You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ICM suicide?

GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
edited December 2021 in Strategy
last 4 of a turbo live game, 8 paid.

UTG - 2BB folds
Button - 16BB folds
SB - 7BB shoves
BB - 7BB calls

what range can the BB call with? SB is a solid player but he knows his ranges and the value of ICM, both to himself but also to me. UTG only has 2 bigs and is in the BB next hand. But he has been like that for the last twenty minutes! In game I called with KJ and lost. In hindsight it should be an easy fold. But what is the right calling range?

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,112
    edited August 2015
    In Response to ICM suicide?:
    last 4 of a turbo live game, 8 paid. UTG - 2BB folds Button - 16BB folds SB - 7BB shoves BB - 7BB calls what range can the BB call with? SB is a solid player but he knows his ranges and the value of ICM, both to himself but also to me. UTG only has 2 bigs and is in the BB next hand. But he has been like that for the last twenty minutes! In game I called with KJ and lost. In hindsight it should be an easy fold. But what is the right calling range?
    Posted by GELDY
    No "right" calling range, but I am snap calling with KJ-probably anything above average, ie above Q 7
  • Options
    rspca12rspca12 Member Posts: 618
    edited August 2015
    ok alot to think about in this one. u say sb is shoving correct range so something like this 
    22+ Jx+ T2s+ T4o+ 92s+ 95o+ 83s+ 86o+ 73s+ 75o+ 63s+ 65o 53s+ 43s
    this is the correct shoving range with 7 bb according to nash shoving ranges. i personal think this is a bit wrong to live game and think his range will be 
    22+ ax k5+ q10+ 54s+ 
    think this is more acq range for live game maybe bit tight but correct imo. the correct calling range to have 50% eq is 44+ a4s+ k10+ a7o+ kjo+ so kj not to bd. but with icm without noing the pay jumps its difficult to give a acq range. but lets say u wont to be 58% against his range so making decent money from the call. its saying 88+ a10s+ajo+. my personal range will be 66+ a9o+ a8s+ kjs+  kqo+. if the structure is very top heavy then a much wider call is fine.