You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

what is going on!!!????

jakx85jakx85 Member Posts: 40
edited January 2016 in Strategy
So im at a cash table been there 3 to 4 hours improved my stack 4 fold..... nice game going on lts of friendly chat.... player joins, i say player im not sure it was a player!!! i get AA i 4 bet i get 2 callers  flop come 7 3 10 so i bet the pot i get 1 caller turn k i go all in £20+ i get called with 22?????????????????? river 2!!!! he hits set...... what the ****??? the guy calls £20 on 22 and basically goes on whipping the table everyone getting beat by just a kicker or something stupid..... this was my first real attempt at cash game..... how the **** am is uppose to go back and play again when ya getting beat like that.... i know under pairs can beat over pairs but who calls that really, other than bots... the table was going mad hence we all quit the table after losing so bad after all those hours of play..... i want to share some good stories some good hands but seems its quite hard to, so what do i do???? am i a bad loser??? or a bad player im thinking maybe a break for a few months as i dont come on here to play idiots/bots maybe im been a bit strong there but my god why cant i come to terms with that sh.t i was gob smacked to say the least.... thanks again sky from all the players ya placed the bot on

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813
    edited January 2016

I moved this to "Cash Strategy" for you Jakx, though "Brags, Beats & Variance" may have been the correct Board.

My advice, if you can't take a beat without suggesting there is something improper about the site, is not to play cash.

Trying to figure why players do what may seem the oddest things is something that fascinates us all, but it is what it is, & ultimately, losing to an underpair is perfectly standard, it happens every day on every site to every player. If you play 3 or 4 hours every night, you will suffer bad beats every single night, without exception. That's just how poker works, & you are not alone in struggling to understand it. 

However, you have no right at all to suggest this site is run improperly, or that it permits "bots" just because you took a beat.    

edited January 2016

PS - It was only just over 12 hours ago that you wrote this.....

".....ive done my fair share of moaning and will probably still moan at the bad beats but im not gonna think its rigged when i see live hands get dealt like that all the time....."

".....if someone wants to call you with a bad hand an win dont be to cut up about it,, make a note of the player and how loose they play, cash in on this later on...."
  • Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited January 2016
    In Response to what is going on!!!????:
    So im at a cash table been there 3 to 4 hours improved my stack 4 fold..... nice game going on lts of friendly chat.... player joins, i say player im not sure it was a player!!! i get AA i 4 bet i get 2 callers  flop come 7 3 10 so i bet the pot i get 1 caller turn k i go all in £20+ i get called with 22?????????????????? river 2!!!! he hits set...... what the ****??? the guy calls £20 on 22 and basically goes on whipping the table everyone getting beat by just a kicker or something stupid..... this was my first real attempt at cash game..... how the **** am is uppose to go back and play again when ya getting beat like that.... i know under pairs can beat over pairs but who calls that really, other than bots... the table was going mad hence we all quit the table after losing so i want to share some good stories some good hands but seems its quite hard to, so what do i do???? am i a bad loser??? or a bad player im thinking maybe a break for a few months as i dont come on here to play idiots/bots maybe im been a bit strong there but my god why cant i come to terms with that sh.t i was gob smacked to say the least.... thanks again sky from all the players ya placed the bot on
    Posted by jakx85
    Interesting post sir

First two bolded areas are quite easy  - If you have played for between 3 and 4 hours and improved stack 4 fold - there must be some good hands and stories to share?  Please post up some of those hands would be great to see.

Bad loser vs bad player? well I can tell you - I am at times a very bad loser and that normally leads to me being a really bad player!! hand in hand really, they fit like a pair of cheap gloves.

Idiots / bots - well we want to play the idiots (people who call 22 on the turn) and the results, all though frustrating, are irrelavat as you did everything right to get it in as a huge favourite.  There will be times of course, as played, you will be up against a 2 pair hand and be a dog - until the board pairs on the river and you jump up and down for 10 seconds and completely forget your good fortune when you loose the very next orbit - human nature.

As for this bots idea (totally rubish) and further disproved by the 22 call.  a "bot" would surely play based soley on maths.  No one knows what the river is - is a random number generator so I doubt even the system itself knows the river until its time to act.   A bot would fold the flop, or if an aggro bot may of been tilting a had a fused circuit which lead to it punting it in, knowing was behind, praying for luck - and the old - whatever if we lost and simply reload.

