You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Good Luck lJAMESl

2»

Comments

• Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2010
    James unlucky you done sky proud
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HE JUST GONE OUT K Q V 55 FIVES HELD
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Good Luck lJAMESl:
    HE JUST GONE OUT K Q V 55 FIVES HELD
    Posted by mabsue
    where did he finish? was it in the money?
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Good Luck lJAMESl : where did he finish? was it in the money?
    Posted by 35suited
    16 gets payed ,

18 left,

they have james down  with  53k,

you sure hes gone mabsue ?

ok i see it now hes finished 18th ,

ul james .
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited January 2010
    I think Mab either has a crystal ball or inside info as James went out in 18th
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry guys lost track of this post my info came from a direct live feed which i was watching he was ul but the guy was running so hot hitting everything when behind and holding when infront final ten left now till 2pm tomorrow James just missed the cash top 15 got from 1800 upwards next out ie:10th gets 2200 then it changes again well done James now back to what matters Total PLayer lol enjoy and good luck
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010

James sent me a long Text which I don't have time to Post tonight, as I'm a bit tired, & I have to go up to Derbyshire now.

But he's a bit disappointed at his exit hand, & if he wins that.....

Hey-ho.

Chin up James, you have a lifetime of poker ahead of you. Most would swap with you. But not those hoodies.....
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    WP dude!

class act!
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2010
    Great effort James

I'm sure you will win one soon
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited January 2010
    Thanks guys :-)! I felt I played really well and didn't feel I made a mistake whole tournament. 

My exit hand was pretty brutal Mid position opens for 10k at blinds 2/4k 400 ante cut-off flats, button flats I shove for 70k total in the small blind (My image is a rock by the way). Original raiser folds and I'm pretty sure now my squeeze has got through, then the 1st caller tanks whilst saying " I know you've got nothing!" .... "Oh really?" I say. Anyway he ends up calling other guy folds. He flips 5-5 and makes out its some genius call when I turn over K-Q and he realises hes flipping. 

Don't think he understands ranges or realises my range there is pretty much all better pocket pairs and obv at worst two overs for a coinflip. He ships the 170k pot and I'm 2 off the money sigh!

Pretty confident If I win that pot I can get myself in to a pretty sick finish if not win the comp. 

Next stop Total player :-)
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

How can he call with 5s? cud have been squeezing with 67 suited n hes still flipping for half his stack, with 2 players still behind?

This aint a suck up but love ur shove, mainly because ur 2 off the bubble (not sure I would have the courage to make it in a tourny this big, but it makes perfect sense to me, id do it in the primo? lol) - btw my attitude towards the game at this stage in a tourny this size, basically justifies ur play, id probli fold aces here just incase! ha just kidin - but u no wat I mean.

So looking forward to watching the TP players over the next few nights, gonna be wikid, whos gonna be brave and go for the big win? ;) lol

WD again James! DOHH

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm not scared of bubbling to be honest mate, my play should work almost everytime. It's a terrible call but hopefully he will be at the next comps to pay me off :-).

Congrats on making it through mate, only got home tonight so just read the forum and saw the added 3 players! 

Should be a good comp and best of luck buddy!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    On the plus side a good friend of mine who I meet up with at live events is on the final table of the EPT in Deauville. His name is Jake Cody, he is 2nd in chips 8 left.. €870k for 1st :-D. 

He won a huge pot 5-bet shoving 10-4 allin into KK with 18 left and hitting a straight, can any1 tell he's a mate of mine yet?! lol. I'm sure Tikay will of made a good read on that hand that we might even be related :-D
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2010
    Thanks guys :-)! I felt I played really well and didn't feel I made a mistake whole tournament.  My exit hand was pretty brutal Mid position opens for 10k at blinds 2/4k 400 ante cut-off flats, button flats I shove for 70k total in the small blind (My image is a rock by the way). Original raiser folds and I'm pretty sure now my squeeze has got through, then the 1st caller tanks whilst saying " I know you've got nothing!" .... "Oh really?" I say. Anyway he ends up calling other guy folds. He flips 5-5 and makes out its some genius call when I turn over K-Q and he realises hes flipping.  Don't think he understands ranges or realises my range there is pretty much all better pocket pairs and obv at worst two overs for a coinflip. He ships the 170k pot and I'm 2 off the money sigh! Pretty confident If I win that pot I can get myself in to a pretty sick finish if not win the comp.  Next stop Total player :-)
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Own up. Who hacked James's account?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I'm not scared of bubbling to be honest mate, my play should work almost everytime. It's a terrible call but hopefully he will be at the next comps to pay me off :-). Congrats on making it through mate, only got home tonight so just read the forum and saw the added 3 players!  Should be a good comp and best of luck buddy!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    hi james as you know by this thread a few of us were tracking you in this event ,

unlucky again by the way ,

recently in forum we got dantb10 poker  story,

how he got in and progressed through the game,

i am sure a lot of us forum users would love to hear yours ,

in your own time m8,

no rush.

• Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Good Luck lJAMESl : hi james as you know by this thread a few of us were tracking you in this event , unlucky again by the way , recently in forum we got dantb10 poker  story,   how he got in and progressed through the game, i am sure a lot of us forum users would love to hear yours , in your own time m8, no rush.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    James did his story 8am this morning m8
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Good Luck lJAMESl : James did his story 8am this morning m8
    Posted by 35suited
    ty m8y just seen it now cheers !
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Good Luck lJAMESl : Own up. Who hacked James's account?
    Posted by Tikay10
    LMAO Tikay, I was about to highlight exactly the same bit until I saw you had done it already. UL mate, 1 day you might run good in a GUKPT event.

Look forward to battling vs you in Total Player next week.