You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Side Bets

WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I'm off to play in my first live tournament with a few mates tomorrow.  I was wonderring what people's views are on side bets, i.e. whether they are a good strategy to employ if I think i have an edge over my mates but don't know how good the rest of the field are going to be.  Also how much should the side bet be in relation to the buy-in?

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Side Bets:
    I'm off to play in my first live tournament with a few mates tomorrow.  I was wonderring what people's views are on side bets, i.e. whether they are a good strategy to employ if I think i have an edge over my mates but don't know how good the rest of the field are going to be.  Also how much should the side bet be in relation to the buy-in?
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I play with 2 other friends in the local £30 freezeout, We always have a £10 last longer bet on it and then give 10% of our action to the other 2. It keeps the first 2 out interested until the last one of us is out but is not really a way to make a profit unless one of you wins it.

If you want to make money from your friends then may i suggest proposition bets as the most fun you can have fleecing a friend
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited January 2010
    if you are better than ur friends, take 30% of them but only give 10% of urself.

Post back here on their reaction lol
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Side Bets:
    In Response to Side Bets : I play with 2 other friends in the local £30 freezeout, We always have a £10 last longer bet on it and then give 10% of our action to the other 2. It keeps the first 2 out interested until the last one of us is out but is not really a way to make a profit unless one of you wins it. If you want to make money from your friends then may i suggest proposition bets as the most fun you can have fleecing a friend
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I like the sound of this, but as there'll be 4 or 5 us I don't think it'll fit.  Maybe the last longer bubble could get 10% of the action...  I'm just brainstorming.