You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MASTERCASH MESSAGES FOR THE LIVE SHOW TONIGHT

RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat

Afternoon all,

These Saturdays come round quick don't they? It seems barely a week since the last one.

Anyway, it's the double whammy again tonight- Mastercash at 8pm followed at 10pm by Total Player, where David Tuckman will pick his team's final 3 players, thus completing Round 1.

Will your favourite Sky Poker player be in the mix? Tune in at 10pm to find out.

Both shows are of course once again, completely LIVE on Channel 865 via Sky, or via our video player on the skypoker.com homepage.

For Total Player messages, please post on the Official Total Player thread, but here's where we want all your messages for Mastercash.

We're talking shout-outs, brags, questions, advice, comedy banter- you name it, we want it. And it will all be read out on the air between 8 and 10. It's what makes the show.

Alternatively you can email in to the show on skyopen@bskyb.com or text a message to 84846 and, in possibly the most interactive feature yet developed for tv(!), you can rail the Mastercash tables and put comments in the chatbox which will IMMEDIATELY be fed into our ears in the studio and relayed to the nation.

The MasterCash tables we will be featuring tonight are 5, 6, 7 and 8. The levekls are 15p/30p in the first hour and 20p/40p in the second. So make sure you're either sat on the table or in the chatbox to be part of the live programme.

So, good luck in all your poker ventures tonight and don't forget to get involved in the show!

:)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

Hi Rich,

Regular viewer here.

Any idea which Team won this week's TKO?

And how did you, Lisa, & tikay get on, please?
  • Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited January 2010
    Rich, on the show you presented with Sky_Dave you asked if 27os was really the worst starting hand.  I seem to recall you saying wasn't 92os worse, since at least with 27os could be connected for a straight, with 3,4,5,6...!

Orford Connectors, discuss...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH MESSAGES FOR THE LIVE SHOW TONIGHT:
    Hi Rich, Regular viewer here. Any idea which Team won this week's TKO? And how did you, Lisa, & tikay get on, please?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay10 and welcome to Sky Poker.

First time poster I see. Thankyou for your questions which I have marked as urgent and put straight into my wicker file for immediate attention.

I will get back to you sometime in 2014. Please hold the line till then...
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    Evenin' chaps,

I challenge you to make use of the F word as many times as possible.

That's 'fiasco' by the way :)

Have a gud 'un

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Rich, on the show you presented with Sky_Dave you asked if 27os was really the worst starting hand.  I seem to recall you saying wasn't 92os worse, since at least with 27os could be connected for a straight, with 3,4,5,6...! Orford Connectors, discuss...
    Posted by Machka
    Lol- I think I should write a book explaining some of the more technical aspects of my thinking. Orford Connectors and Orford Straights can be Chapters 1 and 2.

I think ultimately it could give Dan Harrington's books a run for their money...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Call it "Richard Orfords Super System - A Course In Power Poker" that sounds like a good name for a book.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Hi Rich,

Just wondered when you were going to get the chance to host Mastercash with Dave again as he spoke a lot more sense to the usual numpty you have standing alongside u! ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Call it "Richard Orfords Super System - A Course In Power Poker" that sounds like a good name for a book.
    Posted by Machka
    How about a take on Gus Hansen's book?

Richard Orford: Every Bad Decision Revealed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Evenin' chaps, I challenge you to make use of the F word as many times as possible. That's 'fiasco' by the way :) Have a gud 'un
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Lol, OK, you got a deal!

The BIG SUIT is absent today, so we might be able to get away with some nonsense, but the problem is that Posh-Ling is the Producer......

We will see what we can get away with. If it goes wrong, you get the blame, right?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi Rich, Just wondered when you were going to get the chance to host Mastercash with Dave again as he spoke a lot more sense to the usual numpty you have standing alongside u! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Dave was absolutely superb in that role, but he has to stop raiding the wardrobe of Gareth from The Office.... ;-)

• Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH MESSAGES FOR THE LIVE SHOW TONIGHT : Lol, OK, you got a deal! The BIG SUIT is absent today, so we might be able to get away with some nonsense, but the problem is that Posh-Ling is the Producer...... We will see what we can get away with. If it goes wrong, you get the blame, right?
    Posted by Tikay10
    No worries, I think I can deal with Posh-Ling.....
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    Hi Rich, Just wondered when you were going to get the chance to host Mastercash with Dave again as he spoke a lot more sense to the usual numpty you have standing alongside u! ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Yes; I think that Dave appeals to the more discerning viewer.

It's all very well having Tikay on the show to appeal to the yoof market but I think that Dave's cultured style adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" to the program.

Having said that, I'd pay good money to see Tikay drop kick penguin across the studio.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH MESSAGES FOR THE LIVE SHOW TONIGHT : No worries, I think I can deal with Posh-Ling.....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yikes. You are a better man than me, Gunga Din.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited January 2010
    Plugging the Build a Bankroll thread if it's of any interest to people?

I would love to see some more bankroll progressions of Sky's higher stakes players on there! Plus it would be good to track the progress of fellow low/microstakes cash players who are trying to build it up properly and move up the levels!

BRM is Key to cash games else you can go busto in a matter of MINUTES!

DeadLuck / Matt
  • Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH MESSAGES FOR THE LIVE SHOW TONIGHT : Lol, OK, you got a deal! The BIG SUIT is absent today, so we might be able to get away with some nonsense, but the problem is that Posh-Ling is the Producer...... We will see what we can get away with. If it goes wrong, you get the blame, right?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oi Ant and Dicky, (That's Tikay and Orford to anyone who is half-asleep!)

When are we going to see the wonderful Producer Posh-Ling on our TV screens as she sounds like real red hot stuff and i do prefer real posh female totty.

You'll make Team Tikay's Offical Luckbox and TKO1 Leg 2 Champion who will easily retain his Leg 2 title on Tuesday Night a very happy man!

Ta very muchly!!!!

PS: Has anyone got the phone number of the pilot that is flying back LML to England from the US to ask them to delay the plane till Wednesday so that us Tikayites win Leg 2 on Tuesday!!! :):):):)
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: MASTERCASH MESSAGES FOR THE LIVE SHOW TONIGHT : Oi Ant and Dicky, (That's Tikay and Orford to anyone who is half-asleep!) When are we going to see the wonderful Producer Posh-Ling on our TV screens as she sounds like real red hot stuff and i do prefer real posh female totty. You'll make Team Tikay's Offical Luckbox and TKO1 Leg 2 Champion  who will easily retain his Leg 2 title on Tuesday Night a very happy man! Ta very muchly!!!! PS: Has anyone got the phone number of the pilot that is flying back LML to England from the US to ask them to delay the plane till Wednesday so that us Tikayites win Leg 2 on Tuesday!!! :):):):)
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Its OK, Tikay phoned the airline and changed the booking to one way only:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

No need Steve.

We gonna obliterate AJDonkPlopLisa & her little Team this week.

• Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited January 2010
    No need Steve. We gonna obliterate AJDonkPlopLisa & her little Team this week.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I wonder how many points AJDonkPlopLisa is worth in a game of Scrabble? :):):)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    Aisling loves you both, Im sure she will be nice and lenient with you :) she talks proper and is the womens WORLD CHAMPION POKER PLAYER, please be lenient Ling xxx ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ling, is there any possibility you'd accept a bribe of 56p to allow tonights show to become a fiasco?