You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

UKPC Late Reg

bh0ywndrbh0ywndr Member Posts: 14
edited February 2016 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hi,

Won a seat to UKPC tonight, just wondering what the deal is with late reg for day 1C.

I know on the day the tournament starts at 12:00 and late reg is open til 16:40 but as a qualifier do my chips go straight into play at 12:00 or can I show up at like 14:00 and get a full starting stack?

Tyty :)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,684
    edited January 2016

Morning,

I'm not sure of the answer to that, but I'll find out for you today.

Many congrats on winning your seat. How did you win it, Freeroll, or Satellite?

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the swift response Tikay!

I got in thru the £52 satellite then the qualifier last night. :)

I can save £100+ on travel/hotel by coming down from up north on the Saturday morning. Would likely miss the first level or 2 which shouldn't cost me too much in chips anyway I guess, but would still be nice if I could get a full stack when I get there.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: UKPC Late Reg:
    Thanks for the swift response Tikay! I got in thru the £52 satellite then the qualifier last night. :) I can save £100+ on travel/hotel by coming down from up north on the Saturday morning. Would likely miss the first level or 2 which shouldn't cost me too much in chips anyway I guess, but would still be nice if I could get a full stack when I get there.
    Posted by bh0ywndr
    Incred, very well done.

I've not heard back from Simon Trumper yet, as he's pretty busy with that Manchester thing, but as soon as he replies, I'll let you know.

Tighty did reply, he is 90% certain he knows the answer, but I think we'd best wait for Mr Trumper to reply, just in case, & we have plenty of time yet. 

I won't forget.  
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Cheers boss!

I'd like to book a train asap so even if I know that I'll definitely get a seat if I show up at 1.30pm-2pm that would be good enough for me I think (even if my stack is already getting blinded off).
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Hi Bud.

I've not heard back yet from Simon Trumper, he's very busy up at Old Trafford this week.

However, to be clear, your seat IS Guaranteed.

Their is a choice between having your chips in play from the start, & blinding a few away due to late arrival, & keeping them out of play until you arrive, which was my question to Simon, I asked him if we could do the latter. 

The problem with keeping them out of play until you arrive is that by then, you will officially become an "alternate", & it's quite possible - very likely in fact - that you may have to wait a few hours to take your seat.

Personally, I'd go for Option 1, & have them in play from the get go.

Let's see what he says, but for now, be assured, your seat IS guaranteed. 

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for another quick reply Tikay!

Agree with you that it'd be best to just blind off rather than become an alternate. Way better to start with 47-48k at 100/200/25 than 50k at 250/500/50 or something lol.

So long as my seat is guaranteed it's all good though. Would still like to know from Simon if you can get hold of him just to be 100% sure but thanks a lot for all your help :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

^^^

Yup, agreed. Your chips will be in play from the very start.

When you arrive, come see Tighty or myself, & we'll find your seat allocation.

When Simon Trumper does reply, yes, I'll let you know what he says.

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay,

Just to confirm, I won't get there on Sat til about 1.30-2pm. I'm already a DTD member, have ID etc so that won't be an issue, but if I just walk in, find you for seat allocation my chips will already be in play and I can sit down straight away yes? Ty.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Hi Bud,

I am now informed that your chips CANNOT be in play from Noon, instead, go to the Cash Desk as soon as you arrive, & you'll be allocated your table & seat draw.

See you Saturday afternoon.