You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

All-In!.............All Out!

POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Its sits there grinning at you like a Cheshire cat! Goading you for the whole tourny, Go On! it says push me! Push Me!. You stay calm, ignore it and keep building up a nice stack.

50 players left, 30 players left, I'm going to cash - Push Me! Noooo I Ignore It!

20 players left, 10 players left, What are you waiting for PUSH ME!! Tempted but no, again I Ignore it.

6 players left, i'm on the bubble, just one more to cash.

Cards Turn, Wow! a whopping hand AA or KK, Go on you know you want to! I can't ignore it anymore.............

ALL IN..........................ALL OUT Dam It! I Fell For It Again. That all in button has got me wrapped round its little finger.

Comments

• Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited January 2010
    Oh   How well do I empathise with your anguish lol
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    i love it trev,

excellent post,

you know you can always go to the divorce courts ,

free yourself up,

and get married to limit poker,

but she's not a tease like no limit is,

and very boring .

over and out roborover !
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: All-In!.............All Out!:
    i love it trev, excellent post, you know you can always go to the divorce courts , free yourself up, and get married to limit poker, but she's not a tease like no limit is, and very boring . over and out roborover !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Divorce Mrs No Limits? How dare you suggest such an unthinkable, I don't think so, I love her too much.

But I could have a short affair with Miss Limits to see if that helps.
  • Options
    DiggerManDiggerMan Member Posts: 1,027
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: All-In!.............All Out! : Divorce Mrs No Limits? How dare you suggest such an unthinkable, I don't think so, I love her too much. But I could have a short affair with Miss Limits to see if that helps.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I'm afraid that getting involved with Miss Limits will only lead to torment and frustration! You'll still be wanting to push push push while she'll be telling you that you'll have to save some for later! You'll be having an affair with a Nun!!!! lol
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Get to know it properly become friendly with it, use it more and more, then it will help u ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Get to know it properly become friendly with it, use it more and more, then it will help u ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Cheers Dohhhhhh, I would love to get friendly with that all-in button, but it beats me up so many times lol.

But I know what your saying mate, I have used it on many an occasion and it has been very helpful, but sometimes I am such an idiot and press it, even thou I have a gut feeling it is going to hurt me.

Some players in the early stages of mtt games often keep raising when I know they have nothing in their hand and so I use the all in button against them, however, when I play deepstack tournys, I sometimes forget that I am up against some really good players and when they raise they generally have something (Although not all the time) and I find it hard to change my mindset from one game to another, next thing I know i've hit that all-in button and I know I should'nt have done.

I generally make this mistake more often when I am multi-tabling such as the other night, I was running 2nd in one of the tournys and there was 7 players left and only 5 cash, I got K10 in my hand and hit another K on the flop so I raised, the other player pushes all-in so I called, even thou I new I could get beat, he shows KJ and my tourny is down the pan. Just wish I could stop doing it as I had no reason to risk my tourny at this late stage.

Anyway thanks for the advice m8 I will try harder.
  • Options
    ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited January 2010
    Limit Poker...NOOOOO!!!!!!....it should be banned banned banned (in my humble opinion).

Whenever I sit at a Limit table I seem to be with people who will flat call all the way to the river ,just in case when it must be obvious their hand is beaten. Horrible, vile and evil little game ( again, in my humble opinion)
    but that may just be because I at even worse at it than I am at No Limit!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

U shud trust that gut instinct. If ur sat there with top set, but theres 3 clubs out there facing a decision for all ur chips, if the gut feel says fold, its probably the right move!

Likewise, if ur sat there on the river with  2nd pair, facing an all in shove, and ur gut feel says "Im winnin here" - then its probably the right call!

From a guy who plays his poker mainly on instinct, I feel its my major weapon! - alongside the re-raise button of course ;)

GL! DOHH
  • Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited January 2010
    In Response to All-In!.............All Out!:
    Its sits there grinning at you like a Cheshire cat! Goading you for the whole tourny, Go On! it says push me! Push Me!. You stay calm, ignore it and keep building up a nice stack. 50 players left, 30 players left, I'm going to cash - Push Me! Noooo I Ignore It! 20 players left, 10 players left, What are you waiting for PUSH ME!! Tempted but no, again I Ignore it. 6 players left, i'm on the bubble, just one more to cash. Cards Turn, Wow! a whopping hand AA or KK, Go on you know you want to! I can't ignore it anymore............. ALL IN..........................ALL OUT Dam It! I Fell For It Again. That all in button has got me wrapped round its little finger.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    LOL very funny

That little button is the devils calling card PUSH IT when you have 66 in your hand and see what happens trust me you will hit a 6.
  • Options
    ginge999ginge999 Member Posts: 95
    edited January 2010
    LOL nice post dude!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Success at Last! Please visit link below

Dohhhh is De Man!