You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When your beloved football club signs a complete clown

Bromley023Bromley023 Member Posts: 274
edited October 2015 in The Football Corner
So.

Something happened today.

My beloved Burnley FC signed Joey Barton.

My head tells me that this is a quality signing.  My heart tells me that he is a complete "liaibility" (amonngst other choice words).

What on earth does one do? Be excited? Be annoyed? Cheer him? Jeer him?

Anyoe else had any similar signing dilemmas?!

Comments

• Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2015
    In Response to When your beloved football club signs a complete clown:
    So. Something happened today. My beloved Burnley FC signed Joey Barton. My head tells me that this is a quality signing.  My heart tells me that he is a complete "liaibility" (amonngst other choice words). What on earth does one do? Be excited? Be annoyed? Cheer him? Jeer him? Anyoe else had any similar signing dilemmas?!
    Posted by Bromley023
    cheer him ofcourse i think hes a quality player . celtic is my team  and we have signed some rubbish over the years  then again we dont get  enough tv money from sky to buy better one of the reasons why we are out of the champions league .enjoy yer billions england from a scottish sky tv and bt sports subscriber or should i say ex as im thinking of not subscribing
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited August 2015
    I was fortunate enough to meet Joey Barton in Liverpool about 4/5 years ago and was pleasantly surprised at how much of a nice bloke he was, he had time for everyone who spoke to him and was happy to answer questions, take photos and seemed very down to earth, On the other hand I have met an awful lot of footballers over the years with egos far beyond their actual ability. I'm a West Ham (the proper claret and blue side) and would have been more than happy to have him sign for us. Even though he is prone to a moment of madness I much prefer that than someone who will hand in a Transfer request as soon as things go wrong
  • Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited August 2015
    Also, about 15 years ago I remember when we signed Paolo Di Canio, he had been sent off 3 times the previous season, including a 12 game suspension for pushing a ref over, his political views meant lots of clubs wouldnt touch him and his career seemed to be on its way out but 5 years later when he left, he left as my favourite all time player, and most West Ham fans would put him in their top 5 of all time
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: When your beloved football club signs a complete clown:
    I was fortunate enough to meet Joey Barton in Liverpool about 4/5 years ago and was pleasantly surprised at how much of a nice bloke he was, he had time for everyone who spoke to him and was happy to answer questions, take photos and seemed very down to earth, On the other hand I have met an awful lot of footballers over the years with egos far beyond their actual ability. I'm a West Ham (the proper claret and blue side) and would have been more than happy to have him sign for us. Even though he is prone to a moment of madness I much prefer that than someone who will hand in a Transfer request as soon as things go wrong
    Posted by jordz16
    I raise 

AVFC - Founded 1874
    WHU - Founded 1895
    Burnley - 1888

Burnley colours - The club colours of claret and blue were adopted in 1910 in tribute to the dominant club of English football at the time, Aston Villa
  • Options
    allin4staxallin4stax Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2015
    It could be worse Natalie,  You could be a Liverpool fan.

The utter guff they sign season after season is comical. 
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 824
    edited August 2015
    As a fellow Burnley fan I'm delighted with signing Barton, he'll provide us with some much needed talent in midfield which we really lack. He may be controversial off the pitch but he knows Dyche's philosophy of hard work and what's expected of him. I think he'll knuckle down and be a great asset to the team.
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited September 2015
    Signing Barton should help make up for the loss of losing Shackell to us mighty Rams :-$ 
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited September 2015
    NO OFFENCE MEANT TO ANYONE,BUT WHAT IF HAD BEEN THAT TOTAL,COMPLETE WASTE OF SPACE,WHO GOES BY THE NAME OF SAIDO BERAHINO ?

AT THE MADEJSKI STADIUM,AMONG SEVERAL OTHERS,THE ROYALS HAVE SIGNED MATEJ VYDRA ON A SEASON-LONG LOAN.THAT'LL DO ME .
  • Options
    pappy_747pappy_747 Member Posts: 56
    edited October 2015
    I support the Villa, so ermmmmm where shall I start regarding our summer signings
    Looking forward to our annual relegation scrap, though if we carry on as we are we will be relegated by March