You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

RIP David Jones

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,702
edited January 2016 in The Rail

The extraordinary David Jones, better known as David Bowie or even Ziggy Stardust, has passed away after suffering from cancer.

What a career he had, he did so many different & original things.

He must have amassed a considerable fortune, as he was very sharp.

What a man, what a talent, what a story.

RIP David.

Comments

• TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited January 2016

I saw on Twitter a rather apt way of describing his passing.  "The Earth has been around for Billions of years and somehow we were lucky enough to exist at the same time as David Bowie."  Everything that can be said about him is being said several times over right now.  He was just a real hero of mine.

Here is what I believe to be his first known TV appearance, aged 17.  And it's got nothing to do with music. Just brilliant.

• Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited January 2016
    Just a shame that kids nowadays will never know the real true meaning of real music. Too many manufactured pop bands and not a lot of talent. Another awesome musical genius gone.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,225
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: RIP David Jones:
    Just a shame that kids nowadays will never know the real true meaning of real music. Too many manufactured pop bands and not a lot of talent. Another awesome musical genius gone.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Well said +1
  • ScotsLionScotsLion Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2016
    Well said Tikay.....
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,817
    edited January 2016
      He's gone, but his Music lives on.............. like Freddie Mercury, Marc Bolan, ect.  They never die really. We may see him again when we ......find ......  Life on Mars.?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,790
    edited January 2016
    I heard some talk on the Radio today of changing the National anthem from God Save the Queen to perhaps a Bowie song. Hope it becomes a truism.