You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Norman Chad commentary - The Brat's Meltdown

NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
I remember seeing this during the initial broadcast (on the internet) & it always makes me laugh so I'm sticking up a link. All his commentary is superb but this one really tickles me - Meltdown in 3..2..1
I hope Norman never stops doing this stuff.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,222
    edited February 2010

Superb!

For me, Mr Chad is everything a poker commentator should be. He's right up there with James Hartigan, in fact.

As for Mr Hellmuth, that's another matter. As a Pro player - & he's the best, aguably - he sets a shocking example. Take your beats like a Man Mr H, & you'll be the real deal then.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    none one rants better than helmuth,

n1 great entertainment !
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    Loved the other guy on the table...

Hellmuth: "Why call a raise with King Eight?"

Other guy "Maybe he figured a donk would pay him of with Jacks."

Classic.

Seriously though, Hellmuth and others like him (Luke Schwartz anyone?) are a disgrace to poker. Any new player watching this fool on telly automatically assumes that this is the way to behave when they get beat. I'd much rather watch somebody like James Akenhead or Dave Colclough than this overgrown mummy's boy. At least they have class.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Norman Chad commentary - The Brat's Meltdown:
    Loved the other guy on the table... Hellmuth: "Why call a raise with King Eight?" Other guy "Maybe he figured a donk would pay him of with Jacks." Classic. Seriously though, Hellmuth and others like him (Luke Schwartz anyone?) are a disgrace to poker. Any new player watching this fool on telly automatically assumes that this is the way to behave when they get beat. I'd much rather watch somebody like James Akenhead or Dave Colclough than this overgrown mummy's boy. At least they have class.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    Helmuth is the archetypal "Too Much Too Young"  Won big early and never learnt how to behave.

The Specials anyone?
    "You done too much much too young. Now you're married with a kid when you should be having fun with me!"
  • Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2010
    like it .... rude boy!!!!

• Options
    Root_KunalRoot_Kunal Member Posts: 714
    edited February 2010
    I`ll post a link to one of hes outbursts calls a player and idiot 4 5 times player gets very annoyed phil gets warning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99-jcla0MHc
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited February 2010
    Loved the other guy on the table... Hellmuth: "Why call a raise with King Eight?" Other guy "Maybe he figured a donk would pay him of with Jacks." Classic. Seriously though, Hellmuth and others like him (Luke Schwartz anyone?) are a disgrace to poker. Any new player watching this fool on telly automatically assumes that this is the way to behave when they get beat. I'd much rather watch somebody like James Akenhead or Dave Colclough than this overgrown mummy's boy. At least they have class.
    Posted by KnackersYa
    I have to disagree,characters like Helmuth,Matusow  and others, really have helped bring 'the game' to the people.You put 10 stiffs around a table its not exactly 'entertaining'. Helmuth is absolutely classic and alot of his points(rants) are usually spot on. Makes me laff time and time again,and im sure alot of its tongue in cheek,he knows alot of people want 2 see it..not only a poker genius,but a truly funny guy..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1309498922017665626#docid=-7175180403392543531

C L A S S I C
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Norman Chad commentary - The Brat's Meltdown : I have to disagree,characters like Helmuth,Matusow  and others, really have helped bring 'the game' to the people.You put 10 stiffs around a table its not exactly 'entertaining'. Helmuth is absolutely classic and alot of his points(rants) are usually spot on. Makes me laff time and time again,and im sure alot of its tongue in cheek,he knows alot of people want 2 see it..not only a poker genius,but a truly funny guy..
    Posted by philmenow

Sorry mate but i just find his antics reprehensible. Any other player in the world would be punished, but Hellmouth constantly gets away with it. Maybe entertainment value in the same way as slowing down to look at a car crash? Not for me, I'd rather be watching poker than some fool (who did play JJ terribly) cacking his pants when it goes wrong.

Don't get me started on Hevad Khan, I'm with Broughton on that one.

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited February 2010
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1309498922017665626#docid=-7175180403392543531                                              C L A S S I C
    Posted by philmenow
    excellentooooooooo !!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hevad khan,lol,now theres a proper wannabe idiot.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    Seriously, how is Mike the Mouth a millionnaire???

He has the funniest laugh in the world though, haha

Is there any footage of out there of Hellmuth when he was the best in the world? winning everything? - Not just a gud 1 off fold/call, but when he's actually dominating a table hand after hand, which he must have done at 1 point?

Wud like to see it.

DOHH