You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Is Calling still ok

stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
edited December 2021 in Strategy

5 handed in a dym then this happens

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
NandoOscar Small blind  100.00 100.00 2395.00
stuarty117 Big blind  200.00 300.00 1825.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

MiCFrOG Fold     
All-in  2130.00 2430.00 0.00
SALDAR Fold     
Call  2030.00
Is it still ok to call considering we are up against 2 opps instead of one

I called was up against A8 and JQ and lost but don't care that I lost just was it correct call

Comments

• Options
    TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Is Calling still ok:
    5 handed in a dym then this happens Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance NandoOscar Small blind   100.00 100.00 2395.00 stuarty117 Big blind   200.00 300.00 1825.00   Your hole cards A A       MiCFrOG Fold         A  All-in   2130.00 2430.00 0.00 SALDAR Fold         B  Call   2030.00 Is it still ok to call considering we are up against 2 opps instead of one I called was up against A8 and JQ and lost but don't care that I lost just was it correct call
    Posted by stuarty117

assuming that the smallest stack at the table is t1350 AA is a call. we have a 73% winrate calling. unless there is someone extremely short at the table we will do well to match that folding.

fold everything else, esp if there is someone short.

other stack sizes are always important in DYM's btw. if one of the player not in the hand has 10 chips then we'd fold AA

btw ICMIZER offers 3 free calculations a day.

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited October 2015
    Yeah stack size of BTN and MICFrog are going to be useful to know here but  AA is a clear call. @ Teddy: You say to fold everything else but KK has 58% equity against a 15% and 8% range - is that not a call too then? Everything else is OFC a fold though.
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited October 2015
    Think i was 5th at this stage but it was tight, micfrog had around 2k

PS thanks teddy might try it
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Is Calling still ok:
    Yeah stack size of BTN and MICFrog are going to be useful to know here but  AA is a clear call. @ Teddy: You say to fold everything else but KK has 58% equity against a 15% and 8% range - is that not a call too then? Everything else is OFC a fold though.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    its a DYM though so ICM can be extreme.

think about winrate

if we call we lose 42% of the time

if we fold one player is knocked out [or left on fumes] leaving 4 players.

if stacks were equal and skill edge equal then we'd lose 25% of the time.

fold KK here we are the shortest stack, but there isnt much in it  and we figure to have some skill edge - certainly we'd back ourselves enough for us to not bust > 42%. 

• Options
    edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Is Calling still ok:
    Think i was 5th at this stage but it was tight, micfrog had around 2k PS thanks teddy might try it
    Posted by stuarty117

it can be tricky.

i'll make a post tomorrow on how to set up DYM spots so you dont waste searches trying to figure it out
  • Options
    edited October 2015

ICMIZER is now browser based, you can register and you get 3 free calculations per day.

To set up for DYM note the red boxes. You first want to select 6max DYM in the red box in the top left. The drop down box contains preset games. Stars no longer offers DYM, so use partypokers Double or Nothing. As long as it is 6max and prize pool is paid 33% to 1,2,3 then its good.

Then select the # players dealt into the hand and blind levels.

Then enter the stack sizes AT START OF HAND before blinds are posted.

A good tip is to look at the total box highlighted. It should be 12000 for sky’s format.

Select your postion as hero

Then assign villains actions and ranges. Click on action and options are brought up. Once you have selected an action click the small green bar next to the action and put the range into the matrix

http://imgur.com/zfcqoFi

then click calculate and you will get results. Here I I showed what would happen if there was an extreme short stack who has folded and we face 2 shoves. We can see we fold aces. EV’s are compared to folding and take into account ICM.

http://imgur.com/hDaBNxn