You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

were am i going wrong or am i hoping for 2 much????

jakx85jakx85 Member Posts: 40
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So im asking anyone and everyone if at all possible to please please view my stats and game play and give me any advice on were i am going wrong (if im going wrong)...... All i really play is tourneys on limited funds which i wont disclose at this point for personal reasons and for sympothy advice!!! given this and my situation should i also play cash games to increase my bank roll to play tourneys as i stated tourneys are the only games i play really as a whole..... so say i top up £20-£30 week (just an example) i will play this all on tourneys normally.... is this were im going wrong and should i be trying to cash on cash tables before say entering a tourney.... tourneys i normally stick to are £5.75 bountys also play deepstack tourneys, plus a couple of sats now and again..... Thanks to  all that take the time to read and any input would be amazing thanks again jakx85.... Happy playing peeps... :) 

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    edited January 2016
    Hi  Jax,

Do you know how to post hands in the Forum ?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    secaSmall blind £0.02£0.02£2.79
    AcekumarBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.25
    Butch21Sit out    
     Your hole cards
    • K

Martz2005Fold    
    mumsieFold    
    jcollyerCall £0.04£0.10£4.68
    secaCall £0.02£0.12£2.77
    AcekumarCheck    
    Flop

• J

secaCheck    
    AcekumarCheck    
    jcollyerCheck    
    Turn

• J

secaBet £0.04£0.16£2.73
    AcekumarCall £0.04£0.20£1.21
    jcollyerCall £0.04£0.24£4.64
    River

secaCheck    
    AcekumarCheck    
    jcollyerCheck    
    lllllllkkjjhhhShow
    • K

AcekumarShow
    • A

jcollyerShow

jcollyerWinTwo Pairs, Jacks and 5s£0.22 £4.86
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    heres how I posted the above post.

there are quicker ways.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: were am i going wrong or am i hoping for 2 much????:
    Hi  Jax, Do you know how to post hands in the Forum ?
    Posted by mumsie
    hey Mumsie, No im not very sure how to i will take a look at the link and hopefully learn how to. thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    heres how I posted the above post. there are quicker ways. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwc8VzwqiAI
    Posted by mumsie
    Hi Charles thank you very much for that ive looked at the video you uploaded and was of great help. so thanks again. will upload some hand history for comments and advice...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dtd115Small blind 100.00100.009017.50
    hathecheweBig blind 200.00300.006247.50
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

kylee266Fold    
    jakx85All-in 6925.007225.000.00
    77gooner77Fold    
    madirish89Fold    
    dtd115Call 6825.0014050.002192.50
    hathecheweFold    
    dtd115Show
    • K
    • K

jakx85Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

Turn

• Q

River

dtd115WinPair of Kings14050.00 16242.50
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    as you can see above i slammed my chips in and walked into kings, so this is simply my mistake, i find a fold if i  just raised pre flop instead of going all in.... will upload more this was just a tester to see if it worked.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    kylee266Small blind 100.00100.004120.00
    jakx85Big blind 200.00300.005525.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

77gooner77Fold    
    madirish89Call 200.00500.007565.00
    dtd115Call 200.00700.009617.50
    hathecheweFold    
    kylee266Fold    
    jakx85Raise 400.001100.005125.00
    madirish89Call 400.001500.007165.00
    dtd115Call 400.001900.009217.50
    Flop

• J

jakx85All-in 5125.007025.000.00
    madirish89Fold    
    dtd115Fold    
    jakx85Show
    • A
    • A

jakx85Win 1900.00 1900.00
    jakx85Return 5125.000.007025.00
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    as you can see above i slammed my chips in and walked into kings, so this is simply my mistake, i find a fold if i  just raised pre flop instead of going all in.... will upload more this was just a tester to see if it worked.
    Posted by jakx85

HI JaKx ,

I had a look at your tournie graph on sharkscope ,your tournie results are better than mine, Im getting help with my game, I think if I were to comment on your play, I would be way off mark, your probably in a better position to give me advice on my plays. Someone else will pop along and help here.

Now that bits out of the way.

I can see a flaw in your thinking logic here though. So I can probs help here,but  not with the specific hand.

" i slammed my chips in and walked into kings, so this is simply my mistake"

Your saying its a mistake , after you found out what he had.

What about before you found out, was shoving a mistake before he showed up with KK ?

If he showed up with 76 , and bagged a fluke straight, would your shove have been a mistake ?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    mumsie your totally right i didnt know what he had so thinking about it that way it can always be the right move but odd time its going to be the wrong shove when we run into a made hand..... i take beats like this very well as there awsome cards its the bad beats the lucky calls i get a bit miffed at but that is poker thro and thro! I will be sharing the link you gave me with other players to show them how to upload their hand history i hope you dont mind as this is very helpful and great for thr forum i should think. cheers again.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2016
    Open shoving any hand for 35bb is never gonna be good, without very player specific reads with the people to act.

