You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why can't we all get along

Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
I have to post this as it has just got too much for me to keep quiet about it any longer.

Why is it that every time I try and read threads, catch up on poker action, give my opinion to hopefully help out players, there is also at least one person who has to turn a positive thread into a negative, has to give out aggro or cause an argument.

Look I understand that in poker there is gonna be different opinions everywhere you look, for example the mathematical players may find it harder to see the views of the more mental, psychological players who can read wihtout too much hassle tells, even online, thats just how poker works. This is not what I am going on about however discussions and opinions are a part of life and are what we are looking for, disagreements are bound to happen but why do people have to cause aggro over them, why can't we be civil about this.

All this aggro is causing problems, people don't know if they are doing right for doing wrong, I know now reading some threads any thread I put up I will be worried someone will have some really silly or really argumentative thing to put that I don't want.

I am just gonna give an example naming no names other than my own. As most of you will probably be aware I had some hard times a couple of weeks back, had a few bad beats/bad plays and lost a bit of money from my BR, my mum being my mum was worried and I was considering leaving poker. Well cause of this I posted it on the forum for people to help me with my decision. Most people were very helpful and nice about the situation, suggesting only playing freerolls, sticking to low stake STT's, stuff like that, then you get the silly comments calling me a mummys boy, well frankly I am 19 part of me is still gonna listen to my mum lol.

However this did not bother me heard it all before all that, its still not the point there is no need for it in the first place.

Why is it so hard to try and be nice and civil with each other, that way everyone is happy and things work out nicely, oh and everyone will feel so much better for it trust me.

Spike2120

Comments

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2010

Hear hear Spike, unfortunately it seems every forum has its fair share of idiots who ruin it for everyone else. Don't let them get you down. Best of luck at the tables.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    if only we were all like you m8y,

the world would be a far better place,

i hope your mum reads above thread/post,

she should be very proud of you,

here's one guy that respects you loads ,

over and out roborover !

• Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited February 2010
    Sadly Spike, there are people who long for an argument on the threads. Pay no attention mate. 
    Personally it makes me laugh.

At the end of the day if you say White, its guaranteed someone will say Black, purely for Sh*t-Stirring Purposes and to satisfy themselves.

........as TK calls them "Aggro Merchants".
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Why can't we all get along:
    I have to post this as it has just got too much for me to keep quiet about it any longer. Why is it that every time I try and read threads, catch up on poker action, give my opinion to hopefully help out players, there is also at least one person who has to turn a positive thread into a negative, has to give out aggro or cause an argument. Look I understand that in poker there is gonna be different opinions everywhere you look, for example the mathematical players may find it harder to see the views of the more mental, psychological players who can read wihtout too much hassle tells, even online, thats just how poker works. This is not what I am going on about however discussions and opinions are a part of life and are what we are looking for, disagreements are bound to happen but why do people have to cause aggro over them, why can't we be civil about this. All this aggro is causing problems, people don't know if they are doing right for doing wrong, I know now reading some threads any thread I put up I will be worried someone will have some really silly or really argumentative thing to put that I don't want. I am just gonna give an example naming no names other than my own. As most of you will probably be aware I had some hard times a couple of weeks back, had a few bad beats/bad plays and lost a bit of money from my BR, my mum being my mum was worried and I was considering leaving poker. Well cause of this I posted it on the forum for people to help me with my decision. Most people were very helpful and nice about the situation, suggesting only playing freerolls, sticking to low stake STT's, stuff like that, then you get the silly comments calling me a mummys boy, well frankly I am 19 part of me is still gonna listen to my mum lol. However this did not bother me heard it all before all that, its still not the point there is no need for it in the first place. Why is it so hard to try and be nice and civil with each other, that way everyone is happy and things work out nicely, oh and everyone will feel so much better for it trust me. Spike2120
    Posted by Spike2120
    Totally agree with this. But agreeing with someone on another thread, who's just told a person who had a different opinion, to ''b u t t out'' doesn't really follow the philosophy does it?
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    As humans we're gifted with the power of free will.

This leads to differences in opinions and attitudes.

These clash.

Arguements happen.

Nothing has changed on any public internet forum since the inception of the internet.

In fact it hasn't changed since the birth of mankind (Tikay will tell you).

Deal with it.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    PS. If you're white, you're darn right I'm Black! :)
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited February 2010
    deadluck I aint got a problem dealing with it i just cant see why some people have to cause aggro and be nasty to other players on the forum theres no need thats all I am saying lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Why can't we all get along:
    In Response to Why can't we all get along : Totally agree with this. But agreeing with someone on another thread, who's just told a person who had a different opinion, to ''b u t t out'' doesn't really follow the philosophy does it?
    Posted by elsadog
    nopeeeeeeeeee !!!

not bitinggggggg  !
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited February 2010
    if everyone was nice to each other all the time, then this would be the worst forum in the world, controversy is good
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,572
    edited February 2010

In answer to the Thread title, it's because people seem unable to have a good debate (debates are excellent, that's what Forums are about) without resorting to vitriolic & personal comments.

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Why can't we all get along : nopeeeeeeeeee !!! not bitinggggggg  !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Go on ..... have a nibble!

• Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Why can't we all get along : Go on ..... have a nibble!
    Posted by elsadog
     pmsl love it !
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    if everyone was nice to each other all the time, then this would be the worst forum in the world, controversy is good
    Posted by webby234
    If only everybody was like Webby. How much better would this world be to live in?
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Time for a song me thinks
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    excellent ,

may i dare suggest to put this link up on the,

serious hu action thread.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited February 2010
    Is it just me or does TK look suspiciously like Father Abrahams..................  but with a shave.   MMmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    igeige Member Posts: 121
    edited February 2010
    Is it just me or does TK look suspiciously like Father Abrahams..................  but with a shave.   MMmmmmmmmmmm
    Posted by JockBMW
    my daughter informs me he looks like the ref on gladiators lol
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Why can't we all get along : my daughter informs me he looks like the ref on gladiators lol
    Posted by ige
    He does a bit....

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited February 2010
    Got that **** Smurf song stuck in my head!
  • Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited February 2010
    Posted by webby234
    i love webby.. he always says what im thinking..