You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

TOP 10 MISTAKES for newbies and novices(long post)

stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,685
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
these come out of a book i read a fews years back if your just starting i think it will help imo some may or may not agree but this book helped me immensely so here goes
1.Don,t play too many starting hands.Keep your game tight
Don,t draw without the proper odds.Dont,t call big bets with third-rate draws to straights or flushes thats for losers
Don,t call big bets on the river with marginal hands.That can be very expensive unless you have a specific reason to think your oppo is bluffing(which is,nt often)
Don,t be to passive.Don,t give free or cheap cards because your scared to bet.Even if you,re not sure you,re in the lead,it it often right to bet anyway.If your worried about being outdrawn,you should be more inclined to bet,not less
5.Don,t slowplay without sufficient strengh.Don,t mistakenly think your good hands are invulnerable.Don,t slowplay big pairs pre-flop.Dont give your oppos free or cheap cards unless you,re confident you won,t be outdrawn,and that you,ll earn more money by doing so
Don,t bluff too much.you want your oppos to fold to your bluffs,so bluff relatively rarely but make it convincing when you do
Don,t forget to change gears.Playing the same way all the time makes it easier for your oppo to read you.
Dont ignore position.Its almost more important than your cards
Don,t ignore your opponents.make it your mission to watch and categorise their every move
Don,t play at too high stakes, or in games you can,t beat.thats the easiest and quickest way to lose money

so there you have it i should read these more often to sharpen up me own game lol hope this helps.
the books called playing poker to win by andrea and dan shavick

Comments