You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

I love the cash game!!

BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JudgeyD Sit out

dso260 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.24
TrinityFan Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.14
  Your hole cards

Mug?
Call   £0.04 £0.10 £5.22
BlackFish3 Raise   £0.16 £0.26 £9.21
dso260 Fold        
TrinityFan Fold        
Mug?
Call   £0.12 £0.38 £5.10
Flop

• Q

Mug?
Check        
BlackFish3 Bet   £0.30 £0.68 £8.91
Mug?
Call   £0.30 £0.98 £4.80
Turn

Mug? All-in   £4.80 £5.78 £0.00
BlackFish3 Call   £4.80 £10.58 £4.11
Mug? Show
  • Q

BlackFish3 Show

River

BlackFish3 Win Flush to the Queen £10.06   £14.17

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    ahhh why did i never play cash games sooner??? So much more profitable than the dym i was always playing... thanks scotty et al for the advice!
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    Top two pair, hardly a mug but a very strange bet on turn. Well done flopping a flush. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: I love the cash game!!:
    ahhh why did i never play cash games sooner??? So much more profitable than the dym i was always playing... thanks scotty et al for the advice!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    This I can defenitly agree with !!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lol it dont matter what hes holding its how he just randomly shoved the turn that i called him a mug for. And his preflop call :) you still play 2/4 dudeskin?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lol i'm playing em right now, easy money. ;)
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    There is no problem with this guy getting his money in with 2 pair, (especially at these stakes). The odds of someone flopping a flush are quite big, about 118-1. The only thing i would question about his play (besides his call pre) is why is he not trying to get it all in on the flop?
  • Options
    MohicanMohican Member Posts: 1,421
    edited January 2010
    Lol it dont matter what hes holding its how he just randomly shoved the turn that i called him a mug for. And his preflop call :) you still play 2/4 dudeskin?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    People limp call a 4x bet pre flop a lot at these stakes. Plenty to steal/get paid off with your big hands.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Blackfish, I can see that you're doing well and you're pleased with yourself but just a little bit less smugness and more humility would make you much more likeable. Describing someone in the HH as a mug because he did something that was not optimal is not a very nice way to behave.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    it's profitable indeed.

I deposited £20 the other week on sky (after not playing here for a while) to try out the omaha and play an open with some mates. £11 on the open, £8 blew on omaha (im a total spewy fish, studying it now) and left £1.50 in my account.

Now for the brag?

This was 5 days ago and my bankroll is now (after solely playing 2p/4p tables) around £53.

Money in   Money Out
    251.69       200.65
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Seagull, some humility for yourself would not go amiss either. Instantly naming other players "River maestro" and "River Rat" after every hand you lose isn't practicing what you preach.

I on the other hand enjoy humouring other people's tilt in the chatbox. it makes them play worse. Winding up your opponent is DEFINATELY +EV.
  • Options
    salazarsalazar Member Posts: 330
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: I love the cash game!! : Blackfish, I can see that you're doing well and you're pleased with yourself but just a little bit less smugness and more humility would make you much more likeable. 'Describing someone in the HH as a mug because he did something that was not optimal is not a very nice way to behave'.
    Posted by Seagull158
    QFT
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lol nice one deadluck... sorry i wernt chatting much before i was on mini view... also i didnt know if you would mind me joining your tables or not so i chose not to. Seagull m8 chill out its just a joke!! And salazar i know he had 2 pair etc odds of flopping a flush bla bla bla but i was really just concerned with his preflop call and random turn shove!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Seagull, some humility for yourself would not go amiss either. Instantly naming other players "River maestro" and "River Rat" after every hand you lose isn't practicing what you preach. I on the other hand enjoy humouring other people's tilt in the chatbox. it makes them play worse. Winding up your opponent is DEFINATELY +EV.
    Posted by Deadluck
    On the contrary deadduck.  the comments i made in the chatbox had nothing to do with bigging myself up. They were simply comments on the propensity of an opponent to hot cards on the river. At no time did I call anyone a mug or say I was any good.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    deadLuck * fyi
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Q7s belongs in the muck as well. He's a mug for calling preflop the rest is standard.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dead L uck * fyi
    Posted by Deadluck
    oh sorry m8. saw how you spelt "definitely" and thought spelling was optional.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    well played Blackfish.

oh and people who use terms like river rat are generally massive donks, its such a lol term too.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well if we want to get finickity about these things.... I was merely correcting you on my name for further use :) You're not the first. DeadDuck is another player on Sky. We wouldn't want people getting confused.

well played Blackfish. oh and people who use terms like river rat are generally massive donks, its such a lol term too.
    Posted by scotty77
    This.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well if we want to get finickity about these things.... I was merely correcting you on my name for further use :) You're not the first. DeadDuck is another player on Sky. We wouldn't want people getting confused. In Response to Re: I love the cash game!! : This.
    Posted by Deadluck
    Ok, I'm a massive donk. Never claimed to be anything else. Believe it or not, I was actually taking your advice on board while we were playing. As a result I ended up "winning" after my reload when I made the stupid call against Stanic.
  • Options
    ChirpyChipChirpyChip Member Posts: 556
    edited January 2010
    ye but if he flopped a higher flush u wudant be so chirpy then... this whole topic wud be " how bad do i run... really"