There are some great threads on here - one TK has commented on that I can not find was a particually good read.  It pointed out that you could join a table, such as yours above, see a guy playing "speclitively" shall we say, get there on every hand and crush you all, what you do not see - his long term stats where is a loosing player, the table he / she fires up once you all quit and loose 10 BI.  

If getting tilted by the beats - drop levels, take breaks etc. I have learnt that the less the money matters (i.e. within bank role) less the beat, however anoying it may be.

Hope you see the light at end of tunnel - post some hands - let some pro's give you some tips - those who wish to progress will listen, those who think it is all a rigged game will sadly continue to loose and not enjoy the beauty of the game.

PS - I accidently joined a DYM omaha hi low - yo uwant to see ebats - play that - I had no idea how i won a hand with a set of AA but managed to loose half the pot to someone with 7 high - amazing game !!

edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: what is going on!!!????:
    In Response to what is going on!!!???? : Interesting post sir First two bolded areas are quite easy  - If you have played for between 3 and 4 hours and improved stack 4 fold - there must be some good hands and stories to share?  Please post up some of those hands would be great to see. Bad loser vs bad player? well I can tell you - I am at times a very bad loser and that normally leads to me being a really bad player!! hand in hand really, they fit like a pair of cheap gloves. Idiots / bots - well we want to play the idiots (people who call 22 on the turn) and the results, all though frustrating, are irrelavat as you did everything right to get it in as a huge favourite.  There will be times of course, as played, you will be up against a 2 pair hand and be a dog - until the board pairs on the river and you jump up and down for 10 seconds and completely forget your good fortune when you loose the very next orbit - human nature. As for this bots idea (totally rubish) and further disproved by the 22 call.  a "bot" would surely play based soley on maths.  No one knows what the river is - is a random number generator so I doubt even the system itself knows the river until its time to act.   A bot would fold the flop, or if an aggro bot may of been tilting a had a fused circuit which lead to it punting it in, knowing was behind, praying for luck - and the old - whatever if we lost and simply reload. There are some great threads on here - one TK has commented on that I can not find was a particually good read.  It pointed out that you could join a table, such as yours above, see a guy playing "speclitively" shall we say, get there on every hand and crush you all, what you do not see - his long term stats where is a loosing player, the table he / she fires up once you all quit and loose 10 BI.   If getting tilted by the beats - drop levels, take breaks etc. I have learnt that the less the money matters (i.e. within bank role) less the beat, however anoying it may be. Hope you see the light at end of tunnel - post some hands - let some pro's give you some tips - those who wish to progress will listen, those who think it is all a rigged game will sadly continue to loose and not enjoy the beauty of the game. PS - I accidently joined a DYM omaha hi low - yo uwant to see ebats - play that - I had no idea how i won a hand with a set of AA but managed to loose half the pot to someone with 7 high - amazing game !!  
    Posted by Nuggy962

Ha, if someone can't take a standard beat in NLH, they should NEVER venture near PLO or PLO8.

Last night I had, in different games, a straight flush & a royal flush. I got half the pot on both occasions. 

In a 30 game session, I reckon I have Aces beat at least 10 times. I beat Aces just as many times, too. In Omaha, they are never far ahead.

Poker is a game which shows our character. Beats will ALWAYS happen, to everyone, every night.

And did anyone, ever, win a MTT without outdrawing a few folks along the way? I very much doubt it.   

• jakx85jakx85 Member Posts: 40
    edited January 2016
    Had a bad beat, bit too much of a rant really. ive slept now! we learn from it all i suppose never mind i dont think i will give up just yet..
    edited January 2016
    Had a bad beat, bit too much of a rant really. ive slept now! we learn from it all i suppose never mind i dont think i will give up just yet..
    Posted by jakx85
    not***not give up just yet.
    edited January 2016
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Dr_IbbsSmall blind 15.0015.001895.00
    Skip123Big blind 30.0045.004445.00
     Your hole cards

cenachavFold    
    royals69Call 30.0075.001992.50
    eatingCall 30.00105.001745.00
    jakx85Call 30.00135.001685.00
    Dr_IbbsCall 15.00150.001880.00
    Skip123Check    
    Flop

