You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blogs V - We want you!

Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat

Hi Everyone,

ok, so it's that time already. it only seems like last week that the current batch started their Sky Poker Blogging Journey. hopefully they all enjoyed it and hopefully you all enjoyed their fantastic efforts!

Before we start, a massive 'thank you' and 'well done' must go out to Talon, Dingdell and Flutnush.

ok, so on with the show....

The time has come to start the search for the next batch of user bloggers...

for those who haven't seen before or those who need a quick refresh, i posted this about a month ago...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and LML to name but a few.
This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site.

What you have to do
If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for about a month or so then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far.

What to blog about?
You can blog about....just about... anything, that is the beauty of bloging. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading.

Please post here if you're interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so.

To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs on the community homepage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so who wants to play a major part in Sky Poker history and be one of a lucky few able to write and publish blogs for Sky Poker?

if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so.

all the best guys...

Comments

• Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited February 2010
    I definately think it is time for Loonytoons, Noseybonk, Elsadog, Merenovice and Ladyfngers threw their hats into the ring.

A mixture of serious poker and crazyness.

Well, Loonytoons, only if he stops upsetting me!!!

Born in 72, I ask ya!
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited February 2010
    I think the best person to do it is .............. well me actually lol
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2010
    Hi All,

I'll start by saying that i'm NOT putting my name forward this time and that i'm not trying to offend anyone, so i'm sorry if you think that, with what i'm about to say, but nothing could be further from the truth.

Originally, this was to find people willing to step up and take part, BUT, it seems to have become a popularity contest, even before some have had a chance to declare themselves interested.

I wish all those chosen time round all the best and look forward to reading their blogs.

col
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs V - We want you!:
    BUT, it seems to have become a popularity contest
    Posted by mr_mbro

i'm sorry you think this Col.

this wasn't/isn't the intention at all, so if you're interested in writing a blog just post on this thread.

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    Hi All, I'll start by saying that i'm NOT putting my name forward this time and that i'm not trying to offend anyone, so i'm sorry if you think that, with what i'm about to say, but nothing could be further from the truth. Originally, this was to find people willing to step up and take part, BUT, it seems to have become a popularity contest, even before some have had a chance to declare themselves interested. I wish all those chosen time round all the best and look forward to reading their blogs. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Please remember that prospective bloggers have to volunteer, and sky rich not the forum members pick the chosen ones, and as for being a popularity contest, i think that past posts have to be taken into account by the selector, as for me i cant do a blogg this month as im up to my eyes in coursework, but maybe in march or april i will put my name forward for consideration. Also i believe that forum members should put names forward as a recommendation, there is nothing wrong with that, for the record, i would love to read a ladyfingr blogg, as he put his name forward last time and wasnt selected and can be very funny. One final point, im sure there will be plenty of opportunity for all to blogg in the comming months so nothing to be worried about if you aint selected this time.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs V - We want you! : i'm sorry you think this Col. this wasn't/isn't the intention at all, so if you're interested in writing a blog just post on this thread.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Guys

As i said i didnt want to offend anyone, especially Rich, and i havent spat my dummy out over this, I just think that people should not nominate others before they have shown interest, thats all.

Sorry Rich, I know that isnt the case(to the above that you picked out), but if you look back on the last one there were a lot of these type of posts and on this one there was one straight away(sorry Haley). This can lead to people feeling there is no point in nominating, when there is such support for others. Like i said, i have received some good support in the past, but maybe a suggestion would be to PM Sky Rich, if you want to participate in this and let Rich pick from those names, without ANY outside influence.(not that i think you take to much notice Rich).

Anyway rant over gl guys

col
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited February 2010
    I think it's great that people get encouragement, eg, flutnush might not have bothered to put himself forward if no-one had encouraged him.

I tried a rant myself in one of my blogs, but I'm sure colin would do a much better job

COME ON MATE--PUT YOURSELF UP FOR IT---HAVE A GO

BIT OF ENCOURAGEMENT LADS AND LASSES----YOU CAN'T BEAT A GOOD RANT---GO ON COLIN--YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited February 2010
    Blogging is fun, but amazing how much time you have to put into it if you want to make them semi-regular.

I think Sky-Rich should do a blog! ;) (Col that gets around the nominating players worry ;))
  • Options
    MAZERAIDERMAZERAIDER Member Posts: 72
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs V - We want you! : Please remember that prospective bloggers have to volunteer, and sky rich not the forum members pick the chosen ones, and as for being a popularity contest, i think that past posts have to be taken into account by the selector, as for me i cant do a blogg this month as im up to my eyes in coursework, but maybe in march or april i will put my name forward for consideration. Also i believe that forum members should put names forward as a recommendation, there is nothing wrong with that, for the record, i would love to read a ladyfingr blogg, as he put his name forward last time and wasnt selected and can be very funny. One final point, im sure there will be plenty of opportunity for all to blogg in the comming months so nothing to be worried about if you aint selected this time.
    Posted by loonytoons
    hi all i think its about time i put my hat in the ring, if you want me, i will be only two pleased to chat about poker, and life in general, and have a laugh or two
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited February 2010
    I think that mr mbro would do a fine blog so I'm proposing him. Lots of quality posts and a knowledgeable guy.

