You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

55BH - Small Flopped FD 3way

Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Still fighting the battle to get some discussion going back in the clinic so gonna post this and another one from the 55BH (the slower one)...

X is a pretty tight, ABC reg
Y is a rec that's a bit too loose/stationy pre and post

Assume we're all just flatting flop, can't really rep many value hands by raising, we don't have any 2pr and prob don't raise any Kx so is would 22/33 so a flop raise will be too weighted towards air and FDs imo. What do you think?

Do we stab turn when both check or take the free card?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
johnny_e Small blind  75.00 75.00 2950.00
ALMAJL Big blind  150.00 225.00 1550.00
  Your hole cards

XRaise  300.00 525.00 8565.00
Call  300.00 825.00 7421.25
Lambert180 Call  300.00 1125.00 8990.00
johnny_e Call  225.00 1350.00 2725.00
ALMAJL Fold     
Flop

• K

johnny_e Check     
Bet  675.00 2025.00 7890.00
Call  675.00 2700.00 6746.25
Lambert180 Call  675.00 3375.00 8315.00
johnny_e Fold     
Turn

Check     
Check     
Lambert180 Check     
River

Check     
Bet  1500.00 4875.00 5246.25

Comments

• Options
    RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2015
     i'm probably not best person to commment but i like that ur trying to get this place buzzing again so may aswell start us off. 

i thinking checking behind has to be the best option x is an abc reg so hes going to have a lot of k's in his range and i dont see him folding many of them here. and after you only call the flop its going to be hard for you to represent a strong K or surely you'd of raised the flop to isolate?

raising may get Y to fold but as you've desribed him as a bit loose do u really want him to fold? surely its better to check behind hope to hit your Flush and for him to do exactly what hes done on the river putting out a 1/2 pot bet.

i just dont see any benifits to stabbing the turn personally.

anyway look forward to everyone elses views, and myne being torn apart ;)

• Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: 55BH - Small Flopped FD 3way:
     i'm probably not best person to commment but i like that ur trying to get this place buzzing again so may aswell start us off.  i thinking checking behind has to be the best option x is an abc reg so hes going to have a lot of k's in his range and i dont see him folding many of them here. and after you only call the flop its going to be hard for you to represent a strong K or surely you'd of raised the flop to isolate? raising may get Y to fold but as you've desribed him as a bit loose do u really want him to fold? surely its better to check behind hope to hit your Flush and for him to do exactly what hes done on the river putting out a 1/2 pot bet. i just dont see any benifits to stabbing the turn personally. anyway look forward to everyone elses views, and myne being torn apart ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    Nah anyone is free and good to comment imo, more view points on a hand can only be good.

The reason I considered the stab on the turn is cos I don't agree with the first bolded bit. He is very ABC, so he's just gonna keep on betting for value and not give free cards to FDs etc, so when he doesn't bet what is a very safe turn I don't think he ever has AA/AK/KQ, maybe he might pot control KJ/KT, and I don't think he opens many more Kx.

The downside to stabbing the turn is the other loose player who probably isn't folding turn and might not fold to another bet on the river that often either 

Fwiw, I wouldn't raise the flop with any hand I don't think. I wouldn't be raising 1pr, so my value raising range is pretty much 22/33 (cos I wouldn't flat any of the 2pr hands pre, and I wouldn't flat KK pre) so I just wouldn't raise any hands bluff or value here.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    edited December 2015
    I did post but dont think it sent. I think we can definitely try steal it here. Maybe bet 2-2.4k to fold them off better fd's that dont have the odds to try and hit and mid pairs. Then jam when we hit flush and maybe bluff aces, fold if it blanks. Check also fine. depends on opponents. Very easily pfr has air and caller has marginal hand or a draw himself. If opponents stationy with draws w wrong odds would just check.
    Definitely only calling flop here. we only ever get it in v stronger fd's and Kx
  • Options
    AMYBRAMYBR Member Posts: 3,432
    edited December 2015
    sexy temptation :p

But peeps super hate to fold these boards these days.

Think youre getting called super light if you get creative :p