Dr_IbbsCheck    
    Skip123Check    
    royals69Bet 150.00300.001842.50
    eatingFold    
    jakx85All-in 1685.001985.000.00
    Dr_IbbsFold    
    Skip123Fold    
    royals69Call 1535.003520.00307.50
    royals69Show
    • K

jakx85Show

Turn

River

jakx85WinFour 7s3520.00 3520.00
    edited January 2016
    a good hand!  this was not from the cash table tho
    edited January 2016
    killariverSmall blind £0.04£0.04£7.64
    marc1960Big blind £0.08£0.12£2.86
     Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Warren74Call £0.08£0.20£15.39
    nin777Call £0.08£0.28£7.14
    jakx85Raise £0.44£0.72£4.26
    killariverFold    
    marc1960Call £0.36£1.08£2.50
    Warren74Fold    
    nin777Fold    
    Flop

• K

marc1960Check    
    jakx85Bet £0.54£1.62£3.72
    marc1960All-in £2.50£4.12£0.00
    jakx85Call £1.96£6.08£1.76
    marc1960Show

jakx85Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

jakx85WinThree Kings£5.62 £7.38
    edited January 2016
    nin777Small blind £0.04£0.04£8.50
    jakx85Big blind £0.08£0.12£5.00
     Your hole cards

killariverFold    
    Cymraeg_TCall £0.08£0.20£12.59
    marc1960Fold    
    Warren74Fold    
    nin777Raise £0.20£0.40£8.30
    jakx85Call £0.16£0.56£4.84
    Cymraeg_TCall £0.16£0.72£12.43
    Flop

nin777Check    
    jakx85Bet £0.24£0.96£4.60
    Cymraeg_TCall £0.24£1.20£12.19
    nin777Fold    
    Turn

• K

jakx85Bet £0.32£1.52£4.28
    Cymraeg_TCall £0.32£1.84£11.87
    River

jakx85Bet £1.84£3.68£2.44
    Cymraeg_TFold    
    jakx85Muck    
    jakx85Win £1.70 £4.14
    jakx85Return £1.84£0.14£5.98
    edited January 2016
    cuzza64Small blind £0.04£0.04£15.66
    someboy701Big blind £0.08£0.12£7.26
     Your hole cards

reebowsFold    
    jakx85Call £0.08£0.20£6.95
    nin777Raise £0.32£0.52£7.04
    layla1975Fold    
    cuzza64Fold    
    someboy701Call £0.24£0.76£7.02
    jakx85Call £0.24£1.00£6.71
    Flop

• Q

someboy701Check    
    jakx85Check    
    nin777Check    
    Turn

someboy701Check    
    jakx85Bet £1.00£2.00£5.71
    nin777Fold    
    someboy701Fold    
    jakx85Muck    
    jakx85Win £0.92 £6.63
    jakx85Return £1.00£0.08£7.63
    edited January 2016
    Posted by jakx85
    So do you still think there are bots here? That was the allegation you made.

"thanks again sky from all the players ya placed the bot on"
  • Sir-GarySir-Gary Member Posts: 1,052
    edited January 2016
    If the Bots play as badly as that, please bring them on. I used to multi table cash with a large number of tables open, when you do that you don't have time to chat or even think too much, so you have to play in an almost robotic fashion. I have frequently been called a bot because of it. The conversation in the chat box goes something like this:-
    Anon:- That gary is a bot the site should do something about these bots.
    Gary: - You call me a bot again and I shall blow a fuse.
    Anon:- All the bots say that
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: what is going on!!!???? : So do you still think there are bots here? That was the allegation you made. "thanks again sky from all the players ya placed the bot on"
    Posted by Tikay10
    No! i didnt mean per say he was a bot! I was refering to ''Bot'' play... player calling that has to be a machine! So does this mean i think he's an actual machine? No of course not, its just a reference... And as for the for thanks from everyone, well that was the table domina (im not to blame for that)... If you find your thing to comment on all the negitive post by definding that kind of play then so be it each to there own. It's a forum to share and express so let us express the feeling of bad play without you defending it!