You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do?

dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Was just playing the £1000 guaranteed, busted out in 4th when my push with JJ was called in the BB by AA gg.
Anyway, a few hands before we as a table had a discussion, UG had 34000 left and pushed All in, i folded          (102,000 chips), Button (89,000 chips) thinks about it but folds, SB (39,000) chips folds and BB (168,000)calls the extra 30,000 (Blinds were 2000/4000). UG shows 99, BB shows A2 and wins when he hits the A on the river gg.
After the hand the Button made a comment that he was tempted to push all in with A?, and asked BB if they would have called, they said yes in an instant. I said i wouldn't have called but everyone disagrees with me. Their thinking was that the BB had the chance to knock 2 opponents out in one go which I understand, but my thinking was that I wouldn't call because both were pretty tight players and waiting for their hands. I agree with the call from the UG but in my opinion if the button had pushed then I would have folded my A2 and would have given both credit for their pushes. If both had been LAG then I could understand but in that situation I would rather wait for a better position rather than sacrificing over half my chips on a call which I know im probably beat by but hope to get lucky.

What do you all think??

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010
    I never like a call with ace x if I can help it! - And in this case I definately could!

Give me 67 diamonds It might be different ;) lol

Nah instant fold for me with ace 2 there!

DOHH
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited January 2010
    I'm with you mate - there's no need to get involved if the button shoved! It would be half your stack to call and with what, something that's easily dominated by another ace or pair - not even that big favourite against KQ/KJ so I can find better spot regardless of knocking two people out!
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited January 2010

Nice one, thought I was on my own on this one!! Cheers to you both for your reply :)