Throw your hat in the ring m8.
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    I think that mr mbro would do a fine blog so I'm proposing him. Lots of quality posts and a knowledgeable guy. Throw your hat in the ring m8.
    Posted by elsadog
    Yeah he gets my vote too.
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited February 2010
    No offence taken Col, at all.

As others point out, a little encouragement from other members goes a long way in someone plucking up the courage to put him or herself forward for a blog.

Many people may feel egotistical by nominating themselves, but a recommendation from another member would stop that.

Blogging is harder work than I realised at the time, but I found it great fun and a way of showing my creative side more than on the forum.

I dont see it as a popularity contest, more of a mark of respect for regular, informative and funny posters.

I for one would prefer to see a blog from an active member rather than an unknown.

As Ladyfngrs will no doubt confirm, we have had our little run ins in the past, this does not mean I dont respect his views or knowledge.

Plus I never actually nominated anyone, rather a suggestion that they throw their hat in the ring. Personally, I feel this is a different thing entirely.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok so we have Jock BMW and MAZERAIDER so far. any more for any more?
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010

i would love the following to put their names in the hat ,

if they so wish :

pokertrev [ the suit ]

ozzie   [ the  wizard ]

xfallenx [ the angel]

her mmm best m8  blackfish  [ mr black ]

candi  [ miss floss ]

come on guys/gals jump in to the hat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rover and out  !

p.s. guys/gals you must put your name forward on this thread to be nominated by rich !
  • Options
    SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited February 2010
    Id like too also add someone who I think his blogs, would be a great read and have some good stories. LJAMESL please add your name. I love to read all the blogs on here, some are fantastic reads!
  • Options
    SryULoseGGSryULoseGG Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010

I think one of the biggest names on sky poker has been missed out so i shall put his name forward:

lJamesl

One of the biggest winners on sky poker, he will be a credit to sky and am 100% he will make a great job just by looking at what he posts of forums!!!

lJamesl FTW!!!

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited February 2010
    Id like too also add someone who I think his blogs, would be a great read and have some good stories. LJAMESL please add your name. I love to read all the blogs on here, some are fantastic reads!
    Posted by Sharksbite

I think one of the biggest names on sky poker has been missed out so i shall put his name forward:

lJamesl

One of the biggest winners on sky poker, he will be a credit to sky and am 100% he will make a great job just by looking at what he posts of forums!!!

lJamesl FTW!!!

+3
  • Options
    lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
    edited February 2010
    Erm.. Thanks guys lol. As you can tell I might of mentioned about the possibility of me doing a blog on Sky and wondered what my friends would think if it... would it be a good read? 

Whether people would enjoy hearing about some of the live tornys I sometimes play, what I get upto in everyday life so on and so forth. Obviously with friends they aren't going to be harsh and say noway your blogs would be pointless no one cares about what your doing in the Poker world espesh the Sky community lol. 

But Luckily I have nice friends and they have sort of put my name forward, knowing I wouldn't mention myself without a little encouragement!

I used to have my own blog was a while ago now. But I stopped it as I didn't really want to keep mentioning my winnings all the time as some people might consider me just some bighead instead of actually enjoying my posts for what they are, a day in the life of a poker player.

If people would be interested in me posting a blog I would be more than happy too I don't think I would mention winning figures on here though I think that should be kept private as we had some controversy earlier in the week lol. I don't mind mentioning torny scores tho. I enjoy the forum and giving a bit back to you guys would be alot of fun :-D.
  • Options
    SryULoseGGSryULoseGG Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Erm.. Thanks guys lol. As you can tell I might of mentioned about the possibility of me doing a blog on Sky and wondered what my friends would think if it... would it be a good read?  Whether people would enjoy hearing about some of the live tornys I sometimes play, what I get upto in everyday life so on and so forth. Obviously with friends they aren't going to be harsh and say noway your blogs would be pointless no one cares about what your doing in the Poker world espesh the Sky community lol.  But Luckily I have nice friends and they have sort of put my name forward, knowing I wouldn't mention myself without a little encouragement! I used to have my own blog was a while ago now. But I stopped it as I didn't really want to keep mentioning my winnings all the time as some people might consider me just some bighead instead of actually enjoying my posts for what they are, a day in the life of a poker player. If people would be interested in me posting a blog I would be more than happy too I don't think I would mention winning figures on here though I think that should be kept private as we had some controversy earlier in the week lol. I don't mind mentioning torny scores tho. I enjoy the forum and giving a bit back to you guys would be alot of fun :-D.
    Posted by lJAMESl
    This is the exact reason i would love to see james with a blog on sky!!!
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    I'd love to read a blog on the high stakes by someone living it. James i think most would on here. We all have our opinion of the thread the other day but i think you should be free to put up wins and losses as you see fit. The numbers you deal in would probably be of great interest to the average Joe player and i for one would love to see a month worth of swings at your sort of stakes. (i think it would give people a realistic image of what moving up and playing at those stakes would mean on here)

This seams to be the only forum that has a touchy approach to wins and losses as this info is blasted around the net on all other forums where it's openly dissxused and the info is in the public domain. Your a classy guy and your not going to be naming people and what they lost so i'd not see a problem in mentioning your wins