The raise in the AA hand is a bit too small, and shoving the flop loses you so much value (unless you are pretty confident someone calls off with Jx, but even then you give them the chance to get away from it easy enough) I wouldn't show your hand either, just giving away free info by doing that.

Good luck.
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited January 2016
    Regarding your AK shove. You're giving the villains 35/1 odds to beat you. The chances of being dealt AA or KK is about 1 in 110, so with 4 hands left about 1 in 28. However, since you have an A and a K in your hand it's about 1 in 60 that one of the four players has AA or KK. Getting in AK with anything up to 50 BB is rarely incorrect mathematically. This assumes that you really don't mind someone calling with QQ.

However, we're not playing mathematics, we're playing poker. With 35BB you still have loads of play and really don't need to be doing this at all. Shoving is the play of someone who is uncomfortable playing down the streets and you're better than that.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for input and advice BigBluster.... after playing the hand probably safe to say even as i shove here im half regretting it already as im thinking a raise would of maybe been the better option seeing a flop and going from there im certain of a fold if the villian bets into me.... this been said i made the move so im prepared to get a call and dont mind the beat as the villian had a great hand obvs.... thanks again BigBluster..
  • Options
    BigRonnieCBigRonnieC Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for input and advice BigBluster.... after playing the hand probably safe to say even as i shove here im half regretting it already as im thinking a raise would of maybe been the better option seeing a flop and going from there im certain of a fold if the villian bets into me.... this been said i made the move so im prepared to get a call and dont mind the beat as the villian had a great hand obvs.... thanks again BigBluster..
    Posted by jakx85
    It is hard to fold AK in certain situations, but with 35 BB it is reckless to shove. Even if I could see the other guy's screen I wouldn't do it. 3 bet him for an amount that says I have a hand and see what happens. If he checks an ace flop, go for it, if he reraises pre I probably call. If he bets a low card flop I grit my teeth and mutter how bad AK is.
  • Options
    BigRonnieCBigRonnieC Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2016
    Posted by jakx85
    It is hard to fold AK in certain situations, but with 35 BB it is reckless to shove. Even if I could see the other guy's screen I wouldn't do it. 3 bet him for an amount that says I have a hand and see what happens. If he checks an ace flop, go for it, if he reraises pre I probably call. If he bets a low card flop I grit my teeth and mutter how bad AK is.
  • Options
    mrleemr1mrleemr1 Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    In tournies try to stick to raising 2-2.1 without antes with 40 bbs or less. By this I mean, if the blinds are 50-100 we would open for 200-220. This then allows us to lose less for our bluffs and just in general is good for tournament survival.

I dont know the volume that you have put into cash, or the stakes.
    But unless your playing in the region of say 500 hours/4 tabling cash games we cant say how well you do in them, and that is purely a rough guide.

Judging by what you have said, I would say to you if you are profitable in cash consistnely, and feel you are in tournaments and want to play both.

1. Plan your scehdule, know the tournaments your playing and dont be afraid to check the registrations to see if you see many people you feel you have noted and feel you have an edge against, feel out the field.

2. Utiliize a strict bankroll management untill you are comfortable with not re-loading week in week out.

3. Playing cash games and tournaments is mentally straining, be sure to rest and relax in between tournaments. Playing for 4 hours and winning nothing whilst grinding cash is soul destroying, especially if your down at cash then your only hope of getting out the hole is a tourn bink.

Imo I would set aside 10 Bi's of cash games per table that you wish to play. So for example, if you play 10nl (100bb) I would have £100 and 1 table this.
    If you are playing 2 tables I would have £200
    3 tables £300 etc.

£400 and 4 tabling is enough.

As tracking number of hands on sky is difficult lets just assume our win rate is £4 p/h.

You could then play 2 tourns a day maybe? 

you have consistent income and get to play 2 tourns a day.

So for example, how about save up, put £200 on the account. 2 table max and maintain 100% focus. Assume your win rate is £2 p/h ( it may be higher but w/e) 
    If you are playing tournaments for £5.75 you could play maybe 1 a day or w/e. If you lose 5 Bi's in a row dont play a tourn untill cash has replenished this money. 

Very very importantly track all your resiults, even track the hours played if you want. This will give you a far better understanding of the level your at and the work you need to put into your game
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    HI Mrleemr1.... this is exactly the advice i was looking for and hoping to get so many thanks...... its been greatly took on board.... If you maybe have the time at all you can check my stats/stakes/games on sharkscope... but yes im going to take your advice and save up some bankroll then apply the method and take it from there... i do have a diary so will be adding further input to it on the knowledge you have given.. again many thanks Mrleemr1
  • Options
    mrleemr1mrleemr1 Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    Lee Michael Richards----- Add me on fb if want to discuss anything, can do a skype session maybe. I got lots to learn also so dw.

Gl mate
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Lee Michael Richards----- Add me on fb if want to discuss anything, can do a skype session maybe. I got lots to learn also so dw. Gl mate
    Posted by mrleemr1
    yes thats a great idea Lee will do that now, thanks.