You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Network error on software

Timmy712Timmy712 Member Posts: 40
edited September 2016 in Feedback & Suggestions
Is anybody getting a network error message when trying to open the downloaded software? I am only able to play via the browser at the moment. Is there a problem with the software?
Timmy712

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814
    edited February 2016

Hi Timmy,

Some might say there are a lot of problem with the software..........but no, as of right now, the Tables are at the normal traffic levels & I'm not aware of any widespread reports of this problem.

Hope it sorts itself imminently.

• goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited February 2016
    Same problem!

The download client wont open. Keeps saying network error.

Can play through browser but the tables overlap & its a reet pain lol
    edited February 2016
    Reinstalled the Download client & still no joy :(
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,814
    edited February 2016

Don't know what to suggest really guys, the problems you are suffering don't seem to be at all widespread.

Best bloke to chat with is "Noseybonk", who understands these things & has cured these problems for many others.

• SUPERSNEDDSUPERSNEDD Member Posts: 910
    edited February 2016

Tony, 

Some like myself don't complain much and just get on with playing using a different route or elsewhere.  I haven't been able to use the download client for the last week now, some just move to the browser but it's not as good for multi-tabling.  Like myself I have been away with business but have been using my ipad so nwasn't vital at the time to be back on the download client.

I thought it would have been back to normal by now, but like goodylad said, I have uninstalled and reinstalled again and still no joy, including Adobe Air.

I remember this happening a few years ago and one of your tech guys lead me through uninstalling some other software which wasn't obviously connected but did the trick.  I could do with that guy now to help me clear the issue and will make a call either through customer service or priority.  If I get a solution I'll post it back here unless somebody else can advise in the meantime.

I'll use the browser for the moment but would really like to be back on the download client.

Thanks
    Snedds
    edited February 2016

Contacted customer service who are looking into it now
    edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Network error on software:
    Contacted customer service who are looking into it now
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Any joy pal ? - Mine still wont load :(
  • dSoMnDkdSoMnDk Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2016
    I have this problem too. Have reinstalled but no joy. I'm still using XP, might that be the problem?
    edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Network error on software : Any joy pal ? - Mine still wont load :(
    Posted by goodylad21
    Not yet, been in discussion with Priority for last couple of weeks, but been difficult as being working away.  I am at the stage where they recommend upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and also I need to screenshot my installed programs and the tech team will see if it is one of them that is causing the issue.  I'm away again, so might be a while before I get this fixed, although I can still 1 table on my iPad :(

I'll reply back here if I ever get it sorted.

Good luck Pal, let me know if you get yours fixed first.
  • L_F_C_1L_F_C_1 Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2016
    In Response to Network error on software:
    Is anybody getting a network error message when trying to open the downloaded software? I am only able to play via the browser at the moment. Is there a problem with the software? Timmy712
    Posted by Timmy712
    I havnt been able to use download for weeks now.....have been using browser   I also have XP ..could this be the problem  ???
    edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: Network error on software : Any joy pal ? - Mine still wont load :(
    Posted by goodylad21
    Message for Goodylad21 if your still about

Give me a shout if you can't use the download client, I've just managed to get mine working and it may work for you.

PM me if you want

Cheers
    Snedds
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,326
    @toogs .

Ive bumped this.
  • steveyseesteveysee Member Posts: 74
    Do the tech guys exist?