You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

just a tidy little sng....

jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Thought id have a little sng at about 11 last night and went to the lobby and found a nice little 6 seater, tenner buy in.... few regs on there... and have got to say it was a nice litle game...plenty of moves being made,  good laydowns, squeezes 3 betting etc etc.... makes a change to have 6 players who actually play poker instead of shipping it in when they have an Ace.... havent been playing alot on here lately so it was nice to have a good game for once.. cheers

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Is this the one I blew a 7-1 chip lead heads up? sigh. Such a farmiliar story lately!

Was fun though, congrats on your victory - Hope to play with u more.

DOHH

• Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited January 2010
    lol something like that dohhh.... cheers matey look forward to some games in the future... the raise reraise rereraise was good... bit like ivey and jackson few years back lol..... ;-)
  • Options
    tallboytallboy Member Posts: 375
    edited January 2010
    In Response to just a tidy little sng....:
    Thought id have a little sng at about 11 last night and went to the lobby and found a nice little 6 seater, tenner buy in.... few regs on there... and have got to say it was a nice litle game...plenty of moves being made,  good laydowns, squeezes 3 betting etc etc.... makes a change to have 6 players who actually play poker instead of shipping it in when they have an Ace.... havent been playing alot on here lately so it was nice to have a good game for once.. cheers
    Posted by jimbo31
    Have to say it was good fun and good banter from everyone.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2010
    I think this is the game you are reffering to! I thought Dohx7 won, but obv not!

Think we should do this sort of game more often!
    jimbo3190001£45 + 12 League Points
    DOHHHHHHH02£15 + 9 League Points
    J-Hartigan03 
    GREGHOGG04 
    tallboy05 
    dafcno106 
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Did James bubble as he was away on a food break?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Looking at that pay out table again....it seems that coming 2nd isn't really much of a win....15 quid bak for an 11 quid stake? - ....U get more than that in a dym for coming 3rd...

Im all for playing for the win, and wish the main events on here, paid less places, so the top 20/30 win more....but maybe 40/20 in sngs wud be better?

Only saying this coz I came 2nd hahaha Im so bad with a big stack sooo frustrating!!!!!!!!

Surely a big win's gotta come soon, falling in love with tournys haha - never thought id say that.

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Are you still sulking Greg?

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: just a tidy little sng....:
    Looking at that pay out table again....it seems that coming 2nd isn't really much of a win....15 quid bak for an 11 quid stake? - ....U get more than that in a dym for coming 3rd... Im all for playing for the win, and wish the main events on here, paid less places, so the top 20/30 win more....but maybe 40/20 in sngs wud be better? Only saying this coz I came 2nd hahaha Im so bad with a big stack sooo frustrating!!!!!!!! Surely a big win's gotta come soon, falling in love with tournys haha - never thought id say that. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Yes i have always thought that the standard stt payout percentages are too top heavy and also feel that 40/20 would be a better split

Glad you are enjoying tournies more. Funnily enuf i never really liked cash but im getting more and more into it!

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220
    edited January 2010
    Looking at that pay out table again....it seems that coming 2nd isn't really much of a win....15 quid bak for an 11 quid stake? - ....U get more than that in a dym for coming 3rd... Im all for playing for the win, and wish the main events on here, paid less places, so the top 20/30 win more....but maybe 40/20 in sngs wud be better? Only saying this coz I came 2nd hahaha Im so bad with a big stack sooo frustrating!!!!!!!! Surely a big win's gotta come soon, falling in love with tournys haha - never thought id say that. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You have an outstanding ROI in Tourneys & should play more of them. If you could just change gears in the late stages, you'd be totally unbeatable.

lJAMESl used to be exactly like you - he was an extraordinary chip-getter, but always donked off late. He found his "gears", & he's a different player now, & scooped £52,000 a few months back - simply by learning to change Gear. I ache to have that ability to garner a big stack, but the stack I have has to be prised off me, it's nailed to the Table. But it's much tougher to GET a stack, than to keep it. And you can get a stack without trying.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Are you still sulking Greg?
    Posted by tallboy
    Moi? :)

Back to normal now, no more mr grump

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: just a tidy little sng.... : Moi? :) Back to normal now, no more mr grump
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Top man ;-)
  • Options
    ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited January 2010
    Im all for playing for the win, and wish the main events on here, paid less places, so the top 20/30 win more....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1

I think if the pay-out structure was changed to something like this the main events would be a lot better actually, it would mean that if you do cash it would be something decent. Right now if you get into the minor cash places you just about double the buy-in stake which isn't really worth it tbh. Also it would encourage people to play for the win more which is how it should be imo.

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    I think this is the game you are reffering to! I thought Dohx7 won, but obv not! Think we should do this sort of game more often! jimbo31 9000 1 £45 + 12 League Points DOHHHHHHH 0 2 £15 + 9 League Points J-Hartigan 0 3   GREGHOGG 0 4   tallboy 0 5   dafcno1 0 6  
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Seems like a very easy table to me  :o)