You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

thoughts please plo8

weecheez1weecheez1 Member Posts: 1,680
edited December 2021 in Strategy
DarntootinSmall blind 150.00150.003430.00weecheez1Big blind 300.00450.001907.50 Your hole cards5910K   peterbon18Fold    xxxxRaise 1050.001500.001400.00DarntootinFold    weecheez1All-in 1907.503407.500.00xxxxxCall 1157.504565.00242.50weecheez1Show5910K   xxxxxShowQ42A   Flop  J8Q   Turn  J   River  3   weecheez1Win highStraight to the Queen4565.00 4565.00 No qualifying low hand

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    i was short stack with four people left and thought villan was trying to steal is it a good enough hand to make a stand as it turns out villan was mainly low handed and it got through
  • Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited January 2016
    No i would say its a fold

You have no lo hand for starters

And all cards are spades safer with a hand like A2310(even anything with a lo) or something with at least an Ace.

I would rather be shoving junk next hand than calling with this hand.

I am sure one of the proper plo8 boys will give a better answer
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    thanks stuarty i know it was a bad move even though it got through but my thinking was the flush or even the straight and i thought the raizer was stealing because i was playing tightly
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited January 2016
    I would definitely let that one go. Yes sometimes you have to call and hope when short on a plo8 bubble but not here.

You still have over 5 big blinds left if you fold. Odds are you will get a better hand and an unopened pot to raise into. Even the same or worse hand in an unopened pot gives you a better chance of winning chips as you often win the pot uncontested.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: thoughts please plo8:
    I would definitely let that one go. Yes sometimes you have to call and hope when short on a plo8 bubble but not here. You still have over 5 big blinds left if you fold. Odds are you will get a better hand and an unopened pot to raise into. Even the same or worse hand in an unopened pot gives you a better chance of winning chips as you often win the pot uncontested.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Thanks again phantom I guess that's why the raiser took the nip and told me to play bingo lol ah well onwards and upwards
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited January 2016
    Hi Cheez,

I don't mind a steal with that hand, it has some equity if you do get looked up (generally it will be an Ace combo hand that would do the looking up) as was adequately shown above.

However in general as the other lads have said, this is a pretty wide defence of your blind, you won't get many folds in that situation so a pass is the best option.

Remember because of the double pot portion we can play much shorter than hold em 5BB is plenty.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited January 2016
    Hi Cheez,  I don't mind a steal with that hand, it has some equity if you do get looked up (generally it will be an Ace combo hand that would do the looking up) as was adequately shown above. However in general as the other lads have said, this is a pretty wide defence of your blind, you won't get many folds in that situation so a pass is the best option. Remember because of the double pot portion we can play much shorter than hold em 5BB is plenty.
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    100% agree.

Never a need to panic or start shoving too early in PLO8, IMO.
  • Options
    Macacgirl1Macacgirl1 Member Posts: 865
    edited January 2016
    I didn't tell you to start playing bingo, I told you bingo is just a click away!

You'll realise over time cheezey, that when I make those comments, it's in humour.  Most of us give each other stick when we do something daft and most of us mean no malice, we don't take this game too seriously you know.  However, please accept my apologies if you thought I had a nark on, not the case, sorry. The amount of games I play, if I got narked at losing I'd be a walking ball of narkiness!

As others have said, it's a fold for you every day of the week. If you play those type of hands like that all the time, you will lose money and fast, you may as well open your frontdoor now and throw £50 away.

"villan was mainly low handed"

AQ42 is not mainly low handed.
    The ace acts both ways ,so is high,  the Q is high obviously.

I'd say your hand is probably gonna scoop one time in four, it will be in that sort of ballpark. You don't want to get them in with those odds all the time do you?
    Remember, no ace - bad, no low draw - bad.
    Simplest game in the world once you get your head around starting hands, when to raise and when to fold.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks macca but there is no need to apologise I was 100% in the wrong and it's me who should be apologising I was crabbit at the time after unsuccessfully dealing with dwp all day won't happen again 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Thanks macca but there is no need to apologise I was 100% in the wrong and it's me who should be apologising I was crabbit at the time after unsuccessfully dealing with dwp all day won't happen again 
    Posted by weecheez1

xxx
    It's the weekend!
    If you play over the weekend, you'll see that hand selection by many is very loose. If you make a mental note, you'll soon see that the standard hi-lo combo hands will come out on top.
    A(defo) +A and/or K, and/or Q, 4 and/or 3, and /or 2.
    Simples!
    Good Luck.

• Options
    edited January 2016

Can't emphasise enough Cheezy, BALANCED hands. You are rarely in trouble with a good balanced hand. 

And remember what Lady Twaddle said about having an Ace wherever possible.

When we have an Ace, & villain does not, we have a stunning advantage, because the Ace plays both ways. In effect, we have FIVE cards, & they only have FOUR. 

Nice odds, them.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I didn't tell you to start playing bingo, I told you bingo is just a click away! You'll realise over time cheezey, that when I make those comments, it's in humour.  Most of us give each other stick when we do something daft and most of us mean no malice, we don't take this game too seriously you know.  However, please accept my apologies if you thought I had a nark on, not the case, sorry. The amount of games I play, if I got narked at losing I'd be a walking ball of narkiness! As others have said, it's a fold for you every day of the week. If you play those type of hands like that all the time, you will lose money and fast, you may as well open your frontdoor now and throw £50 away. "villan was mainly low handed" AQ42 is not mainly low handed. The ace acts both ways ,so is high,  the Q is high obviously. I'd say your hand is probably gonna scoop one time in four, it will be in that sort of ballpark. You don't want to get them in with those odds all the time do you? Remember, no ace - bad, no low draw - bad. Simplest game in the world once you get your head around starting hands, when to raise and when to fold.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    I cried all night after you insulted me last night. Sobbed.  
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    GOOD!!!
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited January 2016
    With those two hands you are only 50:50 to win the high, and 0:100 to win the low. It's a dreadful shove. (No sugar coating from me, you got way too much of that from everyone else. 
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited January 2016
    With those two hands you are only 50:50 to win the high, and 0:100 to win the low. It's a dreadful shove. (No sugar coating from me, you got way too much of that from everyone else. 
    Posted by GELDY
    What are you thoughts on calling an Utg raiser with 10 6 when playing around 11 bigs Geldy?
    :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: thoughts please plo8 : What are you thoughts on calling an Utg raiser with 10 6 when playing around 11 bigs Geldy? :)
    Posted by Jac35
    I think it is an ambitious play, useful in certain situations such as playing on your mobile and willing to take a flip with what could be two live cards. 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Blurred vision is another plausible rationale. 
  • Options
    edited January 2016

That'd be GeldMode #27.

Weekdays only, if the date is an even number.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    No flies on you
    eh teeks

• Options
    edited January 2016

No flies on gelders, either.

What mode was this, in last night's Super Roller?

Congrats.

GELDY05£1078.70