You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Flay The Presenter

RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
...yes, that's not a typo- I'm on duty tonight. Which means an abundance of easy chips are on offer throughout the evening.

Or to put it another way- the Milky Bars are on me.

Plan of attack- skulking round the cash tables from 7pm-8pm, maybe on the 10p/20p or 15p/30p tables- trying to recuperate my buy-in for the 8pm Double Stack.

After my Double Stack exit I will jump into the next available tournament. I think there's a Scary MTT at 8.05pm so I'm laughing.

Come and have a natter if you get a moment.

Stick 'RICHORFORD' into the 'Find A Player' tab to track me down...

And remember- a poker bankroll is for life, not just for Xmas. Something I discovered recently...the hard way.

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Flay The Presenter:
    ...yes, that's not a typo- I'm on duty tonight. Which means an abundance of easy chips are on offer throughout the evening. Or to put it another way- the Milky Bars are on me. Plan of attack- skulking round the cash tables from 7pm-8pm, maybe on the 10p/20p or 15p/30p tables- trying to recuperate my buy-in for the 8pm Double Stack. After my Double Stack exit I will jump into the next available tournament. I think there's a Bounty Huinter at 7.05pm so I'm laughing. Come and have a natter if you get a moment. Stick 'RICHORFORD' into the 'Find A Player' tab to track me down... And remember- a poker bankroll is for life, not just for Xmas. Something I discovered recently...the hard way.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Close to what I was thinking but, I thought Fleece ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Flay The Presenter:
    ...yes, that's not a typo- I'm on duty tonight. Which means an abundance of easy chips are on offer throughout the evening. Or to put it another way- the Milky Bars are on me. Plan of attack- skulking round the cash tables from 7pm-8pm, maybe on the 10p/20p or 15p/30p tables- trying to recuperate my buy-in for the 8pm Double Stack. After my Double Stack exit I will jump into the next available tournament. I think there's a Bounty Huinter at 7.05pm so I'm laughing. Come and have a natter if you get a moment. Stick 'RICHORFORD' into the 'Find A Player' tab to track me down... And remember- a poker bankroll is for life, not just for Xmas. Something I discovered recently...the hard way.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Only Orford can exit 55 minutes before the Tourney even starts.

I dodged a bullet when he opted to be in LisaDonk's Team.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Did someone once say Orford is a professional Presenter?, he writes his own scripts and everything?, has Sky devised a new game? The Bounty Huinter? ;), you are right tikay :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flay The Presenter:
    Did someone once say Orford is a professional Presenter?, he writes his own scripts and everything?, has Sky devised a new game? The Bounty Huinter? ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Lol- since the 'I' is next to the 'U' on the keyboard that's a typing error. 

I've corrected it anyway. 'Thanks' for drawing everyone's attention to it, Baz.

Anyway, I'm off now to play a few SNHs...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Flay The Presenter : Only Orford can exit 55 minutes before the Tourney even starts. I dodged a bullet when he opted to be in LisaDonk's Team.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol- corrected.

But, actually, the typo was probably more realistic...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flay The Presenter : Lol- since the 'I' is next to the 'U' on the keyboard that's a typing error.  I've corrected it anyway. 'Thanks' for drawing everyone's attention to it, Baz. Anyway, I'm off now to play a few SNHs...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Loool, you are very welcome Rich :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok here we go. Just opened up a 10 seater 15p/30p table.

It's Dronfield.

See you there!
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited January 2010
    Ok here we go. Just opened up a 10 seater 15p/30p table. It's Dronfield. See you there!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Interesting place, Dronfield, it's between Chesterfield & Sheffield. Henry Boot Construction have their HQ there, & there's also a very interesting Plant Hire Depot in Dronfield.

I have more of that sort of thing if you are interested. Lots of it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flay The Presenter : Interesting place, Dronfield, it's between Chesterfield & Sheffield. Henry Boot Construction have their HQ there, & there's also a very interesting Plant Hire Depot in Dronfield. I have more of that sort of thing if you are interested. Lots of it.
    Posted by tikay1

I'll make sure I pick another table next time then...
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flay The Presenter : Interesting place, Dronfield, it's between Chesterfield & Sheffield. Henry Boot Construction have their HQ there, & there's also a very interesting Plant Hire Depot in Dronfield. I have more of that sort of thing if you are interested. Lots of it.
    Posted by tikay1
    do you mean the banner plant hire yard which just happens to be a subsidiary of Henry Boot plc? you must have shares to spam those names tikay lool, if anyone wants to know any of the news in Dronfield, try reading the Dronfield advertiser on - line, and did you know that it is twinned with the German town of Sindelfingen ZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flay The Presenter : do you mean the banner plant hire yard which just happens to be a subsidiary of Henry Boot plc? you must have shares to spam those names tikay lool, if anyone wants to know any of the news in Dronfield, try reading the Dronfield advertiser on - line, and did you know that it is twinned with the German town of Sindelfingen Z Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by loonytoons
    None other!

I never worked for them as such, but I was a subbie to them for donkeys years. We did a lot of Projects together - Rotherham Bus Garage (a lovely place, full of really nice buses), Royal Hallamshire Hossie, Derby City Hossie, Shires Shopping Centre, Leicester. Happy days. I'm glad Rich mentioned Dronfield.

Next Table/Town?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dronfield- it's not exactly the most exotic sounding name for a town, is it?

That said, I grew up in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire near a place called Lickey End! 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So to sum up my night- my AA into 89 inevitably meant my demise in the Double Stack. 

:(

BUT, I did manage to cash in the 1k Velocity. 18th/286! Woohoo!  

:)

Thanks to all the players and railers who made it fun tonight and don't forget to tune in to Channel 865 at 8 tomorrow night for Mastercash with Tikay and myself followed at 10 by Total Player where the final 3 of you will be picked to go through to the bootcamp phase.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Flay The Presenter : None other! I never worked for them as such, but I was a subbie to them for donkeys years. We did a lot of Projects together - Rotherham Bus Garage (a lovely place, full of really nice buses), Royal Hallamshire Hossie, Derby City Hossie, Shires Shopping Centre, Leicester. Happy days. I'm glad Rich mentioned Dronfield. Next Table/Town?
    Posted by tikay1
    The Hallamshire is a nightmare, mum was in there and I dont like heights :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So to sum up my night- my AA into 89 inevitably meant my demise in the Double Stack.  :( BUT, I did manage to cash in the 1k Velocity. 18th/286! Woohoo!   :) Thanks to all the players and railers who made it fun tonight and don't forget to tune in to Channel 865 at 8 tomorrow night for Mastercash with Tikay and myself followed at 10 by Total Player where the final 3 of you will be picked to go through to the bootcamp phase.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    A pleasure Rich