You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Flopped 2 pair versus donk bet multiway - what next?

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited March 2015 in Strategy
Think I ballsed this right up.  Happy days if it was a 2 instead of the Q, but a bit of head-scratching ensued.

No reads of note.

To start with - do I fold/call/raise vs the donk bet?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
flintoff22 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £14.36
donk Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £18.34
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

QUIGS_RUGB Fold        
fi33er Fold        
shakinaces Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £19.40
position Call   £0.60 £1.50 £20.65
flintoff22 Fold        
donk Call   £0.40 £1.90 £17.94
Flop

• Q
  • J
  • K

donk Bet   £1.43 £3.33 £16.51
shakinaces

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited February 2015
    Call.

Think raising gets you action when behind or ever so slightly ahead. The only hand we have in a coffin is QJ, but there are many combo of hands that have us in dubious shape. Don't think we can fold on the flop but we should probably exercise some pot control in position.

Also have to factor in the button who is still to act, and probably now has to play quite 'honest' facing this action from 2 people interested in the pot.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited February 2015
    call is the only play.
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited February 2015
    OK - so my flop thinking was pretty much as you wrote H, maybe not as weak/passive as I thought it might have been?

Hand continues and is back on me again... where do we go now?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    flintoff22 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £14.36
    donkBig blind  £0.20 £0.30 £18.34
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • K

QUIGS_RUGB Fold     
    fi33er Fold     
    shakinaces Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.40
    buttonCall  £0.60 £1.50 £20.65
    flintoff22 Fold     
    donkCall  £0.40 £1.90 £17.94
    Flop

• Q
    • J
    • K

donkBet  £1.43 £3.33 £16.51
    shakinaces Call  £1.43 £4.76 £17.97
    buttonRaise  £5.50 £10.26 £15.15
    donkFold     
    shakinaces
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    edited February 2015
    It's tough readless but we need to lean towards a fold here. We're starting to play for stacks and unless we know that the villain is a donk that we know is getting out of line or just simply overplaying top pair, then are we loving our hand getting the lot in?

We're pretty much 50-50 against his range that include all possible weak flush draws on a loosish btn range.

We're 47% against 53% if their holding JJ+, ATs, AQd+, K5s+, Q6d+, JTs, T7d+, ATo, AKo, KTo, QTo, T9o, JTo.

Let's give them some credit though and remove the least likely that he's reraising here but we'll keep a couple of suspect ones just for illustration. Say their holding JJ+, ATs, AQd, KJs+, QTs+, T9s, ATo, KJo+, QJo, we now only have 35% equity against this range and without reads, we fold establish a read and then pick a better spot. If we fold and before our eyes we see two donks getting it in with nonesense, then that is your read and that will potentially be more valuable than the money we folded, not to mention have position on them for the remainder of the game.

The thing that would bother me the most about this hand is why, if he was holding the absolute nuts would he reraise here when he could keep it 3-way on the turn? Would everything else, maybe barring all combo's of 9T and possibly a set also be a call?

• Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,805
    edited February 2015
    Fold for me. Too many hands have us in bad, if not horrible, shape and no card can come that can reasonably give us the best hand and as above poster said, your now playing for stacks. 
  • Options
    bassripperbassripper Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Flopped 2 pair versus donk bet multiway - what next?:
    call is the only play.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Why? Not saying you're wrong just interested. I would probably be trying to get it in here and balls to the variance haha so i'm interested to know why it's a huge leak????