You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lack of respect

ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
Only a £5 Double up. No banter earlier in the game and no chat from this particular player whatsoever.

5 players left  in a very tight game. I hit KA suited. Other person it turns out had 89. Im all in for 2100 chips they have 2130 and call.......and hit the 8. Obviously they win and I'm thinking ...Oh well, what a b!tch poker can be sometimes.

THEN , the other person posts in the chat box ....'bye'.

This really winds me up. I believe it is just a total lack of class and has no place at a poker table.

Anyone else gets wound up by things like this....or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited February 2010
    personally it doesnt bother me unless i know the player, but then thats cos i dont give a  s h i t if some keyboard bandit wants to be a d head, its no skin off my nose so to speak. But in answer to your question, yes it is very disrespectful.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited February 2010
    depends what tone they were saying it with... they may be just saying a friendly bye... does p*ss me off though lol.
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2010
    with respect to you if something as little as this bothers you a thicker skin may be required
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited February 2010
    I hate it when players behave like that.Another of their favourite taunts is when they hit real lucky on the river after being well behind and type in ty.grrrrr 
  • Options
    ACBRO67ACBRO67 Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2010
    Yep...ty is another one. I have got thick skin btw barnsie...its just something that I think has no place at the table. We all win some ,we all lose some but why the 'ty' or 'bye' just cos youve hit.

Love a bit of banter at the tables and I give a lot out myself.If I've been in a 'discussion' with player during the game then OK...give some back...but a table where there is no chat whatsoever to suddenly come out with ty or bye....its pathetic.
  • Options
    AskiAski Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2010
    Now now AC, the other player has induced you to go all in when he's holding a monster with his 89, so he is perfectly within his right to act all big and clever, as he knew he was going to hit one of his cards to knock you out.

IN all seriousness though, I wouldnt say it winds me up so much, just find it unnecessary and put it down to petty childness. I know in those situations where I've got lucky, I'm not looking to draw any attention to myself at all, and just keep quiet and thank my lucky stars I got fortunate.

I find now that unless I'm playing at a table with someone that I know, if there is no chat within first couple of minutes then I'll just go to mini view,. I know it may mean that I may miss the smart witty comments of bye's and ty's, but its something I can live with

Aski :)
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    I've said sorry many times for getting lucky, never bye or ty though.
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    I am too busy taking it out on the nearest cat or younger brother to notice what anyone says after I lose a hand.

• Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Lack of respect:
    I am too busy taking it out on the nearest cat or younger brother to notice what anyone says after I lose a hand.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    I go through more laptops than a Vegas "dancer" ;o)
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited February 2010
    surely a new laptop costs more than what you just lost though.

get a cat
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited February 2010
    Tilting my opponent is a personal favourite of mine...