You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

money

jay606jay606 Member Posts: 10
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

im dont play the big money games often but seems every time i do i bust out really early do people play diffrent at higher stakes is that why i dont do well ?? please help lol

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    In Response to money:
    im dont play the big money games often but seems every time i do i bust out really early do people play diffrent at higher stakes is that why i dont do well ?? please help lol
    Posted by jay606
    Start at the bottom lol, and work your way up when you feel the time is right (when your winning regularly at the lower stakes). Maybe your playing above your bankroll, maybe your not good enough for these tables yet, only you can answer that!! Remember as well, there is nothing wrong with starting on the 2p/4p cash tables. Last point yes players do play differently at higher stake tables, they understand position, and pot odds a lot better, and tend to do more big raising more often, where as at lower levels players tend to wait for good hands.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    In Response to money:
    Posted by jay606

No. The probable truth is that you do.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited February 2010
    I find, that if I am playing well within my bankroll, I am much more aggressive, which means i tend to win more often.

On the rare occasions when I go out of my comfort zone I become much more tight and miss opportunities, that I would have pounced on, in a lower stake game.

I have built it up gradually over the last few months and can now play comfortably at a higher level, than a few months ago.

To answer your question, it may well be you that is playing slightly differently