You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Merit in c/call?

mrleemr1mrleemr1 Member Posts: 143
edited January 2016 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £10.58
 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.70
  Your hole cards

mrleemr1 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.40
TP(tight passive)Call  £0.60 £1.50 £24.47
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
Flop

mrleemr1 Bet  £1.20 £2.70 £18.20
TPCall  £1.20 £3.90 £23.27
Turn

mrleemr1 Bet  £3.00 £6.90 £15.20
TPCall  £3.00 £9.90 £20.27
River

mrleemr1 Check     
TPBet  £4.95 £14.85 £15.32
mrleemr1 Fold     
TPMuck     
TPWin  £9.40  £24.72
TPReturn  £4.95 £0.50 £29.67

Comments

• radiofed28radiofed28 Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2016
    Pre is far too loose imo.

As played yes you should ch/c imo since they could vb worse and possibly turn some made hands into bluffs, as well as the splits ofc. I suppose that you assume since he is so tight, that he has only fd here. But what fd does he have that calls pre if he is so tight? He can't have KQcc or any QXcc since you block it. Like the only thing he probably has is A5cc or something and he might have even folded that preflop if he is really so tight that you ch/f here. He raises AQ on flop/turn 99% of the time, too. 
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited January 2016
    Have I missed something? I just don't see how you can fold here. You're getting 3/1 and surely the straight will win at least 1 time in 4 to break even? Unless I've completely misread the hand, I just don't see how you can fold this to the half-pot bet on the end.

• mrleemr1mrleemr1 Member Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    To get to this river he is always going to have 1p+.

Does my opponent check back 2p+ I think so.

Does he fold jx with no draws on turn, I think so.

River he is getting here with 1p very rare.

So if im right in thinking I am chopping or beat a large proportion of the time I dont think that my odds are correct to c/call and I get to c/fold. My logic
  • grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited January 2016
    think i prefer a fold pre but w/e

river looks more like a b/f to me if villain passive
    edited January 2016
    I wanna get in pots vs sb/bb with good reason, I feel q9o is more than good enough
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Merit in c/call?:
    Pre is far too loose imo. As played yes you should ch/c imo since they could vb worse and possibly turn some made hands into bluffs, as well as the splits ofc. I suppose that you assume since he is so tight, that he has only fd here. But what fd does he have that calls pre if he is so tight? He can't have KQcc or any QXcc since you block it. Like the only thing he probably has is A5cc or something and he might have even folded that preflop if he is really so tight that you ch/f here. He raises AQ on flop/turn 99% of the time, too. 
    Posted by radiofed28
    I dont assume he has Fd only.
    He is not Value betting worst here lets be honest. 2sets/2p he is gonna check back.

And if I am chopping or beat then its an easy fold. 
  • Chrissy_CChrissy_C Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2016
    Got to check call here, makes it a little more meh cosu say he is passive so there is slightly less chance he is bluffing but it's still a call imo, agree with radiofed he can be turning made hands into a bluff here, I'd probs also say he bets bigger with a flush here.... He doesn't have AQ, I agree he checks back two pair A large amount here, he can at times here have called flop with Acjx Ac10x then on turn got stubborn and just be trying to take it away on river when scare card hits, so I think your losing a small amount of times here, choping a large portion and winning a reasonable amount too. 
    edited January 2016
    okay, thankyou
  • grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited January 2016
    why do people think c/c>>b/f v tight passive?

Suppose it depends exactly how tight and how passive he is
  • radiofed28radiofed28 Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Merit in c/call?:
    why do people think c/c />>b/f v tight passive? Suppose it depends exactly how tight and how passive he is
    Posted by grantorino
    I only meant when he didn't bet himself he should ch/c, personally I would b/f very small and expect weak players to call off worse hands often enough.