the table ...
    How much time do you get to act ?  Lucky if it's 2-5 secs !!
    In tournaments it's not the players  or  the RNG thats beating you, it's the fact that after several faults  with the software, you end up getting your chips in because your afraid your going to  be disconnected ...

The saga of the down loadable site coming soon was told to me at a live APAT  event last March  !!

SKYBET   are launching   NEW software very soon, BUT it's not down loadable, why would they  be doing that IF  a downloadable site was imminent ??  They wouldn't !!
    So  'HOGAN'  is right the software  i s  '~~~T"  but if you all want to keep believing it's coming soon then  carry  on ... NO one from Skypoker will say YES DEFINATLEY !!!!
    All that's said is,  "It's coming soon" ...yea  and even Stevie Wonder can see that...

Truth is  they wont tell the truth, because if they said,
    'Oh we'll carry  on with what we have, and keep adding updates like Omaha and a few bit's and bobs", how many people  do  you think would stay here ?
     There would be a mass Exodus, so ultimately  you just have to keep  the faith !

Lets see if  Des , Rich or TK join this thread and say,
    "People we DEFINATLY HAVE a down-loadable site coming in the next TWO months !!

More Tea Vicar ?