You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

should sky poker have a badbeat jackpot?

tezzer20tezzer20 Member Posts: 13
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
for all the people screaming about bad beats i think sky should introduce a bad beat jackpot like alot of other sites do. for example if you have quad sixes or higher and get beat the peole involved in the hand should get a percentage of the jackpot. i wasn't thinking mega money jackpot jus 1 that build up during the daily play on the site. would like to hear everybody's feed back . thanks

Comments

• Options
    FlutNushFlutNush Member Posts: 371
    edited January 2010
    It's a great idea Tezzer. 

I just worry about the people that might then complain that the jackpot wasn't big enough; or it didn't arrive in their account quick enough... You'd then have to have a Bad-Beat-Low-Pot-Slow-Delivery-Jackpot too, to compensate those players.

Let me think about it some more though... the idea has legs. And being serious for a second, I'm sure it would go down well.

• Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: should sky poker have a badbeat jackpot?:
    It's a great idea Tezzer.  I just worry about the people that might then complain that the jackpot wasn't big enough; or it didn't arrive in their account quick enough... You'd then have to have a Bad-Beat-Low-Pot-Slow-Delivery-Jackpot too, to compensate those players. Let me think about it some more though... the idea has legs. And being serious for a second, I'm sure it would go down well.
    Posted by FlutNush
    This is not allowed!

(great idea btw Tezzer)
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    Yes they should
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited January 2010
    Bad beat jackpot at sky would last less than 3 hours daily and be worth aroun £2.78 :D
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    Lol true!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

Hi tezzer.

It is an interesting idea, & some players like the idea.

However, you do realise that we - the players - pay for it, don't you?

As such, I don't like the idea. The object of poker is to win, not lose, & rewarding bad beats, is just plain wrong imo, especially as we (the players) have to pay for someone losing a hand.

Beats - bad or otherwise (they are all the same imo - you either win or lose, it matters not whether the beat is "bad" or not) are a fundamental part of poker, & I think that rewarding them just goes against the grain, personally.

Just my view, mind. And doubtless a minority one.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    i personally dont like the idea because as TK says above we pay for it so that means extra rake to pay :(... on the other hand it can be such a boost for someone that has just lost a lot of money on cash table or just been kicked out of a tourny with a sick sick beat by getting a nice jackpot.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    Hi tezzer. It is an interesting idea, & some players like the idea. However, you do realise that we - the players - pay for it, don't you? As such, I don't like the idea. The object of poker is to win, not lose, & rewarding bad beats, is just plain wrong imo, especially as we (the players) have to pay for someone losing a hand. Beats - bad or otherwise (they are all the same imo - you either win or lose, it matters not whether the beat is "bad" or not) are a fundamental part of poker, & I think that rewarding them just goes against the grain, personally. Just my view, mind. And doubtless a minority one.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm with you on this Tikay!
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Thanks for all your replys. Tikay yes i do know we pay for it, and i do see where your coming from but im sure even though we have to ay a rake it could be managed to be sort for examle on the low stakes table 2p - 4p, 4- 8, 5p - 10p say a 2p rake would be taken for the bad beat jackpot but only when there are community cards dealt. for blinds of 10p - 20p, 15p - 30p, 20p - 40p, 25p - 50p a rake of 5p should be taken and added to the jackpot. and for blinds 50p - £1 and higher there should be a 10p rake. And for tornaments increase the buy ins by say 5p. i do relise not all people will like this idea, and if eole wanted to moan about the size of the jackpot they should play more hands to build it up :) thanks again  

• Options
    edited January 2010
    It's a great idea Tezzer.  I just worry about the people that might then complain that the jackpot wasn't big enough; or it didn't arrive in their account quick enough... You'd then have to have a Bad-Beat-Low-Pot-Slow-Delivery-Jackpot too, to compensate those players. Let me think about it some more though... the idea has legs. And being serious for a second, I'm sure it would go down well.
    Posted by FlutNush
    if i had won the jackpot big or small i wouldn't care if it took a week to arrive in my account and even if it is small i wouldnt comlain.

• Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    If it was gona happen, it would need to be optional - ie. specific jackpot tables.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If it was gona happen, it would need to be optional - ie. specific jackpot tables.
    Posted by Deadluck
    this is a good suggestion but there would have to be enough tables for each peole who would want to participate ant those who wouldnt
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited January 2010
    I really do enjoy a good moan about my bad beats, and if this scheme were introduced it would rob me of the privilege.  Hence, I say nay.
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited January 2010
    Hi tezzer. It is an interesting idea, & some players like the idea. However, you do realise that we - the players - pay for it, don't you? As such, I don't like the idea. The object of poker is to win, not lose, & rewarding bad beats, is just plain wrong imo, especially as we (the players) have to pay for someone losing a hand. Beats - bad or otherwise (they are all the same imo - you either win or lose, it matters not whether the beat is "bad" or not) are a fundamental part of poker, & I think that rewarding them just goes against the grain, personally. Just my view, mind. And doubtless a minority one.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Spot on! For example, it's like rewarding Hull City an extra point or giving them compensation because they lost to Chelsea through dubious decision - doesn't matter whether they deserved to lose of not, they lost and that's part of the game so would have to deal with it and move onto their next match!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    Other sites do bad beat and royal flush jackpot tables. They are run separately from the other tables, and the tables are normally 50c/$1 tables, and 50c is taken out of the winnings after a flop has been dealt, and added to the fund, so the winning players are handing the cash over. They are ok but only if run separately on there own merits, but to be honest its still just a big lottery lucky dip. 
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    I really do enjoy a good moan about my bad beats, and if this scheme were introduced it would rob me of the privilege.  Hence, I say nay.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I can't say Ive ever noticed ;)