You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

sky suits have got total player phase 2 spot on / what do you think?

IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
 well as most are aware i had some issues with phase 1,

but these were ironed out,

but it seems the suits are spot on with phase 2,

i for one as a spectator is very excited by it.

its going to be compulsive viewing.

excellent work skypoker .

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    I agree in part, i think the actual games in terms of quantity, quality, and diversity are great, but there is no shall we say ' audience participation' involved, i reckon it would have been better to have had an x-factor type format where the bottom two each week as chosen by the mentors, would go in a head to head against each other to see who is eliminated, now that would have been compulsive viewing!! And i would like to see an update of the competitors bankrolls, in terms of cash / stt/ mtt
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    seems to be a lot of no votes,

feed back is healthy,

get posting guys/gals.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well 64 o/o yes looking good !
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    As one of the competitors, I'm really looking forward to the challenge!! 

I think the 'audience participation' that loony wrote about will be the fact that anyone who is sat at a TP table during the challenge will have a chance to take their chips and also, possibly, impress the TP's mentor who will be watching.

By mixing, cash, sngs and mtts it will put us to the test across all 3 disciplines. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    Cant wait to get started tomorrow!

Let battle commence!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: sky suits have got total player phase 2 spot on / what do you think?:
    Cant wait to get started tomorrow! Let battle commence!
    Posted by dantb10
    gl tomorrow night m8y !
  • Options
    pokerbcitypokerbcity Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2010
    I think that they have got it wrong, higher stakes players will have a big edge as we have got through these stakes before (what are we proving???)...moving down can also make your game rusty rather than the improvement that is aimed for.  I have gone through long spells of being a bankroll nit (stil am probably lol but im trying to fight it) and resorting to grinding lower, my game is always weaker when I move back up.

I really like the idea of the seperate bankroll, everybodys £500 is worth the same, it doesn't matter how much you have in other rolls.

If we can then compete directly with the total player bankroll we will be on more of a level playing field.

O well, I guess it's decided now though so i'll quit the complaining!...good luck tomorrow dan and phil :)

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010
    Will's point is the reason I hope they allow us to use the roll as we wish, at any point during the 72 hours we have.....

But its countered by Phils point in the TP thread about people who work having a disadvantage. - Maybe a ROI kinda statistic could be used to judge a players success?

As always, no1 is gonna be completely happy. I think the playing hours should be extended maybe from 5pm until 2am.

My big prob is my lappy wnt let me play more than 2 tables at once on sky, sometimes, that doesnt even work. So Im gunna struggle to fit all the games in, busting early in one of the main events could be a blessing in disguise. :(

Overall, love the fact that poker gets the chance to do the talking :)

DOHH
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited January 2010
    i thort we were only going to be judged in allocated time slots on the 3 nights?
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Yeh thats right Dan, I think, just think 5pm till 3am offers more flexability for people who work have other commitments etc.

TK gna clear it up in the TP thread, still nt sure myself.

DOHH