You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

MBI - Calling Range in BB v 8bb Jam

Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
edited December 2021 in Strategy
This is the MBI, or £55 Speed BH as some may know it...

We are 5/14 iirc, in that region anyway, 5 paid.

X is a reg, I'd describe them as being on the loose side of regs for Sky.

What's the worst hand you call with here/what range do you call?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
wi03 Small blind  600.00 600.00 18275.00
Lambert180 Big blind  1200.00 1800.00 13502.00
  Your hole cards

jakealex Fold     
    All-in  9852.00 11652.00 0.00
    goodylad21 Fold     
    wi03 Fold     
    Lambert180 All-in  13502.00 25154.00 0.00

Comments

• Options
      bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
      edited December 2015
      i like a call here with qj
    • Options
      FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
      edited December 2015
       Maybe something like A4s+ A6+ QJs+ KJ+ K9s+ all pairs. Not amazing on push fold ranges though :-)
    • Options
      EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,108
      edited December 2015
      In Response to Re: MBI - Calling Range in BB v 8bb Jam:
       Maybe something like A4s+ A6+ QJs+ KJ+ K9s+ all pairs. Not amazing on push fold ranges though :-)
      Posted by FeelGroggy
      I'm a little tighter-A8s/A10/KQ/33 plus...
    • Options
      RLT16RLT16 Member Posts: 1,433
      edited December 2015
      I'm probably to tight in these situations, which I guess is down to my dym grinding, but I'd call here with 77+, a7s+, a10+, KJ+
    • Options
      edited December 2015
      To me 'loose reg' implies they're jamming very wide, as regs are jamming wider than average opponent anyway which is why I would call wider here than others might suggest. Otherwise I would definitely be similar to what others are suggesting
    • Options
      thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
      edited December 2015
      I'm curious about the calling with low pairs, even against a loose reg. I'd be happy to shove them with 8BBs because of fold equity but calling against overcards or over pairs? Does the money in the middle make the difference? If so at what point does it become +EV to call with a low pair? Great question Paul.

• Options
      GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
      edited December 2015
      22 is 50% to win vs atc
      while lambie has to invest 8652 to win 11652 which is 4:3
      = +ev

• Options
      thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 398
      edited December 2015
      22 is 50% to win vs atc while lambie has to invest 8652 to win 11652 which is 4:3 = +ev
      Posted by GELDY
      Thanks for that Geldy - much appreciated.
    • Options
      F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
      edited January 2016
      I'm curious about the calling with low pairs, even against a loose reg. I'd be happy to shove them with 8BBs because of fold equity but calling against overcards or over pairs? Does the money in the middle make the difference? If so at what point does it become +EV to call with a low pair? Great question Paul.
      Posted by thisltedu
      Depends how small a pair and how wide villain is shoving.

Assuming a wide(ish) range of A2s+, JTs+, QJ+, KQ+, 22+, 89s, 78s then we should still be folding 22 as it only has 35% equity and we need 42% equity to make a +ev call. 44 is just about a fold with 41.5% and 55 is a clear call at 45% equity.

With 55 we're a good fave against A5-A2 as well as against smaller pairs that villain will be shoving with. So that's where the extra equity comes from. 

Given the range I posted which seems reasonable above I would be calling with QJs+ (folding QJo but calling anything better off-suit) and 55 as said above would be the worst pair I would call with.
    • Options
      edited February 2016
      think with bounty aspect we can justify running it wider  than we would in a freezeout so think any pairs a reasonable call here
    • Options
      F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
      edited February 2016
      think with bounty aspect we can justify running it wider  than we would in a freezeout so think any pairs a reasonable call here
      Posted by FeelGroggy
      We're not too far off the money so we shouldn't be widening our range and making any call that is too -ev. I guess some of it also depends on the size of bounty. vs someone with the min-head prize then we really shouldn't make any call that is more than 1% wrong. But with a big head prize we can justify making maybe a 5-10% -ev call.
    • Options
      MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
      edited February 2016
      If we lose it has a really bad effect on our stack and thats more important than the upside of winning a bounty.