You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£49m for Sterling

VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
edited June 2016 in The Football Corner
You're having a laugh !

Comments

• Options
    BARBIE59BARBIE59 Member Posts: 580
    edited July 2015
    I would say 19m is a fair price for him, his form last season was poor as well.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited July 2015
    I don't rate him as a player or a man. He comes across as a spoilt child.

Liverpool are well rid of him and I hope he ends up rotting on the bench at City.
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited July 2015
    You got to remember the guy is 20 years old, for his age his record is up there with Messi and ahead of where Ronaldo was, (for goals, games and assists) at that age, he obviously hasnt done himself any favours with the way he dealt with the situation but with the right bit of guidance he could be one of the best of his generation... if he was spanish, german or brazilian i think everyone would be excited by him
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: £49m for Sterling:
    You got to remember the guy is 20 years old, for his age his record is up there with Messi and ahead of where Ronaldo was, (for goals, games and assists) at that age, he obviously hasnt done himself any favours with the way he dealt with the situation but with the right bit of guidance he could be one of the best of his generation... if he was spanish, german or brazilian i think everyone would be excited by him
    Posted by jordz16
    Jordan speaks sense!

It's a lot of money but it could be a great bit of business. We could get 10+ quality years from him, and he can only get better by playing and training alongside the likes of Silva, Aguero, Toure etc.

It's too easy to look at the headline fee and dismiss it, look at it from an investment perspective. Bear in mind it's £45m with a further £4m in add ons, and with QPR getting 20% you can see why Liverpool wanted top whack for him. Now they have plenty of pennies to waste on other players ;)

Can't win with some people; we spend £££ on a top foreign player and we are ruining the national team. So we sign the hottest English prospect and we are still ruining the national team!

:)
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited August 2015
    walcott is better then sterling 49mil is a joke 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Walcott aged 20     64 league games played (21 in championship)    10 league goals scored (4 in the championship)

Sterling aged 20     97 league games played (all premiership)         18 league goals scored (all in premiership)

Ronaldo aged 20     87 league games played  (25 in Portugal)         12 league goals scored  (3 in Portugal)

The stats speak for themselves, also Arsenal and Man U  are a better team than Liverpool so its an even better record on sterlings part.

For the record i dont think Sterling will become as good as Ronaldo but the potential is obviously there.

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited June 2016
    I stand by my original post
    He was awful tonight
    Couldn't control the ball,couldn't cross the ball and he's lost his pace.
    All the the others were great though.
    Vardy next game please.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited June 2016
    I stand by my original post He was awful tonight Couldn't control the ball,couldn't cross the ball and he's lost his pace. All the the others were great though. Vardy next game please.
    Posted by VespaPX
    I think 'awful' is a bit harsh. I thought he looked dangerous coming forward but just lacked the end product on the night. Also I don't see how he's lost his pace. I'm a bit disappointed Vardy didn't get on, hope he gets a chance against Wales
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    VespaPX said:

I stand by my original post

He was awful tonight
    Couldn't control the ball,couldn't cross the ball and he's lost his pace.
    All the the others were great though.
    Vardy next game please.
    Of course Vespa doesn't like a young, successful black person from Jamaica.

Coming over here, stealing our football jobs.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    he played orate fost half then nowt, we deserved what we got