You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

why use neteller???

bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

what advantages does neteller have over depositing direct from your debit/credit card?? i signed up with them just to see.. i deposited £11 ready to play the open and they cahrge 1.75%???

why use them when we can send money direct to sky for free??

+ they charge to withdraw monies!!

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    Some people cant use bank accounts etc, and some players have neteller/moneybookers/paypal accounts already to work with other sites (particularly american ones).

As it is i've been told Skys withdrawal process is ultra fast. Sounds great.
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2010
    In Response to why use neteller???:
    what advantages does neteller have over depositing direct from your debit/credit card?? i signed up with them just to see.. i deposited £11 ready to play the open and they cahrge 1.75%??? why use them when we can send money direct to sky for free?? + they charge to withdraw monies!!
    Posted by daz231023
    credit card depositing is almost twice as costly(3% fee)  so neteller is an improvement on that.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    It's not a problem on here as i beleive sky accept solo / electron but a lot of the time sites refuse these (as you can get them when under 18). So people who only have these bank accounts often already have a Neteller account which holds there poker roll, this means they can now deposit from that account on here.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited February 2010
    i dont see the need for it if you have visa,delta etc,i have withdrawn  from sky and it has gone straight into my account within 2 hours..with no charges
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: why use neteller???:
    i dont see the need for it if you have visa,delta etc,i have withdrawn  from sky and it has gone straight into my account within 2 hours..with no charges
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    There isn't a need o nhere specifically but people will already have these accounts for other sites and now have the option to use them on here if required
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,245
    edited February 2010

Simply, it's the ability to move money between sites quickly.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited February 2010
    takes 2-3 days for me on a visa.  so how quick is neteller, and do you mean move money between poker sites?.  didnt think sky wud have any of that
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I'm no expert on netteller but i beleive they have a facility which makes transactions seem instantanious (they are not, netteller just credits the money while it waits on the bank to complete). This may mean that you can withdraw from FT today and place that directly onto Sky without the wait of 2 - 3 days for it to credit into your bank account. so your "Bank Roll" may be spread between 5 or 6 sites and if you do your roll on one site you can move it from another to refill - But as i say this is just my understanding from info i have gleened and may be incorrect

• Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited February 2010
    because its creamy, it spreads well and it tastes oh so nice, oh wait.....
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: why use neteller???:
    because its creamy, it spreads well and it tastes oh so nice, oh wait.....
    Posted by hurst05
    BALLS I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO THAT GAG