You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mmmmmmm

JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Does anyone else think I should stop playing SNGs  lol

I had no idea that this was happening to me until I checked out sharkscope,  looks like  MTT's may be the way for me to go 

UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilterJockBMW         506$0  $9  6%-$174  -57Sky PokerSNG OnlyxJockBMW         94$4  $7  43%$379  -75Sky PokerSch. Onlyx

(edited/removed links to sharkscope - Sky_ Rich)

Please remove links if you post your stats

Thanking you!

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    The average stake maybe is the difference? I know its only $2 but over quite alot of games? Play lower sng's?

Do u find with MTT's u manage to cash quite frequently, but fail to hit the heights/final tables as much as you would expect to??

Changing gears is important in MTT's, but even more so in SNG's....?

DOHH
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Mmmmmmm:
    The average stake maybe is the difference? I know its only $2 but over quite alot of games? Play lower sng's? Do u find with MTT's u manage to cash quite frequently, but fail to hit the heights/final tables as much as you would expect to?? Changing gears is important in MTT's, but even more so in SNG's....? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Thanks for that feedback DOHHHHHHH, ( I''m sorry if I don't have enough H's in your name lol )

With MTT's I find it easier to play because you have a longer time to play your game.  With the SNGs, and in the main it's DYM, I play, you have such a short time to react that one bad call and your virtually out.

Funnily enough I have played some smaller stake DYMs and I have found that I can be much more aggressive at the lower level, which has been both more fun and more profitable.

If I'm being completely honest here ( red Face  red Face ),  I think this shows how much I have been on tilt in the DYM games.  If I lose an £11 DYM I'll immediately play a £22 to try and get the lost money back.

Actually that gives ma a great idea for the site,  Just as you can restrict the amount of money you can deposit, why can't we have a system that allows you to limit the buy in stake of the games you play.  with a maximum change of once a week, once a month for example.

ANyone else think it's a good idea.... Or am I the only one that doesn't have the discipline to not go on tilt lol

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited February 2010
    I suck at sit n go as well lol (yet i still play them for those short fixes)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I suck at sit n go as well lol (yet i still play them for those short fixes)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

That's the thing about them, they are quick and you can fit one in around the rest of your life.  

Unfortunately at the moment my MTT's are funding my short term fixes lol
  • Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Mmmmmmm : That's the thing about them, they are quick and you can fit one in around the rest of your life.   Unfortunately at the moment my MTT's are funding my short term fixes lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    Be careful you dont become a DYM junkie then.lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Mmmmmmm : Be careful you dont become a DYM junkie then.lol
    Posted by TORTUS007

Not only I am a junkie, I'm now varying my fixes............. just won my first DYM  OMAHA   60p one though lol
  • Options
    TORTUS007TORTUS007 Member Posts: 456
    edited February 2010
    Brill-well done.

Is it all down to Percy !!!!

Percy Veerance.  lol
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited February 2010
    You are showing a +roi, but negative profit, to me this means that you are funding your higher stakes games with profit from your lower stakes games (or is it the other way round?)

Either way, work out which games ar most profitible stt wise and stick to those.

Just had a look at your graphs, your £2.50 games show a huge roi of 30% but your £5 and £10 games show a negartive roi of up to 15%

Stick to the £2.25, £3.30 games and you will be just fine.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    just a quick note that i edited your original post JockBMW.

thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Rich,  I didn't realise I had posted a link,  it was completely unintentional I assure you. 

There is a word that is sometimes use to describe me and technology......   technoplygic 
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited February 2010
    Sorry Rich,  I didn't realise I had posted a link,  it was completely unintentional I assure you.  There is a word that is sometimes use to describe me and technology......   technoplygic 
    Posted by JockBMW

no of course, i 100% realise that. it is a very easy thing to do.

if you ever need help sorting your 'links' out just give me a shout