You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

How to work out cash game win rate

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited March 2015 in Strategy

Non-maths geeks - may be best to click the 'back' button now and find another thread to read... sorry for making your waste your time get this far.

I was wondering how easy it would be, in the absence of tracking software, to gauge what my win rate is and how good / bad / indifferent that is (particularly in respect of moving up levels / gauging how much I may be able to grow my bankroll at any given level).

I suppose the questions I need to pose are...

Is an assumption of 85 hands/hour sensible for 6-max? (not sure it's really adjustable for periods of being 4 or 5 handed unless you know a certain table was shorter-handed for almost all of the time you were sat?)

Is there any way of digging out summary data by table from the info Sky show (knowing that I have auto-top-up switched on as standard and tend to have a mix of anything from NL8-NL30 as opposed to playing solely one level)?

Does it seem a reasonable target to think that it would take roughly 4 hours of playing 6 tables to make 1 x BI profit, or is my maths a bit off in estimating this (based on an allowance that rake is accounted for before applying a 5bb/100 hand win rate)?

Not sure there is anything else that needs to be considered, but any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited February 2015
    For my spreadsheet I use 80hands per hour for 6max/Sky. Never gonna be exact, 85 is prob fine too.

It's nigh on impossible to keep track of an accurate bb/100 on Sky if you're playing different levels. I just used to take an average so if I had like 2 tables of 20NL, 4 tables of 30NL and 2 tables of 40NL, I'd just say I was 8tabling 30NL. I'd have no idea how to do it easily anyway, the only methods I could think of would be a nightmare and would end up being a huge waste of your time.

If your winrate is 5bb/100 then you need to play 2000 hands to make 1 BI. so yeah 4hours of 6tabling is about right.
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited February 2015
    Well, if you record all your sessions you can go into HH of each table by clicking on My account > Transactions > Poker > Activity from last 24 hours. It will show you all the cash tables you have played and what you've put in/taken out. Then click on the hand history for each session... Use the Ctr + F on your keyboard and type in something that appears in all the hand histories - eg. 2015 (for the year) is probably easiest. And voila, you have the number of hands you have played on that table :)
  • weedgiweedgi Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2015
    bit simpler   take note of time you start playing and finishing time and anyprofit or losses 
    do it for a decent sample size find out howuch you win per hour???

if different levels record individually

• F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: How to work out cash game win rate:
    bit simpler   take note of time you start playing and finishing time and anyprofit or losses  do it for a decent sample size find out howuch you win per hour??? if different levels record individually
    Posted by weedgi
    Most people like to work in BB won per 100 hands.... and if you're playing more than 1 table and changing tables at different times that's going to be really hard to keep track of.
  • weedgiweedgi Member Posts: 103
    edited February 2015
    yes ,i know ivan i used to grind f tilt put milions hanfds thru tracker ,i understand all the bb/100 stuff i used to be right into it getting a postive red line ect  as time went on and no trackining here its just very simple to log say 40 hrs a week for a few monthe divide by hours thyres your hourlly rate     forget 50 or 80 hands per table per hour 
    just my view on it now saying that im pretty bad at poker and my heads fried from yars off abuse so im not a good example to take advice from  but this is  simaple way   for simple folk like me )  good luk at the tables

• TPTP123TPTP123 Member Posts: 492
    edited March 2015
    Just copy and paste your hand histories into excel, pot, stake, won/loss, date time of hand, etc.  Its pretty easy to work out the basics if you cba to put the time in. 
  • AMYBRAMYBR Member Posts: 3,432
    edited March 2015
    Count money in your pocket after session.  Minus expenses.  Divide profit by hours playes = Hourly win rate :p Easy Peazy
  • kevd644kevd644 Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    fish
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited March 2015
    I am.

Why do you never sit at my tables and take my money?
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: How to work out cash game win rate:
    fish
    Posted by kevd644
    Is this the guy from the other thread about Sharkscope?

Anyone who has scoped him will delight in the irony.
  • simonnatursimonnatur Member Posts: 330
    edited March 2015
    Can anyone explain what is meant by win rate?