You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

dusk till dawn

webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
hey guys, been playing a lot more live poker recently and am thinking of taking a trip to Nottingham to dusk till dawn with a few mates, never been before and never played live in a place like that, could anyone recommend the best time to go there or is it the same stuff every day, cash tables, DYM tables and mtt's?

any info would be great cheers

Comments

• Options
    jakallyjakally Member Posts: 421
    edited January 2010

No DYM tables, and only occasional Sit n Go's, but plenty of tourneys, and lots of cash.

Best times are when the place is full n buzzing.
    There is a 20/20 weekend each month - 2 x £20k guaranteed tourneys Sat 3pm, and Sun 3pm, for £100 each plus juice.

Also a Super 50 weekend with two £50 + juice tourneys, at same times.

Evening tourneys at 8pm, or plenty of cash games if you get knocked out.

Go to their website for more details - google Dusk Til Dawn poker and you will find it.

• Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited January 2010
    In Response to dusk till dawn:
    hey guys, been playing a lot more live poker recently and am thinking of taking a trip to Nottingham to dusk till dawn with a few mates, never been before and never played live in a place like that, could anyone recommend the best time to go there or is it the same stuff every day, cash tables, DYM tables and mtt's? any info would be great cheers
    Posted by webby234
    depends on your bankroll obviously,but the 80k gtd £300-£36 monthly is great with a life changing £36k ist prize,i treated myself to this a few months ago and got to the last level on day one with 88k chips when the average was 39k,si i rang the wife to tell her"i will be staying over because i'm chipped up and there is only an hour to go"
    ten minetes later i was ringing her back"i'm on my home"

there is also a £20k gtd on the sunday monthly £150 buy-in

good luck....

ps its the best run cardroom you could hope to go to...

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2010
    thanks guys for the info, gonna google it as jakally said and take a proper look at the place before i dive in the deep end
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2010
    Hi Webby,

Take it from me m8, DTD IS the best place to play poker in the country.
    It is very well run and is poker only so no distractions by numpties on roulette, etc.

I dont know anyone who has played there and not said good things about it, and if i lived closer i would definitely play love more often.

Do go and try it you will love it.

col
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2010
    My mate went 2 weeks back for the £50 buy in tourny, was a really good turnout and was a high standard apparently. However, apparently a few people wern't that welcoming at the tables which is a bit out of order but still....you get the numpties everywhere you play so it's a part of the game. Definately want to go soon though!
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: dusk till dawn:
    Hi Webby, Take it from me m8, DTD IS the best place to play poker in the country. It is very well run and is poker only so no distractions by numpties on roulette, etc. I dont know anyone who has played there and not said good things about it, and if i lived closer i would definitely play love more often. Do go and try it you will love it. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Does your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend know how you feel? ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited January 2010

DTD is the finest, & best run, Live Poker Venue in the world, imo.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: dusk till dawn : Does your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend know how you feel? ;)
    Posted by Sherlock
    OOPS lol
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    DTD is the finest, & best run, Live Poker Venue in the world, imo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I couldn't agree more. Simply the best card room that I've ever played in. I only wish I lived nearer to it :o(
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2010
    played there once

puts nearly all other poker venues i have played at in the uk to shame to be honest

as for the numpties you can get them onlineyou can get them live
  • Options
    MAZERAIDERMAZERAIDER Member Posts: 72
    edited January 2010
    played there once puts nearly all other poker venues i have played at in the uk to shame to be honest as for the numpties you can get them onlineyou can get them live
    Posted by barnsie
    play there a lot go 4 the 50+6 pound saturday night they do a 10.000 starting stack with 10.000 gar