You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

AA vs KK - SPlit pot

Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I was railing one of the cash tables for a while last night. lJamesl and Lolufold were both playing. There was a hand where PP AA was up against PP KK and they split the pot (about £200 I think). None of the pocket cards got into the "winning hand". Is that strange or what? What do you think the best hand was?

Comments

• Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    Some sort of straight ?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: AA vs KK - SPlit pot:
    Some sort of straight ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    No. Try again.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    A flush - and neither player had a card of that suit.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    ... or quads and an ace on the board.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

I have no idea!! - But I was guna start a new discussion, which the highrollers cud help me with - so as theyre likely to be reading this, Im guna sneak the question in on here ;) lol

Its about all this software people go on about to track players actions, how often they raise, call, limp 3bet etc...Having started messing about on another site, a big en, Im just wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at for not using this sort of programme. What percentage of the oppo's I play against will be using this sort of thing to get a head start on me? - Just at low stakes cash tables, maybe $.25/50 for example...

Am I behind before Ive even started here for being stubborn and not using these programmes?

Cheerz 4 any help - What was the hand then? a board of 4, 4, 4, 4 ace? lol

DOHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A flush - and neither player had a card of that suit.
    Posted by MereNovice
    You are correct. It was a jack high club flush. Amazingly, all the chips didnt go in and neither player had a club. Lolu and Jam were not involved iin that hand.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    I have no idea!! - But I was guna start a new discussion, which the highrollers cud help me with - so as theyre likely to be reading this, Im guna sneak the question in on here ;) lol Its about all this software people go on about to track players actions, how often they raise, call, limp 3bet etc...Having started messing about on another site, a big en, Im just wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at for not using this sort of programme. What percentage of the oppo's I play against will be using this sort of thing to get a head start on me? - Just at low stakes cash tables, maybe $.25/50 for example... Am I behind before Ive even started here for being stubborn and not using these programmes? Cheerz 4 any help - What was the hand then? a board of 4, 4, 4, 4 ace? lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'd say if your going to multi table on a site in cash cash games, and that site allows PT3 or HEM then get it. You say you started messing about on another site so you r not adverse to signing up for a new account elsewhere. My advice would be to google something like "free poker tracker when you deposit" and you'll find a bunch of sites that will give you the software free with a deposit !!! that way you get the advantage of it without paying
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2010
    I have no idea!! - But I was guna start a new discussion, which the highrollers cud help me with - so as theyre likely to be reading this, Im guna sneak the question in on here ;) lol Its about all this software people go on about to track players actions, how often they raise, call, limp 3bet etc...Having started messing about on another site, a big en, Im just wondering how much of a disadvantage I am at for not using this sort of programme. What percentage of the oppo's I play against will be using this sort of thing to get a head start on me? - Just at low stakes cash tables, maybe $.25/50 for example... Am I behind before Ive even started here for being stubborn and not using these programmes? Cheerz 4 any help - What was the hand then? a board of 4, 4, 4, 4 ace? lol DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    its not that big of an advantage. A lot of the numbers can be misleading anyway. Its handy if youre 12 tabling or whatever but anything below that and i think i play the same with or without a hud. Saying that though it might help your game to get it and fix your own leaks plus track your sessions better. Plus you get to make nice graphs.

i doubt many players are using one at .25/.50
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: AA vs KK - SPlit pot : its not that big of an advantage. A lot of the numbers can be misleading anyway. Its handy if youre 12 tabling or whatever but anything below that and i think i play the same with or without a hud. Saying that though it might help your game to get it and fix your own leaks plus track your sessions better. Plus you get to make nice graphs. i doubt many players are using one at .25/.50
    Posted by offshoot
    I reckon there is a lot more than you think using pt/hem at nl50.

Imo you are at quite a disadvantage if you dont have it, and theres no reason you shouldnt have it as someone said you can get it free.  Just earn a certain amount of points in the first month when you make a new acc with a site.

It has its problems though. Pt has so many bugs, that I spend more time trying to get these sorted than playing poker.

It is unusable for me at the moment which I dont mind as I have been only playing on here
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited January 2010
    I think better advice if you are signing up to a new site is to sign up through a rakeback site and buy the software directly.  I think the level you play at the rakeback would quickly outweigh the cost of the tracker software and the rakeback keeps giving.